my notes on FlavourArt Spearmint

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @HeadInClouds. I've been trying to get my dad to vape for a while now. He's had some success, but I can't seem to find a flavor that he can stick with. He's tried a few spearmint flavors, and those are his favorite, but not quite good enough to keep him on the wagon. He LOVES spearmint lifesavers. Since before I was born he has always had a roll of these on him. Any advise on how to replicate these in a vape?

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great! I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just threw together a 50/50 10 ml tester at 3% (6 mg nic, subtank at 11 watts) and I could barely detect the flavor. Upped the Spearmint to 5% and it was only slightly more noticeable. Upped it again to 8% and it's certainly better, but still not a really big flavor. I would have thought 8% would have blown my head off, but the flavor is really muted. This was a shake and vape, but I've had a local B&M mix me a bottle that was totally "in your face", so I'm assuming that steeping isn't an absolute requirement for something this simple. What am I missing (other than intense flavor ☺)?

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didja shake the flavoring before you measured? Other than that I don't know. 8% should be really strong.
I did give a pretty good shake to both the flavoring and the final mix. It's certainly usable. As a new mixer, I'm just trying not to be too heavy handed. Also as a noob, I thank you for all that you do for this outstanding community. You deserve all of the respect that this group gives you.

VU Sponsors