Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
s20160331_000457_2.jpg
My opinion on these mods, tanks, and coils

Each of these are in my daily rotation.
As odd as this may sound, I currently have the same juice in each tank, max vg with 2.3 nic.
However, each setup provides something totally different.

From left to right;

RX200 black/red with Sense Baijiada Mermaid Plus rose gold using the .6 coil set at 55 watts.
Recommended wattage 35-100
The RX200 is indeed a great mod.
Ignore me stating anything about longer run time due to the 3 battery setup because that'd just get 50 people stating it isn't true and 90 reasons why run time would be the same on 2 battery or 3.
That isn't something I want to get into.
(although for me, they last longer than any of my other mods....shhhh)
But, the mod it's self is indeed one of the greats.
Like most of my others, it does all I need it to.
Even though none of these have it posted, I do run TC but not on a normal basis.
I've tried each of my tanks that has the optional TC coil to see how I felt about them.
Since I am after flavor, I haven't found any of MY tanks in TC mode producing any more flavor.
So I stick to power mode.
The Sense Baijiada Mermaid Plus produces good vapor and flavor.
Just not as much as the Vaporesso.
The .6 coil seems to have a bit of a different taste to it for me.
Can't really explain it.
It isn't bad, just different.

RX200 black with SMOK TFV4 black using .15 TF-Q4 set at 75 watts.
Recommended wattage 40-140
The RX200, same as above.
The SMOK TFV4 is an amazing tank with more coil options than anything else on the market.
At least that I am aware of.
I prefer the quad coil.
The flavor and vapor production is amazing.
The down side for me however is the coil life.
Since 30% of my juice is flavor and it's extremely sweet, coils normally don't make it an entire week.
I keep logs of every time I change coils, swap tanks to different mods, and everything else.
This helps me remember what I thought of each setup.
Since the TFV4 with the quad coil is so power hungry, it works best on the RX200.
With it being the easiest to fill, holding as much juice as it does, and producing such great flavor,
if the coils would last long it'd probably be my #2 tank.
(only because the flavor is so damn good on the Vaporesso with that .9 cCell coil)

Cuboid black with Sense Herakles PLUS black using .4 coil set at 65 watts.
Recommended wattage 35-100
The Cuboid is indeed a nice mod with a great feel.
However due to its weight, I'm not liking it as much as my iStick TC100's
Don't misunderstand, it does all I need and then some.
I do like the puff and time counter.
Not a requirement, but nice to have.
The Sense Herakles PLUS is a great tank.
Great flavor and top fill.
Not as clean of a top fill as the Crown but since it produces better flavor than the Crown it has more value. (TO ME)
Every tank I have produces more vapor than my wife cares to see fill the living room.
But flavor is what I enjoy more so that is where most of my attention is focused.
This does indeed produce plenty.

Eleaf iStick TC100 white with Vaporesso Target white using .9 cCell coil set at 35 watts.
Recommended wattage 20-35
iStick TC100 is probably my favorite mod.
It not only provides me with all I need from a mod but is extremely comfortable to hold.
Light weight, comfortable, and does what I need....what more could be asked for.
The Vaporesso Target just became my favorite tank hands down.
I base this strictly on flavor production.
After trying many tanks and coils, this tank with the .9 cCell coil is currently producing more flavor than anything I have.
I'd like if I didn't have to fill as often but for someone who goes through 500ml every 22 days, I'm used to it.
I can't say enough about how great the flavor is in this tank/coil setup.
I tested this coil in the Herakles and as expected it was exactly the same.
Love it.

Eleaf iStick TC100 black with Sense Herakles black using .5 gClapton coil set at 33 watts.
Recommended wattage 25-45
iStick TC100 - same as above.
The Sense Herakles was my favorite tank (using the .6 coil)
That is until I tried the Vaporesso Target using .9 cCell coil.
If Sense would have created a top fill with 5 or 6 ml option for this tank, I would have purchased 10 and never tried any others.
(good thing they didn't)
However, in this case I currently have the .5 gClapton coil on it and the coil is a waste of money. (TO ME)
The original .6 coil produces tons more flavor and cost less.
Only went through 2 tanks so far so I can't speak of coil life yet.
Odds of getting as much as they say, slim.
I'll never know though because I'll be putting the .6 coil back in at next tank fill.
This 4 pack of gClaptons will find a new home.

Eleaf iStick 100 black with Uwell Crown black using .5 coil set at 53 watts.
Recommended wattage 30-80
The regular iStick 100 is very comfortable in the hand.
If you aren't looking for TC, this would make a good choice for anyone.
The Crown, my third favorite tank.
Many seem to put it highest, just not me.

IPV3 Li black with Wotofo Stentorian Steam Engine stainless using .7 coil set at 60.
Recommended wattage 30-50
Yes, I know, I am above the manufacture recommended wattage.
But that is where I found the best flavor for my particular mix at.
I've liked the IPV3 Li since the day I got it and continue to use it daily.
It does all I need it to do and I have no complaints other than the hard corners.
The 90° corners aren't quite as comfortable as any of my other mods.
The Steam Engine has been amazing.
Awesome flavor and vapor production.
Didn't care for the drip tip due to how wide the top band is on it so I put the Crown tip on it.
The more I type about the Steam Engine, the more I want to go pick it up and vape it.

Tried the HorizonTech Krixus with the RCC 60-120W coil it came with.
I wasn't impressed in any way.
Since I only went through 3 tank fills I haven't needed to change the coil or wicking.
Not entirely certain I'd care for the wicking changes but only got the tank to check flavor production.
In my opinion, it failed.

Tried the Cubis.
The .5 coil was the only one that would be a possibility for me because I choose DL.
But the tank just wasn't for me.
Gave it to my wife and she dropped her Subtank Nano immediately.
She uses the 1.5 coil, uses about 1 fill per day, and the coil lasts her 5 to 6 weeks.
My daughter dropped her Subtank mini for the cubis.
She uses the 1.0 coil and occasionally the .5
Her usage is about 1.5 - 2 tanks per day and she finds a way to break, destroy, or ruin every coil in every tank she has ever used.
I've seen coils last her anywhere from 1 day to 8 days but never longer.
This is for about 9 different tanks.
No idea how she has the ability to not get coil life from anything but she's become a pro at it.
Even the Kangertech T2 tops from back in the day.

Out of all these tanks, the only one I can say I just don't like, is the Krixus.
However, that may just be the coil.
Maybe I'll find a coil I like it in.
I haven't tested to see if anything else fits/works.

As for the mods, they're all great mods and I'd buy each one all over again if I lost, broke, or someone stole one.

Should have posted a better pic with brighter back ground, I'll save it for next time.

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should mention that the Vaporesso Target did arrive broken.
Where the chimney connects to the top, it appears it SHOULD have been press fitted.
Not this one.
Working on getting it replaced but in the mean time as long as I am careful with it, it doesn't leak.
But the flavor is just so damn good I can't put it down.
Definitely wouldn't want to put it in a pocket or anything like that because the only thing holding it together is the bottom orange O-ring.
20160330_202915_2.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those that haven't tried the Vaporesso Target I'll also add the airflow is a LOT less than any of the others listed.
But I knew that before purchasing just by the coil design and resistance.
After about the 4th hit, the flavor was so good I totally forgot all about the restricted air flow.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Excellent write up, very informative and well thought out. Thank you for doing this. I have all of these mods and tanks and agree completely with your conclusions. I love the li3 so much I grabbed another! I got the gemini last week and am gonna wash it and load it up today to see how the new ccell coil compares to the .9. Also I should say the cov defiant with its ceramic coil is quite nice for flavor and ease of use; very open draw, worth checking out! :)

VU Sponsors