Become a Patron!

Need help choosing a mod

derekkage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell all. I'm new here. I bought a Kanger TOPBOX over a year ago, and it is my only device. I got it to help me quit cigarettes, but it took some time before I was ready to turn my back on the wacky tobaccy. Now that I have demonstrated to myself that I don't need smoke in my life, I'm ready to expand my knowledge and power. I am attending my very first vape convention, World Vapor Expo. I have heard that there is a chance to meet a lot of people, learn a lot about the culture, and get new hardware and juices at slightly better than online prices. I've narrowed my choice for an upgrade to 3 devices and have been doing probably way too much research and YouTubing for my own good. I'd like to hear from some people their thoughts on the devices that have captured my attention. I am apologizing now for this post being long - I like to try to be thorough. The 3 are the Smok Alien, the Smok Procolor, and the Vaporesso Revenger.

I'll start with the Alien. This mod has a great deal of information available, and based on that, I like what I see. I like the form factor, the information on the screen, etc. It looks appealing. Plus it's been out for quite a while so a lot of the kinks have been worked out. All in all, it seems to be a very solid mod...provided you don't get one that craps out on you. I hear the customer service is pretty awful at times. I wanted this one so bad until...

The Procolor, which might as well be the Alien 2.0. Size, specs all seem nearly identical to the Alien. That new interface though is FREAKING GORGEOUS. It's so clean, streamlined, organic looking with just a hint of personalization. Speaking of personalization, how about that shield LED?!?! All in all, the mod looks breathtaking with the guts of an Alien. The main downside for me is the price as it just came out (probably the most expensive out of the 3). Also, it's going to take some time to find and squash any bugs with firmware upgrades. Personally, I think Smok missed a good opportunity by not including the new X-Baby tank over the Baby Beast; not a dealbreaker, but it's something I did notice. This is probably the one I am most leaning towards.

A late game contender, I'm impressed with what I have read and watched about the Vaporesso Revenger. It's very sleek and sexy and is probably way more advanced than I need at this point (what the hell are custom power curves?!?). I do like the fact that the menus are navigated without the fire button though. I'm hoping that the rainbow color one is at the convention so I can see it in person because it is seriously one of the most strikingly gorgeous devices I have ever seen in pictures. To paraphrase Ricky Bobby, that thing is prettier than looking up Salma Hayek's skirt. I kinda don't like the centered 510 though.

That covers the important stuff I guess. I'd really like to hear people's thoughts, experiences, etc. I thank you for reading this, and I hope that I at least made it entertaining enough for you to endure.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd go with the Alien. I have one an love it. no tech problems at all.

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the alien and the revenger. I loved the alien, even though it has no paint left on it... That being said, in my opinion the revenger is better in every way. Fired quicker, much more accurate temp control, and the ability to use power curves to dial in to your exact style of vaping. You can't go wrong with either of those 2.cant say anything in the Pro color, other than it looks awesome,but being a new devise, not to many reviews yet. Good luck with your decision. I would rate them avenger first followed by the alien, then the Pro color.

derekkage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wanted to follow up with my experience at the World Vapor Expo! I clearly didn't know what I was in for. There simply wasn't enough time to try everything; after an hour, I had only made it to the end of the first aisle. I made the mistake of trying to sample every booth I passed. Not enough time.

I did get an upgrade! I chose the 7-color Smok ProColor, & I love it. Such a more robust vaping experience than my Kanger. I did get a bum 0.4 coil so I had to use the 0.15 T8. It lasted me about 5 days (approx. 2K puffs). I just replaced it today.

I was surprised that after changing the coil, it never asked if I was using a new one so I'm not sure if the reading is accurate on the new coil.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of my smok mods ask if I've installed a new coil so not sure why it's not asked, usually has an option asking if it's a new coil or old coil.
I hope your enjoying the ProColour though, I have not yet looked up this mod

derekkage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My stepdaughter chose the T-Priv as her first ever mod. She's loving it. Is there a way to force the Smok to measure the coil? On my Kanger, I just had to either pop out the battery or take off the tank.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My stepdaughter chose the T-Priv as her first ever mod. She's loving it. Is there a way to force the Smok to measure the coil? On my Kanger, I just had to either pop out the battery or take off the tank.
It's a great little mod. You could try taking the tank off and putting it back on, I've done it with a few but as long as it's reading 0.15 or somewhere near that your in safe hands.
Long as it's not still ridding 0.4 your fine :)

VU Sponsors