Become a Patron!

Need help with my clapton build.

How many wraps for a dual clapton coils of 26g Kanthal A1 and 32g Nichrome80 for a build of .1 - .2 ohms?

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you should use 24g nichrome for the inner and 5 wraps ID 2.5mm, with 26g ka1 I think you will severely be losing surface area and lose a lot of flavor and vapor production. you would have to make it a 4 wrap maybe even 3. but you could also parallel a piece of wire next to your Clapton like a piece of 26g or 24g to lower the resistance without losing surface area but I imagine it will bump up your ramp time a little shouldn't be to much though.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also what I do witch helps me a lot with my building journey is I got evernote and I take a picture and add all the specs of a coil such as what wire I use what kind of build it is what it ohms out at what the ramp up time is how the vapor production is and flavor profile of the coil, that way when I go to build I have a whole bunch of coils and info on the coils so I can get exactly the result im looking for whether its a quick ramping coil or a vapor chugging coil or a flavor chasing coil, saves me a lot of time and makes it so I never build the same coil twice unless that's what im going for, anyone who builds a lot will understand how frustrating it is to build the same shitty coil twice.

kickboxerwalker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it can be very tough to start with a desired resistance and build to it. when i built my first fused claptons i used 26 kanthal with 34 kanthal, then 24 and 34, then 26 nichrome with 34. nichrome definetly is the better choice as it cut down the ramp up time and decreased resistance, but in my research and expierence, the best bet is to use a nichrome core, the smallest gauge kanthal you can work with on the outter wraps. the number of wraps in the coil and size of ID will depend on your RDA. example, on my Royal Hunter, i usually use 2.5-3mm id with standard builds, but i have to use 2mm or less on it for clapton and twisted builds. your type of mod will also influince your build resistance. you realy just have to play around with it. start big and bring it down to your fit your rda, taste and preferences. good luck.

VU Sponsors