Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Bilberry

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Bilberry: 2% (over 3.5 or 4% this flavoring is not pleasant - keep it low for delicious results)

This is fresh-picked Bilberry flavor - European blueberries. They are more flavorful, a bit "darker" and "wilder" tasting than cultivated American blueberries - and a little more tart. Bilberry is a very popular flavor in Europe, not to common in the U.S. Real blueberries taste bland and watery when compared to bilberries.

This is a flavor that stands out in recipes. It will overpower weak fruit flavors, but it's a perfect one to use with other dark fruits and berries, like Black Cherry, Pomegranate, and Blackcurrant.

Use a very light touch (try 0.5% first) in bakery recipes to add blueberry flavor.

Extra tasty with raspberry (many European candies use the two together). This combination is great with Black Tea.

Try with FA Brandy for liqueur flavor - or with Red Wine in a baked-fruit-dessert recipe.

I hope some of you will comment on other brands' blueberry flavorings versus FA Bilberry. Vapers I know who searched for the best blueberry have told me FA beats the rest. I've never tried the others, so I can't compare (others I've tried have paled by comparison!) - this flavoring matches the real fruit.
I have a great recipe with TFA wild blueberry but it has a hard time standing up when mixed with multiple other flavors. I have been really enjoying FA Meringue lately with the wild blueberry and I am looking forward to trying out that recipe substituting billberry! Will post my findings

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've only tried 2 other blueberries, FA is my favorite. True taste to me and mixes well with other flavors. It is a strong flavor, but that just means I don't have to use as much, win!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC you have to be the poster child of FA flavors. FA should hire you and pay you good money to review all their products. Are you going to do anymore of these type of reviews??

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've always intended to do every one of them, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Any in particular that you want to see right away?
HIC,
I would love to see your thoughts on any of the following FA Flavors
Menthol
Black Currant
Cappuccino
Cardamom
Citrus Mix
Clove
Forrest Fruit
Grapefruit
Mango
Marshmallow
Oba Oba
Pear
Pomegranite
Spearmint
Tiramisu
Whiskey

If You've already given You're excellent analysis on any of these before, I apologize for having overlooked it!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of the ones listed just above, I'm interested in your thought on Pear. I can't taste that one right I don't think. Don't have Cappuccino yet or tried Clove or Oba Oba individually, tho' I have them.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always intended to do every one of them, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Any in particular that you want to see right away?
No nothing in particular at the moment. Being new to DIY and screwing up my first 2 tries badly by not knowing what I was buying, and how to use them I just thought I would take a back seat and learn more and your reviews have really helped me. My plan is to stay with one company for now, FA, (because of your reveiws) until I finally make something that at least tastes half decent. :)

Just to let you know I have every review you have done on FA here at VU on a PDF file for quick reference. It's my new DIY reference bible. I would like to add to that but I know that these days you have your new site to work on, and may not have the time. That's OK with me. I have enough to get me started.

I have a great recipe with TFA wild blueberry but it has a hard time standing up when mixed with multiple other flavors. I have been really enjoying FA Meringue lately with the wild blueberry and I am looking forward to trying out that recipe substituting billberry! Will post my findings[/QUOTpercentage do you use your tfa blueberry at to get this great flavor? I've been using 15 and it just isn't quite there

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No nothing in particular at the moment. Being new to DIY and screwing up my first 2 tries badly by not knowing what I was buying, and how to use them I just thought I would take a back seat and learn more and your reviews have really helped me. My plan is to stay with one company for now, FA, (because of your reveiws) until I finally make something that at least tastes half decent. :)

Just to let you know I have every review you have done on FA here at VU on a PDF file for quick reference. It's my new DIY reference bible. I would like to add to that but I know that these days you have your new site to work on, and may not have the time. That's OK with me. I have enough to get me started.
I can relate, when I first started I wasted a ton of money on supplies some of which were not so good. From my experience Capella has some flavorings that are very good for someone without much experience. Vanilla Custard v1 by capella can be mixed at around 8-10% and is amazing whether you can wait for a steep or not. It is also great if you love custard bc you can just add any one of your favorite FA fruit flavors at around 2-5% and it makes a great fruit custard. Just a suggestion bc I have learned a lot from HIC as well and he has turned me on to many great FA flavors. When I first started I got into a cycle of over flavoring and it must have blown out my tastebuds bc I couldn't taste anything for a while. I took a step back and came back about as month later and have made some great recipes now. Patience is HUGE with DIY. Right now I have an excellent Bluebeerry cheesecake recipe that is amazing but is driving me nuts bc TFA Wild Blueberry is a tough one to get to pop. FA Billberry is an awesome flavor as well but neither seem to have the kick I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment it is always appreciated.

Carl01924

Member For 4 Years
if I was mixing this as a standalone flavour what percentage would you recommend, I have a friend who is vaping high pg cheap stuff and want to open her eyes to good quality juice @HeadInClouds

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can relate, when I first started I wasted a ton of money on supplies some of which were not so good. From my experience Capella has some flavorings that are very good for someone without much experience. Vanilla Custard v1 by capella can be mixed at around 8-10% and is amazing whether you can wait for a steep or not. It is also great if you love custard bc you can just add any one of your favorite FA fruit flavors at around 2-5% and it makes a great fruit custard. Just a suggestion bc I have learned a lot from HIC as well and he has turned me on to many great FA flavors. When I first started I got into a cycle of over flavoring and it must have blown out my tastebuds bc I couldn't taste anything for a while. I took a step back and came back about as month later and have made some great recipes now. Patience is HUGE with DIY. Right now I have an excellent Bluebeerry cheesecake recipe that is amazing but is driving me nuts bc TFA Wild Blueberry is a tough one to get to pop. FA Billberry is an awesome flavor as well but neither seem to have the kick I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment it is always appreciated.
Have you tried .25%-.5% FA Lemon Sicily or LA Tart & Sour around 1 drop per 10ml? I might also try a hint of grapefruit instead, just something more citrusy to pop the blueberry up to the front.

VU Sponsors