Become a Patron!

Need help with purchase!

Hey there!

First thing I want to say is that English isn't my first language. (I'm Dutch)

It all started with me wanting the new iStick 60Watt TC + Lemo 2 kit. I was looking on the internet for a good deal. The set costs around 70 euros in the Netherlands (excl. the 18650). Then I came on this site: www.vapingbest.com. I saw the eleaf kit for $46 there, which is like almost the half of the price in my country. I thought, mmmm but most of the time shipping is expensive to the NL. That's why I sent the customer service the following email:

Dear VapingBest.com,
I'd wonder about shipping to the NL. Is it really free? Do you know something more about taxes and fees? I'm interested in the iStick 60watt TC with the Lemo 2 atomizer, because its only 40 euros at your shop, and in the NL its at least 75+ euros.

Sincerely,

Teun

Reaction:
Hi Teun ,
Thank you very much for your email.
I'm David from VapingBest customer service, and yeah, we offer free
shipping to NL, free order tracking number, normally your package will be
shipped within about 24 hours after order placed, and the package will be
delivered in about 5-7 working days.
We have the istick 60W tc melo 2 full kit in stock now and ready to ship.
Any further questions, please feel free to email me, I'm more than happy
to help.
Best Regards
David

Hell yeah, was my first reaction, and a couple days after that email I ordered the kit and paid it....
When suddenly this e-mail was in my inbox:

Hi Teun,
Thank you very much for your email and your order.
Sorry to tell you that currently we can not ship packages to your country
with normal mail because we noticed that we had many orders lost on the
way to Netherlands or it took much longer time to arrive, in case your
package lose during the shipping, may I know if you can add $25 for the
express delivery,sorry about it, and looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards
David

I was very disappointed, because I asked them before about the shipping, and their site also says 'we offer free world wide shipping'.

The question I have is: Are they allowed to advertise and promise 'free world wide shipping' and after the payment ask another $25 dollars more?

I'd like to hear from you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Teun

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their site lists no disclaimers as to the possibility of having to pay for shipping to certain countries. Personally, I would tell them if they could not honor their free worldwide ship policy, I would have to order elsewhere.

@Teresa P
Hey,
Thank you for your answer. I didn't read the disclaimer but I sent them a mail with the obvious question: Do you really send free to the NL? And they replied it with yes (as you can see in the spoilers from the first post).

But if they can't honor their 'free shipping', I'll take the refund and I'll dissuade the website to everyone outside the USA and China.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Read my post again - they don't list any disclaimers as to shipping. The fact that they want more money to send the product to your location - out of all the countries in the world - just makes me suspicious.

@Teresa P
Hey,
Whoops, sorry my bad.. It makes it just a lot weirder! Do you know if the higher admins can place this post higher? It's because VapingBest is like a partner or something from VU.
Thank you for your help!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can certainly tag them and hope for a response (VapingBest).

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna move this to the new members area and out of forum help area
Welcome to VU, Dutch, Nice to meet you:)

VU Sponsors