Become a Patron!

My Volts and Amps are reading 0, mod isn't firing.

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys and gals, recently my Smok G320 stopped firing. I charged up my batteries a day or two ago and now when I go to hit my mod nothing happens. My volts and amps are reading 0 when I hit it and it acts as if the batteries just aren't working. Are my batteries messed up? I got two samsung batteries from my local vape shop but I am using a cheap charger from ebay.. what is the issue?
Thanks for your time, and hopefully I can get an answer!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thinking you may have a bad/fried coil.

Try swapping it out for a new one and see what happens.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd point the finger at the Mod, either connection issues or most likely the Mod's went tit's up. Which quite frankly it being a Smok product I'd bet that the Mod is toast.

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
I'd point the finger at the Mod, either connection issues or most likely the Mod's went tit's up. Which quite frankly it being a Smok product I'd bet that the Mod is toast.
You don't think it is a battery issue? Man that really sucks if my first mod doesn't even work.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To test the batteries pop them in the Charger, if it's showing full charge they should be good to go.

I don't have a Smok product but from the feedback on forums and Reddit there's issues with them. If I was looking for a regulated Mod I'd avoid Smok.

My two bits for what it's worth.

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
To test the batteries pop them in the Charger, if it's showing full charge they should be good to go.

I don't have a Smok product but from the feedback on forums and Reddit there's issues with them. If I was looking for a regulated Mod I'd avoid Smok.

My two bits for what it's worth.
Okay so my screen shows that both batteries are charged about halfway. They should be working no matter what right? I just don't have the money to buy a new mod being in college and all.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't think it is a battery issue? Man that really sucks if my first mod doesn't even work.
I'm willing to bet its the mod. Google "smok problems" and you there are a lot of issues with the newer stuff. Take it to your shop and ask them to look at it. Maybe they can try a different set of batteries in it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it reading the coils ohms? If it is and it still won't fire, then it could be you're trying to pull too much voltage. Battery levels on mods can be deceiving. Charge your batteries and try again.

If it's not reading your ohms then my guess is the 510 on the mod is messed up and shorting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
Is it reading the coils ohms? If it is and it still won't fire, then it could be you're trying to pull too much voltage. Battery levels on mods can be deceiving.

If it's not reading your ohms then my guess is the 510 on the mod is messed up and shorting.

Yes it is reading the ohms. It even keeps track of the puffs and how long it was. Even though nothing is happening.

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
Yeah charge your batteries. You said it's been a few days.

I meant it has been a few days since it hasn't worked. My batteries appear to be half full according to my mod. You suggest I should just let them fully charge and then try again?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I meant it has been a few days since it hasn't worked. My batteries appear to be half full according to my mod. You suggest I should just let them fully charge and then try again?
That's the first thing I'd do, if they really are half full. What ohms and watts you running?

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
That's the first thing I'd do, if they really are half full. What ohms and watts you running?

Well before I changed my coil I was running 50 watts on whatever coil came pre-installed with the G320. (sorry Im not the most knowledgeable about ohms and such.)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Short and sweet version, if the batteries are fully charged and it won't fire on two different coils, take it back to where you bought it.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does that mod work with two batteries? You said two, but it's a 3 battery mod. Im 99% sure it wknt even power up if those batteries arent ib the right spots.....but maybe move to different configuration?

Also....do what others said. Charge in external charger. Don't trust the screen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kenzieelliott11

Member For 1 Year
How does that mod work with two batteries? You said two, but it's a 3 battery mod. Im 99% sure it wknt even power up if those batteries arent ib the right spots.....but maybe move to different configuration?

Also....do what others said. Charge in external charger. Don't trust the screen.

Yeah, it works with two or three batteries. I used it for a week and it worked like a champ. i changed nothing and now it doesn't work. Fully charged them externally and tried again, no luck.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I just did some checking....looks like it works on two but won't even power on if placed in wrong two spots.... looks like a case of smok itis

VU Sponsors