Become a Patron!

My vape is too hot for my kanger subtank nano

Hi,

My vape is too hot for my kanger subtank nano. I have an istick 30w and a resistance of 0.5 ohm.
I tried to lower the W down and up change the resistance but it didn't work.
I am sussing a liquid of 12 mg witch is medium. On my older Aspire K1 it was really ok the liquid. But ont this one it's really hot.
What seams to be the problem ?

Thanks

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Changing the wattage won't change the resistance, just the power applied to the resistance. It should still be cooler and produce less vapor as you turn the power down. Two things that will affect the vape temperature are airflow - the more air the cooler - and the juice itself. A higher VG content liquid will tend to vape cooler than a thinner, higher PG content juice. 12mg is a bit high for a subtank. They tend to deliver nic more efficiently. The nic content won't affect the temperature so much as the throat hit. I don't know the particular juice you are using but you may want to try a high VG content juice to see if you are more comfortable with the results. You might want to consider 6mg for use in the subtank as well. The Kanger also came with a 1.2 ohm coil I believe. You could try using the 1.2 ohm coil with the juice you have.

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What watts are you vaping the .5 at?

When I use my Subtank mini at .5 I vape at about 20W. If you use the 1.2 coil then try it at about 12W.

I am not a fan of the warm vape either and these general settings work pretty good for me..

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like I suspected. The nicotine was too high. I bought a 0.6/ml and now it's ok at 20w .5 ohm
thanks for advice.
Strange that the nic would affect the temperature, but the throat hit is definitely going to be more. With the new-generation clearos like the Subtank you're going to go through a lot more juice than with older styles, so most people cut their nicotine-per-ml in order to keep the total consumption near constant.

Strange that the nic would affect the temperature, but the throat hit is definitely going to be more. With the new-generation clearos like the Subtank you're going to go through a lot more juice than with older styles, so most people cut their nicotine-per-ml in order to keep the total consumption near constant.

I think because of the throat hit i begun to feel it hot..
The .5 burns huge amount of juice and it's hard to vape.. so I changed the nicotine level.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think because of the throat hit i begun to feel it hot..
The .5 burns huge amount of juice and it's hard to vape.. so I changed the nicotine level.
That works - I also cut my nic in half compared to what I used in my old Protanks.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just set your device to the lowest setting and work your way up until you find the best level of heat for you.

VU Sponsors