Become a Patron!

Need some help with my Target Pro 75w

Hey guys im new to vaping E-liquids and the Target Pro 75w is my first vape i got it yesterday and being excited i opened it all up charged my battery put it together and let it rip soon after i realized id made a terrible mistake because i didn't prime the unit i just filled it up and trying going to town and as im sure you more experienced vapers know that tasted like shit! after a quick google search i realized what i had done wrong and proceeded to prime the unit as multiple tutorials had instructed. im purely vaping for flavor and i think i might have ruined my coil already because im hardly getting any flavor but seeing as im new to this maybe im getting what im supposed to and im just not impressed? so i started right off the bat with 35W on the .05 coil as thats what a YouTube video had suggested for maximum effect. right away it was to hot for me and it seemed to burn my lips im pretty sure i ruined this thing and i think i need to buy a new coil or maybe use the spare 0.6 that came in the box or maybe my stupidity can be fixed? i dunno iv been running it lower on like 10w with the same 0.5 coil as i read somewhere to break in a new coil i should start low and step it up slowly over time? im sure im not the first overly excited fool to make this mistake.

would you guys consider this coil ruined???

should i try the other included coil or keep trying to break this one in?

my under standing is that the 0.6 coil is for 40-75W but can it be used lower? or should i just buy more 0.5 SS coils?

any other info you guys want to throw my way im truly a ignorant fool but i learn fast and hopefully ill soon be on the other side of this paragraph offing help to other noobies lol

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU

I use the .9 kanthal coils, and the ceramics doesn't scorch like the cotton coils.
I don't prime mine like traditional coils. I fill and close down the air flow to a small amount, and do a bunch of dry, hard pulls, to allow the vacuum pull the liquid thru the Ceramic media. I use 80/20 vgpg. I don't understand how the .5 is rated for lower watts than the .6. I use the .9 at 27w.

I may have it backwards but what i read was the 0.5 was for 10-40w and the 0.6 was for 40-75w i may have got some bad info ill double check

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have it backwards but what i read was the 0.5 was for 10-40w and the 0.6 was for 40-75w i may have got some bad info ill double check
Yes, that's how they have them listed, but seems bass ackwards.

the other thing i forgot to mention was im vaping Beard Co #5 which is suppost to be cheese cake ish it came highly recommend and i mean its cheese cake! i figured it would be great maybe my juice just isnt good? i mean it doesnt taste bad but i dont really taste much of anything

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had it, so can't say.
I know I've had some thick juice that kept air bubbles vapor locked type trapped, and opening the top and then reclosing it, to put some positive pressure back in the tank helped get it flowing proper.

@RatRacer i used it all day today and it seemed to preform much better as the tank got lower i think i may have over filled it the flavor doesnt seem to have improved but over all experience seems better it maybe that im just getting used it the way it is im going to order some other juice and try something different. any recommendations?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Verde Valley Vapes, aka V3. They are now using a 75/25 blend that wicks thru the Ceramic a little better. I also use MadCow, as both brand's have threads here and run good sales that get you 100ml bottles in the $8- $10 range, and are well reviewed. I've never bought any of the $15 for 30ml "gourmet" stuff to compare the budget juice to. A couple guys I know like Cuttwood juice.

Curious as what you are comparing flavor To? Maybe the juice itself may not have the flavor intensity you are expecting. It's got to taste better than a cig anyways,no?:D

VU Sponsors