my notes on FlavourArt Nut Mix

kmpopsicle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Nut Mix: 3%.

This is not quite as potent as Hazelnut, but it's still quite strong. It's a bit sweeter than Hazelnut, especially if you exhale sharply. The slower you exhale, the drier it tastes. Try and you'll see what I mean.

I taste hazelnut (actually, more like filbert, but that's nit-picking) and walnut, and just maybe a tiny hint of pecan. A blend of FA Hazelnut and FA Walnut is similar to Nut Mix. If you really like nut flavors as I do, don't hesitate to just get 'em all.

I like Nut Mix as a single flavor; it reminds me a bit of nutty tobacco - just a vaguely, because this is not a tobacco flavor. This is the nut flavor I'd choose to use with tobaccos.

It's easier to mix with than plain Hazelnut and more interesting than plain Walnut. I use Nut Mix in candy bar recipes with different combinations of butterscotch, caramel, cocoa, chocolate, nougat, a little fresh cream. It's awesome in Torrone, very authentic Italian candy flavor. I love plain Nut Mix with just a dab of Honey (careful - that's a strong flavor) or hint of Maple Syrup to satisfy my sweet tooth. I put tiny amounts in cookie and coffee recipes and Tiramisu. A little added to TFA's Peanut Butter it reminds me of a nut butter from Whole Foods.

If you like nuts, you'll use this often. If you dislike hazelnuts, skip it.
Could I ask what %s you recommend on nut mix, both as a standalone and in a mix such as candy bar? Thanks in advance! Edited to say I just saw the 3% note at the top. Is that standalone or in a mix?

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received this flavor. I am dispointed by the first impression (sniff). To me it feels like rancid nuts with a funky undertone. I will mix it and leave comments.

VU Sponsors