Become a Patron!

Need help with rda

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg I'm useing hellboy rda with x pro m80 pluse and I need help with it I'm running 40 watts and it chokes hell out of me and it hits really rough need help on how build one that has smoother hit image.jpg

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well lets start with more detail..
what gauge wire, what kind of wire, what size coils (wraps and id), what resistance?
what kind of juice, what nic level is the juice?

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotien is 3 7 or 8 wrap the shop built it for me and I wanna say 25 for size and it showing .488 to .55 it jumps back and forth ik my box will fire down to .1 all way up to 3.0 I new to whole rda stuff I'm just needing help so I don't keep choken on it I want a smooth hit at 40 watts I mean I can hit it once at 80 watt but burn shit out my throat

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay, here's the thing... there is no must fire at wattage for any given RDA/RBA/RTA I have run at ranges between 13w and 60w, it is all dependent on how it tastes... for a .5ohm coil on a new addy I would probably start out at 20w and work my way up till I hit the temperature and flavor I liked, that may be right at the 20w spot, or it might be as high as 60w, although for me personally I never fire a .5 higher then 30w, but that is my taste preference which is exactly what I guess I am trying to say... forget what anyone else is doing and enjoy your vaping the way you want.

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thanks I try that but like it get extreamly hot to at times. What I was trying to say is what would be a good build to be able to use the higher volts on it

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need a different build. Those coils are way too long which makes the wick have a hard time keeping the center of the coil supplied with juice. Long coils also result in the center of the coil getting much hotter than the ends of them. The positioning of the coils over the air inlet could be better. Looks like they might not have used quite enough cotton inside the coil. I suggest a new build using 24g kanthal, dual coils, 3mm diameter, 6 wraps, cotton slightly snug in the coils and trimmed to just touch the deck. Coils centered, out far enough to be halfway over the air inlet and the bottom of the coil slightly above the top edge of the air inlet. Every vape shop build I've ever seen has been shit. You're gonna have to learn to do it yourself if that's the kind of builds they do for people that just want a solid setup.

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thank you I buy the wire and everything and give it a shot does cotton brand matter also my thing just cought fire is that cuz it was to dry I'm hope ing

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thank you I buy the wire and everything and give it a shot does cotton brand matter also my thing just cought fire is that cuz it was to dry I'm hope ing

Yes if your cotton is really dry it will catch fire. If you catch it quickly and blow it out sometimes you can just juice it up and keep vaping. If you get a burnt taste then you will have to rewick.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can get a bag of organic cotton balls from your local drug store for usually $4. An 80 count bag should last over a year. It's all I use and works great.

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah Imma re wick it lol it just freaked me out lol

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok because I bout bacon cotton and be honest I really hate it