1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Navy suspension of E-Cigs on ships

Discussion in 'Vaping Veterans Military Only!' started by JORMUNGANDR, Jul 3, 2017.

1. JORMUNGANDR

JORMUNGANDR New Member

Blog Posts:
    This shit is getting annoying. The navy based all of their survey data on an old statistic before the FDA regulates another of the mods. Plus people can't read the instructions and warnings about proper/improper use.

Stationed on Theodore Roosevelt, San Diego.

2. Sonar505

Sonar505 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    If I was still in I think I would be a lot more than annoyed. So how hard are they cracking down? Being as you are on a carrier. I would think there are a lot of places to stealth vape unless they are conducting massive searches for contraband vaping supplies?

3. JORMUNGANDR

JORMUNGANDR New Member

Blog Posts:
    They check bags at the gate but not extensively.
    I vape in the signalshack behind the bridge some im good there lmao but at sea it's a whole new ballpark which makes it harder. If anyone possess a vape and is caught they go to mast.

4. Sonar505

Sonar505 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Damn that's very messed up. It was going out to sea which turned me into a full time smoker back in the day. Are they also cracking down on the smokers? Back Then all the chiefs had 2 things glued to their hands a cig and a cup of coffee. So I am real glad no more Haze grey and underway for SoCal ops or west pac's for me. Hope you never get caught.

5. JORMUNGANDR

JORMUNGANDR New Member

Blog Posts:
    Nope in fact a lot of quitting smokers that vape went right back to full smoking. Lol same. I'm only on this ship for a deployment then it's shore for me!

6. arngmech11

arngmech11 New Member

Blog Posts:
    What does it mean to go to mast?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

7. Craig Mad Bricky

Craig Mad Bricky Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I resembled that remark, and fondly remember "coke n smoke" in boot camp SanDiego!

8. joeyboy

joeyboy Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I believe I would make a breath spray and take that

Craig Mad Bricky likes this.
  9. Craig Mad Bricky

Blog Posts:
    Its called "Captains Mast" and it's also known as NJP 'non judicial punishment for minor infractions of the Uniformed laws like missing apointed place and time of duty, being late for watches and pissing off the officers aka "zeroes" resulting in a pleasant encounter with the Captain or his designated person. I got handed a article 91 in A school for not doing volunteer study time after a few days of sick call.
    I was head of the class and I pissed off the wrong E6 that was a peice of work.

hellcatrydr likes this.
  10. arngmech11

arngmech11 New Member

Blog Posts:
    So basically it's like the article 15 for the army then. That's some serious bullshit

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

11. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    You can get nonjudicial punishment without an Article 15, i.e.: LOR and LOA.

12. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It means bend over and grab your ankles that fucker with the full bird is going in DRY!

13. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

full disclosure: I'm not in the Navy. :)

Craig Mad Bricky and arngmech11 like this.
  14. arngmech11

arngmech11 New Member

Blog Posts:
    sounds like something you really try to avoid

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

15. Craig Mad Bricky

Blog Posts:
    You can try! Being very good at your job helps to keep your ass out of the fire. I was a Fire Control Technician and my Phalanx CIWS was up time over 90% so I was a golden boy with my duty section while haze gray and underway. It's a whole different world for a squid on shore duty or training command like Great Lakes. All kinds of oppertunity for trouble from the loosers in charge on that assignment. It was not the real Navy as we liked to say.

16. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    My son is in the Navy. I'm retired Air Force. After listening to him talk about different things, along these lines, I could never do Navy.

17. arngmech11

arngmech11 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I wish I would have went navy

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

18. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I'm ex Air Force and Army. Navy has always been my favorite color.

joeyboy likes this.
  19. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Now's not the time to sneak a vape someplace and get caught considering the ban is so new and fresh in the news and stuff. Imagine the higher ups who are covering their ass, rather than let it blow up in the media as reports of 'yet another sailor injured because of vaping'. So they go strict with the vaping suspension. Now stop and think after the Navy's imposed this, another vaper hurts themselves vaping. It would make them look like clown shoes so instead they'd be all too happy to cornhole the shit out of someone and make them an example. Especially after the shitshow with the Fitzgerald, they've had enough press for awhile. Definitely a far cry from the days when cigs were passed out as part of the c-rations lol.

20. Misfit47

Misfit47 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Things are safer these days. Don't count on them changing their minds anytime soon either. Air Force treats us the same as smokers.

21. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am no longer in service (it's been about 40 years), but I am a disabled vet, and I spend a lot of time at the VA Hospital. The VA treats vapes like burning tobacco. This is pretty annoying. I was a smoker for 50 years, but since I quit smoking, I can't stand to be around the things. They make my eyes burn and water, burn my nostrils, and give me a scratchy throat. How did I DO that for 50 years?!? Anyway, at the VA, to vape, you have to go to a smoking area, where I get to enjoy all of the aforementioned symptoms. I tried vaping in a non-approved area, outside and still way away from anyone else, and was threatened with arrest. There is no proven hazard to "second hand vape", and I am told there isn't even an odor (sense of smell is one of the things Uncle took from me). My (VA) doctor has even told me I probably saved my life when I threw over cigarettes for vaping. Just what gives? Where has sanity gone in this world?

22. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    Go to your car and tell them to shove it.

Dave_H likes this.
  23. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, I do that when my car isn't a mile away. Our hospital is so big and so crowded, I can seldom find handicapped parking, and wind up riding a golf cart in from the parking lot. :xD:

24. Woody213

Woody213 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I cant believe they are actually going through with this. The new regs and crap are outta hand, even from when I got out in '09. My wifes in and I could never do it now. It seems like they send you to mast for anything. Last time I picked up cigarettes for my wife on base they told me that they were going to quit selling cigarettes in the NEX. The best part of being a civilian now is that I do all the shit I know Im not supposed to. DOD cops dont care about dumb shit and I can tell everyone else to suck a fat dick.

25. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    I think the Federal government is now worse than Torquemada's Inquisition... If you derive any kind of pleasure, it MUST be bad... Whatever happed to the concept of Liberty, you know, the right to choose your own handbasket?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 7:57 PM