Become a Patron!

My Vamo V2

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy to have recieved my vamo 2 from vapor beast.

Came in a plain white box so this confirms a clone no doubt...no instructions at all.
I installed my freshly charged authentic sony vtc5 and powered it up...Figured out how to switch it to mode 2 for rms power and installed my taifun gt on it.

Set the wattage to 10.5w and fired it off...Much to my surprise it fired it pretty nicely and felt about the same as it does on my mvp 20w.

The lcd screen seems ok..the buttons rattle a little bit but they work fine so far...The threading isnt the best but no hang ups or difficulties installing any of the sections with it.

I guess for now just use it and see how it holds up...For $16 shipped im not complaining at all so far with its performance...If this is a fasttech model ,i have more confidence in the clone board ill be picking up soon to make a little project box mod.
20150223_170817.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad to hear you are enjoying your V2.

The threading has never been what I would call "Awesome" and can tend to be soft.

I would suggest permanently installing a short 510/eGo adapter on it as a precaution to save the threads and prolong the life of the device.

N

Newheart301

Got tracking today, my V2's at the Knoxville PO, just 100 miles away, should be here in 2 or 3 days. At that price I didn't figure it would be a KSD Vamo. I've got 2 or there's a V5 and V6, both have been great.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got tracking today, my V2's at the Knoxville PO, just 100 miles away, should be here in 2 or 3 days. At that price I didn't figure it would be a KSD Vamo. I've got 2 or there's a V5 and V6, both have been great.

You can get a v8 or v10 now i think from fasttech...lol

N

Newheart301

No thanks, I've yet to hear anything good about any Vamo's over 20w. Seems that there's a lot of "too hot" problems.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
UncleRJ...i just wanted one mainly to see how the pcb performed..i dont plan but to use it for maybe a month or two and see how the board holds up...The length is really not something i care for and the board may end up in a much smaller box mod with a good 510 if it survives.

the 510 does seem a bit cheesy like most cheap ego batteries have..lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No thanks, I've yet to hear anything good about any Vamo's over 20w. Seems that there's a lot of "too hot" problems.

yea..same here...fasttech has some good info regarding alot of clone stuff...lol

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy to have recieved my vamo 2 from vapor beast.

Came i a plain white box so this confirms a clone no doubt...no instructions at all.
I installed my freshly charged authentic sony vtc5 and powered it up...Figured out how to switch it to mode 2 for rms power and installed my taifun gt on it.

Set the wattage to 10.5w and fired it off...Much to my surprise it fired it pretty nicely and felt about the same as it does on my mvp 20w.

The lcd screen seems ok..the buttons rattle a little bit but they work fine so far...The threading isnt the best but no hang ups or difficulties installing any of the sections with it.

I guess for now just use it and see how it holds up...For $16 shipped im not complaining at all so far with its performance...If this is a fasttech model ,i have more confidence in the clone board ill be picking up soon to make a little project box mod.
View attachment 15269
That's a good price...A Vamo V2 was my first real VV/VW mod....took a beating and it still works...I also have a V5 and it still gets used now and then...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a good price...A Vamo V2 was my first real VV/VW mod....took a beating and it still works...I also have a V5 and it still gets used now and then...

Good price for sure...was cheaper than fasttech and got it in a week.

I like it so far..firing both the kayfun and taifun pretty nicely at 10.5w...all my protanks 2's and evod fires on it as well...no connection issues as of yet.

Cant wait to make a smaller box mod from one of these chips soon.

VU Sponsors