Become a Patron!

My dna40 screen fell off

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know how to fix a DNA 40 screen? It fell of the day I got it putting it into my mini Hana:( came off at the screen not off the board.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I think I melted the down switch on the board its just not my day:(

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Contact evolv. for a couple bucks, theyll repair it. Theyre cool people like that.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Contact evolv. for a couple bucks, theyll repair it. Theyre cool people like that.
Will they desolder it? The down button isn't clicky anymore too I hope they can fix this when the RMA comes I just emailed them

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I got the RMA from Evolv and sent it let's hope I get a replacement

SmokinLiberty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It should b covered under a warranty. Especially if it's a genuine product and company you bought it from. If not then my advice. If your DNA is still working just glue the screen back on. I run a computer repair business. I see it everyday. iPads, and tablets, SmartPhones and vapes, it's more or less all the same. The screens are glued in place. I had a touch screen e-mech and the screen started coming off. 2 drops of epoxy and it's just fine now.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if they cant fix it, theyll probably replace it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I burned the down wattage button to I really hope they fix it if I get a new one I'm taking it to a computer repair place have them wire the board I can handle the soldering switches and 510 and battery

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont understand what you mean, dre1982

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If they send a replacement I'm getting a professional to solder the wires to the board.

SmokinLiberty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keep in mind everyone. Sometimes reflowing the board us a good idea. I have seen many devices thought broken just because wires had come loose from the main board. If everything is still 'in tack' for the most part then look into having a pro with a reflow gun redo your board. Another method is 'baking' in the oven. You take everything down to the main board and bake the board in the oven this will slowly melt your connections back into place. Warning don't try any of this unless your a pro and know what your doing. *! So bottom line is make the best decision for your device and take it to the pro, just be sure to give the pro options. Sorry if this is a little confusing, if you understand what I'm talking about then your good if not then take your mod to the local shop and ask for help. Hope this helped someone.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evolv is sending a new board I'm having a pro solder all the wires into the board and I can do the switches and 510 soldering. I just need a board mount that fits the mini cana I don't want to hot glue it in. I even got A fat daddy v4 510

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How much did they charge you?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear, i just broke my screen as well. I was so gentle. Building precautions next time.
Ive have my replacement board for two days I'm So scared to put it in my mini Hana for the 2nd time. Trying to plan it out better.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if they cant fix it, theyll probably replace it.
Its usually cheaper for the board manufacturer to replace the board and bin the bad one. Repairing, testing, repackaging and mailing it out usually involve 3 to 4 people. Labor costs make it somewhat prohibitive to fix rather than replace.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a plan, i just need the board. Evolv hasnt gotten back to me yet

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I managed to solder the wires successfully today. Next is to drill and tap the fat daddy 510 and install the board. I'm taking my time so not to eff up again!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Done!!
9e189d4ed877ed66bd79c80f5205bcef.jpg
e452f14c9b0b5d0ee36975471ba7bf6e.jpg

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YAY NOT BROKEN! Ill post some pictures of mine when i complete it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well finishing the soldering gave me metal fume fever! I feel so damn shitty. This is what I get for getting in close making sure I don't mess up. Being a soldering noobie. Its 1:28am and i can't sleep :(

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What was the turnaround time on yours? mine still isnt here and its pissing me off.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sent it in Monday 3 day mail got it back that friday

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also my screen still gets gumbled up in temp mode every now and then but goes back to normal after it goes to sleep

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I shipped mine out 11 days ago. And theyve stopped replying to my emails....

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I emailed them about my screen jumble buy no response yet the chip works great except that once every few hours

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i wouldnt be so pissed off about the lack of emails if the chip was here, or if they said there would be a delay because of thanksgiving or something.

I guess this is the 6th working day after they received it.....still....and email would have been great since he said it should have been going out the day before thanksgiving.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They answered me finally I'm on the fence about sending it again since it's installed into the mod the screen jumble isn't bad and goes away. I asked them if we have to take the board out?

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they've replied to me as well, it was the holidays that caused the huge delay. It should be shipping out today (or thats what i was told)

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still no Dna40. Fucking seriously?!?

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well first they said it shipped out before thanksgiving. Then they said it shipped out last monday. Im getting really tired of this.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just sent them a other jumbled screen chip Friday let's see how it works out.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just sent them a other jumbled screen chip Friday let's see how it works out.
They prolly know they are having issues with the screens and thats the reason for the delays.. Would be nice to just say so, however.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They prolly know they are having issues with the screens and thats the reason for the delays.. Would be nice to just say so, however.
If it going to take you longer. Then say that. Dont tell me its going to ship if its not.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@tnumbers have your received your board yet? Is it functioning normal? I'm still waiting on mine to ship.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i got mine, but its acting up really badly. It fired a nickel coil in normal mode without asking me if its a new coil, and then the screen freaked out. Now the screen occasionally stop displaying properly and gets really "pixelated". I dont know whats wrong with this things but i emailed them about it. I really dont want to have to send it back again for another 3 weeks. They didnt even repair the screen, they sent me a brand new one. It took them 3 1/2 weeks to send me a new board.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i got mine, but its acting up really badly. It fired a nickel coil in normal mode without asking me if its a new coil, and then the screen freaked out. Now the screen occasionally stop displaying properly and gets really "pixelated". I dont know whats wrong with this things but i emailed them about it. I really dont want to have to send it back again for another 3 weeks. They didnt even repair the screen, they sent me a brand new one. It took them 3 1/2 weeks to send me a new board.
That's exactly what they did to me last time if it happens again I give up lol this is going on my third board.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd want my money back if its messed up again

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I got my new board its the v4 I can confirm it can display temp in °c @tnumbers does yours have Celsius also?

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one im currently using runs in F. but im getting a new one in the mail in about 3 - 4 hours. Ill be testing that one thoroughly before it goes into a mod. ill let you know.

The one i have now runs fine with kanthal. only messes up on temp protected.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just wired a battery to see if I got the new °c version which I did. I hope this screen issue is solved finally I'm not installing g till Monday when my new enclosure comes in

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im kind of hoping that a vapor flask enclosure gets released. Im unwilling to pay $300 for one. But ill drop the $30 on the box and put a chip in it.

Your new profile pic threw me off pretty hard, btw.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I changed my avatar I thought it was funny. Fast tech has the new v2 flask in was thinking about getting it but I'll wait and see if just the enclosure is released. If this board Is messed up I'm giving up.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i need to get someone to make me a profile picture.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my new chip is not in C it is still in F. But it doesnt have the screen issues.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
U can change it into c by going Into changing temp mode then scrolling down passed 200

VU Sponsors