Become a Patron!

"MY FIRST BUILD".........

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well here it is my first build, well ok, actually I did not make the coils myself, but this is my first RBA, and wanted to post it and ask a question.

First of all my rig:
  • Russian 91% Clone
  • Gunz Blazin 26650 Mechanical Mod
  • Keeppower IMR 26650. 5200 Mah High Drain Batteries, 3.7V, 19.24Wh, 15A Continious 35A Peak
  • Coils: (2) 8-wrap (full) 26g Nichrome + 34g Kanthal Clapton Style coils coming in at little over .8ohm each my reading on the dual coil install is .40 - .43ohm
I have attached some pictures, I have not wicked it yet, will add a few more as I go along, just wanted to get these up.

My question is... How long on average should the coils take to heat up, glowing red, mine take about 3-5 seconds, is this the norm, like I said this is my first, not to be my last..

Ok going to wick it now, see how she does.... image1.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image8.jpeg image9.jpeg image12.jpeg image13.jpeg

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty freakin sweet first build, big congrats.

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks... Here are a few more shots as I wicked it. Unfortunately I had to tear it back down as it really has a serious leaking issue from the bottom air holes, I mean the tank is just draining right out, doing some research now to try to resolve the issue, this is brand new out of the box, all the seals are fine, the intake is inn the bottom side, and the chamber air is on the sides of the ceramic ring you see in the pictures, I just read one article indicating the wicks need to be set into the groves to keep it from filling up in the tank, hopefully that is it.

image1(1).jpeg image2(1).jpeg image3(1).jpeg image5(1).jpeg image7(1).jpeg image8(1).jpeg

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been reading that the Russians should be filled from the bottom fill hole, but what if yours does not have a bottom hole... Mine fills from the top...

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like youve got it down like a pro!

VU Sponsors