Become a Patron!

Need a little help

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just started vaping about a week ago. I have a spinner 3 mod with aan aspire tank and I have the jolly rancher 6 nic juice. My problem is I don't feel like I'm getting enough nicotine I'm trying to take up vaping to quit dipping. I was going through a can of snuff a day. So my question is should I go with a higher nic juice?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most start out higher than 6 especially with beginning equipment. I found 18mg a good place to start. I got up to two packs a day before switching.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to smoke humpback Turkish gold 1-1.5 packs a day, and I started with 12mg nicotine. However, for sub ohm and RDA, I'm using 6mg. Depending on your feeling, you might increase to 8mg. If it's still too little go a step higher, until you find the satisfactory level for you.

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a 2 pack a day smoker. I sub-ohm 24mg nic all day everyday. I know that's high but I don't even think about cigarettes or miss them at all.

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I don't know how true it is, but everything I have read on the internet says that basically a dip of snuff is at least equivalent to 3 cigarettes. So by that logic I think that an 18mg or 24mg might get me closer to quitting.

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At the nic level I am at I have to back off my device for the most part... unless I have been drinking lol. That's the way I wanted it. The gas station cigalikes are like toys designed to get you frustrated with vaping and buy more smokes from my experience. This hi output setup I am using is like pure satisfaction. If anything it's too much... and I like that.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I don't know how true it is, but everything I have read on the internet says that basically a dip of snuff is at least equivalent to 3 cigarettes. So by that logic I think that an 18mg or 24mg might get me closer to quitting.

Sounds about right starting off and if you feel that is too much you can lower it back down a bit.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As you said, chewing is much more concentrated nicotine than smoking. As a two pack a day smoker I started on 24, and very quickly moved to 18. That was using similar equipment as you are currently using. After about a month or so of making the full transition to vaping only, I dropped down to 12.

Stash that 6 away for later in life, brother.

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thanks for the advice. I went and got a 24 nic juice and its good in their tester. It brought me back to a manageable state, but in my spinner 3 woth the aspire tank and whatever the factory coils are with that setup it seems like its not as potent. What can I do there? I was told the factory coils that came with the aspire tank are good froms 3.8 volts or whatever, I'm not real sure about the terminology just yet, to 4.0. That is if you want them to last any time. What can I do? Again I apologize I'm not real familiar with any of this vaping stuff yet. And thanks again for any help

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No need to apologize dude. Just about all of us here are former smokers, and we all faced similar hardships in our journey to quit.

If it's a Nautilis you are using, I found that the sweet spot is between four and 4.4 volts. Also, make sureyou have adjusted the airflow to something you enjoy. I personally enjoy the Nautilis on the widest open airflow setting.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried Beach Nut, Skol & other stuff. Not a good idea for me as I ride a Motorcycle a lot. I use a Lanyard with an Ego type battery & Aspire atty. Works well. If I loose it, $20 gone. I have never lost it. :cool: I can smell perfume sitting in the turn lane on my Motorcycle. Never could when I smoked. Not smoking Rocks. :cool:

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do I adjust my airflow? And how quick will 4.4 volts burn up my coil?

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My coil says its a 1.8ohm (3.0-5.0v) so would 4.4 volts burn my coil up quick, considering that it's rated for a maximum of 5 volts

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do I adjust my airflow? And how quick will 4.4 volts burn up my coil?
At the bottom of the tank, next to where it screws in to the battery, there's a ring you can twist. You'll see little "air holes" on it. Vape on each one till you get the one you like best.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My coil says its a 1.8ohm (3.0-5.0v) so would 4.4 volts burn my coil up quick, considering that it's rated for a maximum of 5 volts
Some of that depends on your juice too, not just the voltage. Most eGo batts are preset at 3.8-3.9 (the non-variables). I always preferred somewhere around the 4v area or 4.1, didn't burn my coils up very quickly.

Greg Adams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see the air holes but on my tank the "ring" that you speak of and the bottom of the tank are all one piece

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then I stand corrected! Doesn't look like you can adjust at all.....:(.....I imagine that's a pretty tight draw.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh ok! So no, you can't adjust the airflow.

In terms of the coils, a lot weighs into them burning out. Citrus and sweet juices can burn em out faster. The coil cost should still be cheaper than the amount of chew you used to do though..

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just sent you a p.m....

I just started vaping about a week ago. I have a spinner 3 mod with aan aspire tank and I have the jolly rancher 6 nic juice. My problem is I don't feel like I'm getting enough nicotine I'm trying to take up vaping to quit dipping. I was going through a can of snuff a day. So my question is should I go with a higher nic juice?

Yes, yes a hundred times yes.

I went through something similar, I dipped Cope pouches and just never took them out. So I was getting nic almost all the time I was awake.

After you get used to the new delivery system, start cutting back from 24mg. Took me 3 months and I'm down to 3mg. When I'm drinking I still crave a bit more, so I've got and atty loaded up with higher proof stuff.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in it for me. This is about 80.00. Segeli 100Watt with a 12.00 F.T. Atomizer. You can blow Fog Banks with it. I started with an EGO Pen battery. C4 Clearomizer. IMG_0140.JPG

VU Sponsors