Become a Patron!

Need more power

Hi i recently bought a cuboid 150W, running on vtc4. i mostly used builds around 0.3/0.4 ohm and everything is perfect. but when i switched to 0.1 ohm my mod would not push more than 70 watt of power. It puts out 24 Amps ass well. Now my question is: is it caused because of A rating of the batteries or is it something different??

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At 0.1Ω your at the lower limit in power mode and a lot of mods won't pull full power that low. The mod is limited to 25 amps.
This video is for the mini but jump ahead to about 51:20. He compares the two mods and you'll see what I mean.
Also Joyetech manual says "could do up to 150W" not that it dose do 150 watts. A lot of mods are like this.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Cuboid has a 25A limit.
25A @ 0.1 ohm = 62.5W
You want more power, use higher resistance coils.

Also Joyetech manual says "could do up to 150W" not that it dose do 150 watts. A lot of mods are like this.

The cuboid has two firmware versions, one for 150W and the other for 200W and yes it can reach around 200W, just at a very specific resistance range around 0.3+ ohm, though I wouldn't recommend going above 125W with a pair of 20A batteries.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is why mod makers that chip stuff, generally put limits in the chip. If you pulled 150 watts at that low ohms, you'd blow your batteries. Be thankful it did limit out, or you might be looking for a plastic surgeon to fix your face.

VU Sponsors