Become a Patron!

Need help with my mixing

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi fellow DJs im really struggling with my DIY liquid im allmost ready to chuck them all away its doing my brain in and taking to much of my life away!
So iv bought some flavours from flavour art and he said to mix them at 8% some tasted strong some tasted very weak banana being one of them. But saying that people say there banana is strong?
Iv done alot of reading and see that there strawberry need as little as 2% so i re made the batch as follows for 30pg 70vg mix
Strawberry 2%
Banana 3%
Pimms 2%
Ry4 nutzilla 3%
Double delight 3%

I tryed the strawberry as they say you can vape it right away but im not tasting anything? Any tips on these id be very greatfull and how long i should steep them i like a strongish taste but not over powering as my taste buds dont last that long on the same flavours
Thnx in advance i really hope i can figure this out cuz im flying through my vg and pg mix

happy vaping

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving this over to general DIY...

Are you trying everything standalone first before trying to mix? If not that's the first step - little tiny batches, start at 2-3%, test, add a couple drops of flavor if needed, test...FA stuff can really be strong, and it's possible to weaken it by using too much, as bizarre as that sounds. You'll get the hang of it, just start with baby steps - I know I jumped right off the deep end and needed to be rescued before tip-toeing back in with greater success the second time around...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Moving this over to general DIY...

Are you trying everything standalone first before trying to mix? If not that's the first step - little tiny batches, start at 2-3%, test, add a couple drops of flavor if needed, test...FA stuff can really be strong, and it's possible to weaken it by using too much, as bizarre as that sounds. You'll get the hang of it, just start with baby steps - I know I jumped right off the deep end and needed to be rescued before tip-toeing back in with greater success the second time around...
Yes im not mixing anything iv done them all 5ml of each one and only tryed the strawberry last night when i made it and i dint taste anything am i best waiting a day before trying?

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, try upping the strawberry to 3% - if that doesn't work try 4%. I'm guessing you'll start getting something by then.

What PG/VG ratios are you using, and how much nic? These could also affect how much flavor you need...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay, try upping the strawberry to 3% - if that doesn't work try 4%. I'm guessing you'll start getting something by then.

What PG/VG ratios are you using, and how much nic? These could also affect how much flavor you need...
I aint put any nic in yet dont wana waste it and im usin 30pg 70vg the pain of it is i have to make another 5ml to try it

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just add 1 drop at a time, shake and Vape - assume you're stepping up 0.5% every drop. It's imprecise, but you'll be in the ballpark.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just add 1 drop at a time, shake and Vape - assume you're stepping up 0.5% every drop. It's imprecise, but you'll be in the ballpark.
So put it in my subtank mini have a vape if no joy put a drop in from the concentrate bottle into my tank witch will increase by 0.5% ? Is that correct?

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nic does make the flavour come out more as it oxidizes it once you have made up your mix put the bottle in a cup make sure the lid is on the bottle and pour hot water in the cup wait a couple mins then shake the bottle the heat will make the vg less viscous and easier to mix do this every couple mins then let it cool try it then it maybe that it's not mixing properly.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The nic does make the flavour come out more as it oxidizes it once you have made up your mix put the bottle in a cup make sure the lid is on the bottle and pour hot water in the cup wait a couple mins then shake the bottle the heat will make the vg less viscous and easier to mix do this every couple mins then let it cool try it then it maybe that it's not mixing properly.

I will try that but there in plastic bottles so should i do it in warm water not hot?

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

One thing guys will i get n idea from a shake and vape even if they need steeping or not? Like is not that strong go up 2%? If almost there go up 1%? Or no taste go up 3% kinda thing? What would you advise on that?

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fruity vapes are good shake an vape some like the strawberry are better shake an vape and lose a bit flavour after steep. Some like custards tobaccos or dessert types need a good steep.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fruity vapes are good shake an vape some like the strawberry are better shake an vape and lose a bit flavour after steep. Some like custards tobaccos or dessert types need a good steep.

Ok but for the ones need steeping will i get n idea if its about rite from a shake n vape or will i have to wait 2 weeks for them to steep then try?
I may just make aload at 3%
And the double delight and ry4 nutzilla at 5% and hope for the best lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so iv shook these up loads warmed them up twice shaking in between let them breath for 20 mean shake them again and shook them again and again oh and iv shook them up again im letting them sit in the tub for abit to settle down and il try a vape fingers crossed so i can get a good batch going and get my next order in im fed up with just pink and heisenburg lol

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a Subtank mini, you might consider one drop to equal 1%. I thought you were adding it to a 5 ml bottle of liquid. Do you have an RDA to test on? Running a full tank of every experiment could get tedious...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In a Subtank mini, you might consider one drop to equal 1%. I thought you were adding it to a 5 ml bottle of liquid. Do you have an RDA to test on? Running a full tank of every experiment could get tedious...
No i dont have a rda thats what i need really init nah im making 5ml of each then testing eAch one and yea its a nightmare!

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look into something small and cheap - even old tech like a Smok Octopus is a great option to build a single coil around 1.5 ohm with a small wick to test flavors. Then you take your 5 ml bottle, test a few drops, add a drop of flavor, test a few drops...much faster, and less wasted liquid if it's too weak.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Iv got abit of taste of double delight and ry4 nutzilla At 3% so im gona mKe 30ml of each at 6% so i can leave them to steep for a week banana and strawberry are a no go at 2% im tasting literally nothing so il make 10ml of each them at 5% what are your thoughts? Am i going the rite way about it? :/

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look into something small and cheap - even old tech like a Smok Octopus is a great option to build a single coil around 1.5 ohm with a small wick to test flavors. Then you take your 5 ml bottle, test a few drops, add a drop of flavor, test a few drops...much faster, and less wasted liquid if it's too weak.
Well i was thinking i could just drop it on to the wick of the subtank instead of filling it up? So 4drops to a 5ml bottle is 1% rite?

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you know how many drops/ml your bottles give? I've heard 33 used as a baseline for most, 40 for the new FA bottles with the orange caps. If you're using those, 4 drops would be .1 ml, or 2% of 5 ml.

Hoping someone with a little better knowledge than me on this will chime in to correct me if needed...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh yh i got a mixture so 2drops 1% cant be rite?

happy vaping

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm correct on the 40 drops/ml, 2 drops to 1% in a 5 ml total mixture would be right. The question is whether I'm right on the drops.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think its 4 drops 1% i then done it into a syringe to 0.05 and that took 4 drops

happy vaping

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
I typically try a drop on my finger to see how it tastes, and then adjust. This will 'bypass' the VG/PG ratio

VG is quite difficult to carry flavour in vapor. Some really do require almost 50/50 if it's a subtle taste

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah i am usin 70vg 30pg maybe thats my problem banana seems to be the hardest to get a taste of it

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Jasonfox1988 - don't forget to shake your flavors well before you do your drops ... flavors will separate and have heard this as a common cause to 'not tasting the flavor' strawberry is known for this especially - (thanx VU/HIC) :)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So strawberry only start coming into play at 6% for me so im gona mix a batch at 10%
Banana at 6% im still tasting nothing what so ever so think im gona up that to around 14%
Rest is ok
Vapimms 4%
Tutti frutti 4%
Double delight 7%
Ry4 nutzilla 10%
I think these will work the low percentage dont seem to be working for me maybe its cuz im using hi vg

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Jasonfox1988 - don't forget to shake your flavors well before you do your drops ... flavors will separate and have heard this as a common cause to 'not tasting the flavor' strawberry is known for this especially - (thanx VU/HIC) :)
Oh yes im shaking them very well

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so iv now finished mixing 150ml of liquid now im out of vg lol all good i have high hopes for it this time

happy vaping

VU Sponsors