Become a Patron!

My Review of the Espion Kit by Joyetech!

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Joyetech for the purpose of this review.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/qxvSC

When I got the Espion Kit by Joyetech, I kind of had a deja vu moment, and I was a little bit shocked. It looks like a Cuboid, but it feels and looks different. The deja vu feeling was even more intense when I entered the menu of the mod, it's almost the same as in the Wismec Ravage230, and the iStick Kiya, of course with other colors. The Kit comes with the Espion Box Mod, a dual 18650 mod, and the ProCore X atomizer.

Specs and Features:

Espion Mod:

• Width: 28mm

• Height: 113mm

• Length: 43mm

• 1.45-inch Color Screen

• Screen Resolution: 240x320

• Output Wattage: 0-200W

• Modes: Power/TC (Ni, SS, Ti)/TCR

• Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm in TC Mode; 0.1-3.5ohm in VW Mode

• TC Range: 100-315 Celsius; 200-600 Fahrenheit

• 2A charging
ProCore X Atomizer:

• Top Fill

• 2ml (can be extended to 4.5ml)

• Diameter: 25mm
Kit Content:

• Espion Box Mod

• ProCore X Atomizer

• Pro C1 coil head (0.4ohm)

• Pro C1-S coil head (0.25ohm)

• Spare glass tube

• Extending chimney part

• Spare O-Rings

• USB Cable

• Manuals/Warranty Cards
Aesthetics:

The Espion Kit by Joyetech looks like a newer, better version of the original Cuboid, with an added Function button, a color screen, and with some new design features. The Espion box mod can fit atomizers of up to 28mm diameter without any overhang, and paired with the ProCore X atomizer, the kit really looks good. I do not like the looks of the mod, I really don't but most of my friends love the way it looks, so Aesthetics is extremely subjective. The mod has some vertical stripes on it, that should copy the lines on a classic business suit, and the fire button is big, but you can press it only on the upper part, it features the Joyetech logo on it. As seen on the Ravage230 box mod by Wismec the Espion mod also features a Fn (function button), except they work differently. On the Ravahe230 the Fn button usually was used to get out of the menu, while on the Espion it's used to select something in the menu and you use the fire button in order to exit. The ProCore X is the latest atomizer from the ProCore series, and it performs and looks well enough.

Build Quality:

The Espion Kit is not so lightweight, it looks and feels solid, and the mod I must say is very well built. It hit the ground several times, nothing happened still works like a champ. It's a good daily driver, and I hope this one will be a good, durable mod. It fits atomizers up to 28mm without any overhang, and I tried several atomizers on it, it reads the resistances correctly, and it fires as it should, without power surges or anything like that. The Preheat works fine, but the TC is mediocre. The ProCore X features a slide and open top fill, and the included coil heads perform fine. The threads are good, and nothing really special here.

Mod and Atomizer Performance:

The Espion box mod performs well, it's solid, it looks good for some people and not so good for other people, but it does its job. I feel like it's a work-horse, it does what it should do and is not complaining. I got no problems with it. It houses 2 18650 batteries, and all my atomizers sit flush on it, without any gap. The Menu is very similar to the one on the Ravage230 or iStick Kiya, with a difference that you can switch the main colors. It features a clock, and the screen is pretty nice and easy to read/use. The buttons do not rattle, and the battery door has a slide and push up design, also without any rattles. The ProCore X atomizer is average, the flavor is 7/10 max on both provided coils, and the cloud production is pretty good.

Pros:

• Big Screen

• 28mm atomizers without overhang

• Big Fire Button

• 2A charging

• Pretty good 510

• Top Fill
Cons:

• Mod Aesthetics (subjective)

• Fire Button can only be pressed on the upper part.
Verdict:

I like the way this mod feels, I like that's it's solid, and I like that it's not so big compared to other mods. It's good to know you can fit 28mm atomizers there without any overhang. The ProCore X atomizer is ok, mediocre, maybe a little above average, but there are other better tanks out there. The mod captured my attention, the atomizer did not.

Note: Please do not forget, sometimes QC may f*ck up and some devices may have some faults from the factory. The sample I received did not have any faults, and the only cons I found are listed above.

Thank you!

VU Sponsors