Become a Patron!

My first try...oh boy

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the program that figures out all the ratios. I decided to do a 10 ml bottle. Instead of using the syringe for the flavor I dripped the drops from the tiny bottle. The recipe called for 1 ml or 20 drops. Worst tasting juice I ever had. I should have used the syringe...correct?? Maybe I'm just not a chemist. Any advice?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its a process but go through and figure out which single flavors you like and use those as your base flavorings. yes use a syringe. i keep it pretty simple usually no more than 4 flavors in any recipe i do unless i get one from the forum.

im actually vaping just a plain FA strawberry at 3% right now and its delicious, dont need to get crazy all the time

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I got the program that figures out all the ratios. I decided to do a 10 ml bottle. Instead of using the syringe for the flavor I dripped the drops from the tiny bottle. The recipe called for 1 ml or 20 drops. Worst tasting juice I ever had. I should have used the syringe...correct?? Maybe I'm just not a chemist. Any advice?

what was the recipe, and what flavor/flavor company?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The default on those recipe calculators is usually 20 drops per ml. Most of the bottles I use have 33 or higher drops per ml. You were presumably aiming for 10% flavoring, but if you didn't measure your drops first (to be sure you were only getting 20/ml) you might have ended up with a much higher percentage!

I transfer most of my flavorings into little bottles so I know how many drops there are to the ml. Makes it really easy to put together small sample sizes of juice to see if I want to make bigger batches!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
wonders if it was a tiny drop, small drop, a dash or squirt..
this is why, like i said.. when mixing anything it's best to use a syringe..

but hey, some like drops.. i just wont touch a recipe with drops in it..
i know my flavors pretty well.. and the percents i like them at..
it just makes it easy, unless you are mixing by weight..

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I put some of my flavors, nic, PG,VG all in the same size bottles and fill one of my vape tanks with drops, usually for a total of 50 drops, that way each drop is 2% and uniform amount. Watch out for menthol, it is strong, I used to smoke menthol and even I was overwhelmed with 1% menthol in my juice.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i dont think i have patience to count out 50 drops..
much less know there are 50 in the bottle/tank.. o_O:D

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The default on those recipe calculators is usually 20 drops per ml. Most of the bottles I use have 33 or higher drops per ml. You were presumably aiming for 10% flavoring, but if you didn't measure your drops first (to be sure you were only getting 20/ml) you might have ended up with a much higher percentage!

I transfer most of my flavorings into little bottles so I know how many drops there are to the ml. Makes it really easy to put together small sample sizes of juice to see if I want to make bigger batches!
Thank you, that's some good advice. I'll get it sooner or later.

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I put some of my flavors, nic, PG,VG all in the same size bottles and fill one of my vape tanks with drops, usually for a total of 50 drops, that way each drop is 2% and uniform amount. Watch out for menthol, it is strong, I used to smoke menthol and even I was overwhelmed with 1% menthol in my juice.
Thank you. I'm learning.

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Excellent idea.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BunnyT you need a good recipe or good idea. The best chemist in the world would mix junk juice if the recipe was bad. Respectfully you need a few tools of the trade. Go to rts vapes and get a 5ml measuring cylinder and some 25ml and a 50ml measuring beaker. These are not expensive. Use the pipettes to fill the cylinder if necessary. What kind of recipes are you looking for?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was it FW Candy Cane? That's not all that bad. Try it solo 10-12%. Leave out the menthol at first.

VU Sponsors