Become a Patron!

Need someone clever to help me with a dumb question

Hey,

So I just bought a few Big Mouth concentrates and it says on their website to dose the concentrate like 8-15 % depending on the base and I can't figure out what it means. Do they mean to dose it 8% of concentrate/100ml of base or what. I really don't get it.

Thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Higher VG base requires more flavor concentrates and usually a longer steep time vs using a higher PG base.

PG is kind of a flavor carrier.
for me 50/50 PG/VG works well for me.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey,

So I just bought a few Big Mouth concentrates and it says on their website to dose the concentrate like 8-15 % depending on the base and I can't figure out what it means. Do they mean to dose it 8% of concentrate/100ml of base or what. I really don't get it.

Thanks

You can make any amount you like, so you do this:

Pick a final amount of eliquid you want to make - let's say 100mL

8% of 100mL is 8mL (easy, right?)

So you have 8mL of flavor concentrate, and the rest is 92mL of VG/PG, and nicotine

You can use a calculator, but the math is pretty simple for this

Take your final amount to make

Multiply the final amount to make by the % of flavoring you want, then uss that much flavoring

120mL total and 15% flavoring?

Do this -

120 x 0.15 =

18mL of flavor concentrate

Are you also adding nicotine?

You can make any amount you like, so you do this:

Pick a final amount of eliquid you want to make - let's say 100mL

8% of 100mL is 8mL (easy, right?)

So you have 8mL of flavor concentrate, and the rest is 92mL of VG/PG, and nicotine

Thanks a lot, yeah the math is simple but I just wanted to make sure

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey,

Thanks
The vase is either the VG or the PG. You would want more flavor concentrate if you have a higher VG percentage because VG is responsible for making clouds mostly wow the PG is responsible for carrying the flavor and making flavors strong, so you would need less concentrate if you use a higher PG mix such as 80vg/20PG or vg70/30 PG.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey,

Thanks
For a standard number of percentage of concentrate, just take say 120ml X .08, which is going to give you the answer of 8% of a 120 ml bottle. When you are figuring a percentage you can use the percentage key on your calculator and type in 8% x 120, and do it that way and adjust depending on how much VG versus PG you are using since the VG makes this mostly clouds and the PG makes more flavor so you would need less concentrate if you have more PG.

VU Sponsors