Become a Patron!

My First Drip Tip

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
I spent much of my free time doing wood working, within the last few years I purchased a lathe and spend a lot of time time working on it, building various different things. One of the things I produce on a regular basis are pens made from acrylic:

pen.png

Last week I purchased my first RBA, and had seen a few people make drip tips for them, so I took a few minutes, planned out how I wanted to do it, and this was my first effort:

drip_tip.png

Its a smoke and purple colored acrylic and I'm VERY happy with it!

Let me know what you all think!

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice! Press fitted?

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Nice! Press fitted?

It actually has a single o-ring on it. I tried with a friction fit but it was such a tight tolerance to go between so tight you feel like you are going to break it to get it in, but so loose it's going to fall out.

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Nice job and beautiful! I am a handcrafted drip tip addict and there is a demand for them ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62
As soon as I get a bit better with the process you might just see these up on my website in the future ;)

Thanks for the kind words all!

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty cool Bambua!

I had the same thought somewhere along the line, and have since bought two lathes, a bunch of tools, and a bit of material. I'm about $600 into it and have yet to turn a drip tip... :rolleyes: Paved roads, good intentions, and all that.

I have made a couple of wood pipes though, so I guess that's something :)

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Pretty cool Bambua!

I had the same thought somewhere along the line, and have since bought two lathes, a bunch of tools, and a bit of material. I'm about $600 into it and have yet to turn a drip tip... :rolleyes: Paved roads, good intentions, and all that.

I have made a couple of wood pipes though, so I guess that's something :)
Woodworking is one of the things that keeps me sane, I probably turn 15-20 pens a week for my craft business. This is just something new to try.

mommabird62

Member For 4 Years
As soon as I get a bit better with the process you might just see these up on my website in the future ;)

Thanks for the kind words all!

You will sell them like hotcakes! We women especially love the handmade pretty acrylic drip tips. Men like them too but are not as fanatical about it. LOL Wooden and true stone ones are popular as well. If you decide to make them to sell, have a variety of shapes and sizes. :) I have approximately 35 hand crafted tips that I switch around on different mods. Most are acrylic, some true stone and wood with a variety of shapes including wide bores for dripping. Will not vape on anything other than the handmade ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

VU Sponsors