Become a Patron!

Need expert help

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok here goes i have a apollo mech with a fishbone xs rda i built a duel micro coil in it on a 2mm drill bit with 22kanthal wire 5 wraps im running a single Efest 18650 35 amp 3200mah batt in it and for the love of white cotton socks i cant get huge clouds or for that matter a decent cloud it reads out at 0.08 ohms on my tester help please please please

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lets break this down.
Hybrid mech... check.
Flavor atty check.
Not a 35 amp battery check.
Dead short check.

You are lucky to have a hand let alone a face running an unknown rewrap battery in a hybrid with a dead short.

So get some 24 ga at min. add a few wraps, get your resistance over .20 so your rewrapped value cell does not explode or vent.
For clouds you are seriously using the wrong atty.
And for the love of white socks get rid of the hybrid.

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The bat really is a 35 amp bat flat top. Ok now what should i get im in south africa johannesburg so give me the real deal i need big clouds and i dont have a big budget

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The battery is not 35 amp. someone lied to you. it is a 20 amp at best constant, 35 amp pulse and your rig is pushing it WELL beyond safety.
The deal is for clouds you have enough of a set up to blow your hand off.

The wire in 22 ga requires FAR more ramp up time for that set up than you are able to push.

If you want clouds, get a safer battery like a sony or samsung.
24 ga wire, and a velocity or phenotype or airek.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The bat really is a 35 amp bat flat top. Ok now what should i get im in south africa johannesburg so give me the real deal i need big clouds and i dont have a big budget

I sincerely doubt that the battery is anywhere near 35 amp continuous or even close to 3200 mAh.

Efest has a HORRIBLE reputation for re-wrapping subpar batteries with inflated ratings.

Find some Samsung 25R or LG H2 brown batteries.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes wonder if I should help or not firstly you are trying to run a build beyond the capabilities of the battery..
You really need to learn Ohm's law and apply it.. Getting huge clouds is not just about low build or amps..
go here
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok ill get those bats next i need the proper atty and mech plz help give me names ill even import if i have to

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The mech, i suggest anything other than a hybrid. Not a big fan of direct contact.
Anything with copper contacts and you are golden. I gave you the name of three cloud chasing atties.

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I truly wasnt trying to see how low i can go b4 i explode i just took the wire built a coil and tested and wicked and vaped i kind found out now ghat im lucky to be here with what ive just done

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive got a vertex mod too is that ok or should i just chuck it in the bin and start from scratch

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For the last time Efest "35" are no 35s they are 20s

Oh South African? So the explosion won't reach me here:D

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For fucks sake... did a vape sell you only hybrid mods?
lack of vape education + shitty battery + hybrid mod = stupid should hurt.
Shitty batteries? Well at least they are not 18350 ICRs

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a vape shop here and i had a feeling they dont know shit hence im here asking for advice and guidence good thing i didnt spend much only like $50

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
K now seriously, you can use the Efest just don't go below 0.25
Oh and go back to the store and tell the owner he's a fucken retard.

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanx for all the help guys you have no idea how much i apreciate it ill be asking advice more and im deff getting a box and a new atty i dont mind the fishbone but i want clouds my stupid brother gets more clouds out of his hubbly than i get from my mod and im useing a 95/5 high vg

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanx for all the help guys you have no idea how much i apreciate it ill be asking advice more and im deff getting a box and a new atty i dont mind the fishbone but i want clouds my stupid brother gets more clouds out of his hubbly than i get from my mod

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My buddy has a Tesiyi 40a 2600mah 18650 any reviews on that or should he stay the hell away from that

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mech mod starters should memorize this mantra.
Sony, Samsung, LG, MNKE.

My buddy has a Tesiyi 40a 2600mah 18650 any reviews on that or should he stay the hell away from that

Not Sony, samsung, Lg, MNKE!!
Besides no 40amps in 18650... NONE.
Someone is trying to thin out the Joberg vaping crowd via Darwin like accidents.

Repeat
SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, MNKE.
If it is not one of those batteries it should not be put in your mech.

Tashwill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanx ill remember that i just threw all my shit away ill get me proper stuff month end

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
K now seriously, you can use the Efest just don't go below 0.25
Oh and go back to the store and tell the owner he's a fucken retard.
Better yet never go back ever...not even to get your money back.Because the person who sold you that stuff is either completely incompetent or secretly hates you and is actively trying to kill you.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not Sony, samsung, Lg, MNKE!!
Besides no 40amps in 18650... NONE.
I've seen 38A batteries but they're made by Efest so more than likely it's actually just a 20A.
While I don't mind using an Efest in a VV/VW mod I'd never use 1 in a mechanical mod or a TC mod ever.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen 38A batteries but they're made by Efest so more than likely it's actually just a 20A.
While I don't mind using an Efest in a VV/VW mod I'd never use 1 in a mechanical mod or a TC mod ever.
Pulse rated and advertised is vastly difference than an actual.
Truth in packaging.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's different in South Africa???
This guy said
0.08 Wt the FART LOL

VAPE ON

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanx ill remember that i just threw all my shit away ill get me proper stuff month end
You've got some good gear there don't toss it.It's not meant to be used together especially with the battery you had but I wouldn't toss it.Using a mechanical mod can be a challenge at even the best of times.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are not made by Efest since Efest don't make batteries, they buy the lowest grade cells that are left from each production by actual manufacturers (like LG, Samsung, etc..) and re-wrap them.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulse rated and advertised is vastly difference than an actual.
Truth in packaging.
Yep I completely understand that which is part of why I wouldn't use Efest on a Mechanical or TC.Both my mechanical mods have VTC4's in them currently.
Real Maraxus with a Kayfun - I call it the spaceship combo.
Red Kamry K100 with a cisco spec 501H Bridgeless a red drip-shield and red anodized aluminum drip-tip- My Lil' Red Vaping Machine.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's different in South Africa???
This guy said
0.08 Wt the FART LOL

VAPE ON
I honestly just thought that might be a typo...I doubt 0.08 would fire up and if it did it would only be long enough to go hiss boom probably.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are not made by Efest since Efest don't make batteries, they buy the lowest grade cells that are left from each production by actual manufacturers (like LG, Samsung, etc..) and re-wrap them.
Yep and I loved Efest batteries right until somebody made me aware of that practice.Now I know and I've let others know as well.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Freekvapers make a Youtube video,Sony VTC4 vs TESIYI 40A Extreme test. TESIYI 40A totally win.
that LOOKS TOTALLY FUCKING SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY TESTED!!!
WHERE THE FUCK DO I SIGN UP!!

Honestly that dude has his sign sticking out of his forehead... makes dumb choices.

Testing rig or it is just retard venting batteries.

eciginthebox

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that LOOKS TOTALLY FUCKING SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY TESTED!!!
WHERE THE FUCK DO I SIGN UP!!

Honestly that dude has his sign sticking out of his forehead... makes dumb choices.

Testing rig or it is just retard venting batteries.

Welcome to testing our batteries,please send your email address and address. we will send to you

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Mooch is this the same battery testing mooch??
Hit the vendor up and get some stuff for testing instead of an overseas vendor proving you can vent batteries.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tesiyi said they would send us some batteries to test, we will test them when they come in. That test video while interesting is not at all professional and I'm not sure I'd trust their results.

For now, the best batteries for very low builds are:
LG HB2
LG HB6
Sony VTC3
Sony VTC4

Be very careful of fake sony's, they're very common.

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tesiyi said they would send us some batteries to test, we will test them when they come in. That test video while interesting is not at all professional and I'm not sure I'd trust their results.

For now, the best batteries for very low builds are:
LG HB2
LG HB6
Sony VTC3
Sony VTC4

Be very careful of fake sony's, they're very common.
Hello, Jon@Liionwhoesale, Our battery have been sent to US now, we sent to Candice Couch, and Candice Couch will be send to you soon, you will receive our battery in this week.

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Mooch is this the same battery testing mooch??
Hit the vendor up and get some stuff for testing instead of an overseas vendor proving you can vent batteries.

We have send to @Mooch , his test have public on ECF now

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors