Become a Patron!

My first RDA, and a dumb question

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a Plume Veil 1.5 clone in the mail today. It's my first RDA.

Should there be a tip on this thing? It didn't come with one, but I am assuming I should get one for it, yes?

Pic attached.

e9310e63e6fea9f56532716ff1527810.jpg

(Sorry if this is in the wromg subforum. I didn't see a place for RDAs)

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
umm yeah seems like every clone i checked has one... where did you get it from?

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ebay. The seller is "vapeomg". It came in a Tobeco box.

The listing didn't show or claim any tip, so I didn't get ripped off or anything.

It seems well made, and I got it for $9, so I'm not going to complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only dumb question is the one not asked...
Pretty sure you should have got the tip with that RDA
The good thing is at least you did not get just the tip ;)

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I didn't get such a good deal then. $9 from fasttech would have gotten the complete package.

Oh well. I ain't gonna sweat a couple bucks. Between quitting the cigs and DIY juice, I'm still saving a buttload of $.

I did a dual coil build on it late last night (it isn't pretty) and ended up with about 0.6 Ohm.

Man, that's a WAY different flavor. I had the same juice in my Lemo and the Plume. They tasted nothing alike.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, and one thing I didn't like, and its probably not supposed to be this way, but the center Tee with positive posts is not fixed in place. It rotated on me when I was trying to pinch the coils and is pretty loose.

I didnt play with the thing before building, so I am not sure if it screws in and just wasn't tight or what...

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah check and see if the center post from the bottom is tight (where it connects to the center pin for the battery) I always like to completely or semi completely break down tanks and such .. give em a good hot water wash with a drop or two of dawn - then rinse and rinse a 2nd time with distilled water b4 use. Any kind of metal like that most likely has machine/manufacturing oils on it - could be causing some flavor issues for ya (also not too healthy)
Then I make sure everything is snug before building/filling. Different tanks and RDA's will usually taste different for the same juice anywayz... part of the joy of DIY & Vaping in general .. the journey to find that sweet spot !!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My friend has a black tobeco plume veil. Worth more than the $10 he gave for it in my opinion. Really nice piece. Probably better quality than some generic fasttech clone. His plume veil and my tobeco tobh both came without a drip tip. Fasttech has a buzillion drip tips for cheap.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I broke it all apart, cleaned it well, tightened the center post, put on a single coil, re-wicked, and temporarily stuck the tip from my lemo on it.

And... Well... crap...

I really didn't want to get all into drippers. Seems like a pain in the ass. I bought this thing so that I could test DIY juice flavors amd make adjustments without having to fill a tank.

But... holy cow!

I took a full lung hit at 40w and set of the goddamn smoke alarm in the hallway 10 feet away.

Not even joking.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and one thing I didn't like, and its probably not supposed to be this way, but the center Tee with positive posts is not fixed in place. It rotated on me when I was trying to pinch the coils and is pretty loose.

I didnt play with the thing before building, so I am not sure if it screws in and just wasn't tight or what...

I've had a half dozen Plume Veil clones, all seem to suffer from post-spinning, as do plenty of other atties.

VU Sponsors