Become a Patron!

Need Advice For Airflow

Hi I’m wondering how more or less airflow effects your vape. I understand that more airflow = less dense and cooler vape. Less airflow = more dense and warmer vape. But is one or the other better for your coil and will doing one or the other increase the risk of burning your coil? Any advise or input is much appreciated, thanks!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils always burn,, you just have to make sure you have juice there!

I BAM

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I prefer a pretty restricted airflow, as I find it better for flavor. More airflow means bigger clouds, too. More airflow means faster evaporation so it uses juice faster too, in my experience.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I set air flow based on how hard a draw I want to take... then build a coil to run at suitable wattage for chosen air flow.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I change my air flow depending on the juice. Clouds are cool and all but I'm after good flavour.

Not sure if that helps.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't stand a massive wide open airflow. Perfect airflow for me is the Hadaly with both holes open. When it comes to big RDA's, like my goon for example, find anything more than 1 air flow hole open almost makes me gag.

Are you using a subtank with premade coils?

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I can't stand a massive wide open airflow. Perfect airflow for me is the Hadaly with both holes open. When it comes to big RDA's, like my goon for example, find anything more than 1 air flow hole open almost makes me gag.

I second that. Really digging the snake bite air flow on the rebel.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I have about a half a hole open on my Pulse 24, and about the same size opening on my Druga.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my air flow depending on the juice. Clouds are cool and all but I'm after good flavour.

Not sure if that helps.
Good point.... one should not confuse air flow with JYST draw strength or pressure. While connected..... there more too air flow than how how you have to suck. where it comes from where it goes how it interacts with the coil also matter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m using a sub tank with a 50-110 watt coil on my tarot pro, I usually vape around 80 watts

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Airflow needs to increase as power does, and as resistance declines, because either more power or less resistance, and certainly if both apply, makes a hotter coil, which provides more vapor.

Less airflow provides denser *flavor*, not denser clouds, because you have to keep the power down with a tighter draw, or things will burn, so you get *less* vapor -- but more flavor, because the vaporized ejuice is less diluted with air.

Andria

esigarett

Unlisted Vendor
Hi I’m wondering how more or less airflow effects your vape. I understand that more airflow = less dense and cooler vape. Less airflow = more dense and warmer vape. But is one or the other better for your coil and will doing one or the other increase the risk of burning your coil? Any advise or input is much appreciated, thanks!
Make sure it's not too "dry" or else it's not so healthy anymore...

VU Sponsors