Become a Patron!

My Freedom Smokes & Unauthorized Transactions

I made a purchase the other evening through myfreedomsmokes.com and that same night shortly afterward I had 6 unauthorized transactions put on my Pay Pal Mastercard which I had used on their site to make my purchase. I have never before had this happen. It was extremely difficult to get in touch with someone through their company and had to just keep leaving messages in different departments till someone finally called us back. My husband told them what happened but seemed to get nowhere with the person who seemed to only blow him off with excuses attempting to move away any blame their way. He asked to speak to someone in charge but continued to get more excuses on why that person wouldnt speak with him and probably wont get back in touch with him either cause the guys too busy. I thought that whole short lived conversation was in extremely poor taste and showed very poor customer service.
I mean, on top of everything else we happen to be a whole lot busier now too with trying to straiten out this big mess that was caused to our Pay Pal & Bank Account but we still made the time to call and talk to them.

Has any one else had a bad experience with this company or noticed strange charges on their account after purchasing with them?

daddybizzle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I've ordered from MFS several times over the last 4-5 years. Never had any issues with them. Sounds like you need to talk with someone higher up the authority ladder. Owner seems to be a stand up guy from what I can recall from reviews over the years. Thankfully PayPal will/should take care of the issue if all else fails. Hoping for a quick resolution for you.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just received some 28g kanthal from them today....i think my 2nd or 3rd order from them so far...Havent had any problems as of yet...Talk with paypal first to see what was purchased and when.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps a silly question, but were the extra charges actually from MFS?

If not, it could just be that somebody else is trying to use your master card numbers elsewhere.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered five or six times from them without any problems whatsoever. They're one of my two sites that I rely upon, the other being 101Vape, I've ordered hundreds of things on the net and strangely enough the only time my card was compromised was when a large grocery chain got hacked.

I think part of the problem is that they are a lot larger than we imagine. A little while ago they had an exceptional sale on coils. I ordered some and almost immediately realized I should have ordered more. I called them to change the quantities and was told that they were trying to fulfil 3000 orders and that there was little chance of finding my order. The guy suggested that I simply make another order, which I did.

He could have been lying, but I took his statement at face value.

Last edited:

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i used to buy protank heads from them so this was quite a long time ago but never had a bad experience with them. maybe things have changed.

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a virtual credit card for all my online purchases. I always put a $ limit on it, and it has an expiration date in the next month. I get a one off credit card and CVC number, that has no reference back to the credit card I am using. I use it also when making phone orders.

Greg W.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is the possibility that the info was leaked by them but I would also have a sneaky suspicion that there may be a virus/hack in whatever device you used to make the purchase. I would be very careful making any other purchases until you can rule out your computer, smart phone, iPad etc.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My freedom smokes is a huge vendor . If this was a wide spread problem more then 1 or 2 people would be stepping up.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll step up. I posted on another thread a couple days ago about $3000 on my BoA card.
You never know if someone was saving cards and selling them a couple days later or weeks.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had purchased from ecigavenue and vaporbeast between march 9 and 13. My last mfs order was January 4th. I contacted ecigavenue first and spoke with their customer service. I can't remember the rest.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My card got hit a few days after I bought some VG nic in March. All the transactions were flagged and stopped

jesse james

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received an email a couple days ago from mfs saying their system was hacked and some of their customers were finding fraudulent charges. I have made several online purchases from mfs but luckily I use a pre paid credit card for all online purchases. mfs must have sent the same email I got to all their customers, I would think?

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This may be on mfs but you should never use a mobile device to make purchases. In fact having your credit card info saved for iTunes on an apple device is terrible. They are way, way, way more vulnerable than you would even begin to imagine

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I just received an email a couple days ago from mfs saying their system was hacked and some of their customers were finding fraudulent charges. I have made several online purchases from mfs but luckily I use a pre paid credit card for all online purchases. mfs must have sent the same email I got to all their customers, I would think?

That's interesting. I didn't receive any email regarding the hack.

VU Sponsors