VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape at work all the time.. discreetly, but I still do it.. It's not really allowed per say.. but no one cares since I'm not blowing huge clouds all over the office and plus I make the office smell like delicious vanilla custard so I feel like I'm doing a great service in that regard...

Yesterday I was working away at my computer with my mod in my hand...My boss leans over to me and says:

"So I heard those things are poisonous - is that true?"

"Nope."

"Really? Are you sure? Because I saw on the news that they are.."

OH OK!!! Thank god you saw that segment and decided to keep me informed! Because theres nothing I enjoy more than inhaling straight POISON.. It just really helps with the stress of every day life.. I used to crush up and sniff rat poison but it just wasn't doing the trick.. so I went to vaping poison and I haven't looked back and I'm healthier than ever!

Holy shit, this grinds my gears... He has said these same vape-related type of comments in the past whenever he sees something on the news.. I usually try and ignore him, but yesterday drove me crazy because he does it just to piss me off.. I'm in the process of getting a promotion and moving to another department so I think he's bitter about it.. but regardless - this misinformation in the media is just ridiculous.. I googled some articles since I usually try and stay away from reading that crap.. and man.. it's way worse than I thought lol.

I'm sure everyone has a couple people in their lives that are just as ignorant about vaping - I'm past the point of even trying to debate with these fucktards.. just going to let them enjoy their blissful, uninformed lives..

Rant over. Enjoy your day VU :)

Last edited:

snails1023

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It drives me crazy , my in-laws are always telling me what they heard on the news about vaping. It makes it seems like either I live under a rock or just plain stupid that I would be vaping.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It gives you pneumonia from the vapor in your lungs & can kill u. I've been much healthier vaping then when I was smoking. I was about a half pack a day smoker, however chain vape a lot. I sometimes cough more, mostly lately. But I think that has way more to do with being outside in the cold half the night and my bodies normal reaction to the winter and all it's lovely illnesses that go around.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just say...the one thing in life that is guaranteed 100% is that we all die. so why not enjoy myself before that happens. now piss off.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It gives you pneumonia from the vapor in your lungs & can kill u. I've been much healthier vaping then when I was smoking. I was about a half pack a day smoker, however chain vape a lot. I sometimes cough more, mostly lately. But I think that has way more to do with being outside in the cold half the night and my bodies normal reaction to the winter and all it's lovely illnesses that go around.

I don't know when you quit but there is a good couple weeks - a month time span where you have various complications from all the chemicals/toxins from ciggs leaving your system.. I know I had serious coughing/phlegm fits for the first couple weeks and then it all went away

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are making me feel pretty fortunate to work where I work, at first my 2 bosses liked to fuck with me about it but let me vape in my office later one asked me to get him one I did he has not smoked in over a year, right before xmas the other boss (both own the company) asked me to get him one then one for the others dad 3 sales reps and now my whole office vapes. LOL the only time I hear anything is when my office looks like its filled with smoke, and its usually something funny

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are making me feel pretty fortunate to work where I work, at first my 2 bosses liked to fuck with me about it but let me vape in my office later one asked me to get him one I did he has not smoked in over a year, right before xmas the other boss (both own the company) asked me to get him one then one for the others dad 3 sales reps and now my whole office vapes. LOL the only time I hear anything is when my office looks like its filled with smoke, and its usually something funny

Yup - count your blessings :) I have converted about 15-20 people here at my company but no one in my actual dept.. luckily no one has actually had a problem with me doing it - they did finally add in the employee handbook that e-cigs CAN be handled the same way smoking is.. but they can't really prove I'm doing it.. someone would have to complain to HR, and then they would have to catch me lol.. and since there are no cameras I'm not too worried in that regard

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
someone complained 2013 but that was when I started using mechs and RDAs so I was fogging up the lab and didn't realize it. now I just vape on smoke breaks.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
someone complained 2013 but that was when I started using mechs and RDAs so I was fogging up the lab and didn't realize it. now I just vape on smoke breaks.

Ugh I would have loved to hear that complaint too.. probably worried about second hand smoke like an idiot..

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they just classified vaping as smoking so it is only allowed in the smoking areas. I don't blame them, I have fogged up my house pretty good at times. sometimes I go outside at home just so I don't fog up the house. I try not to push the limits just so I can say, fuck you It's my life don't judge me. as long as i'm doing it on break and in the smoking area you can kick rocks. I don't need your opinion.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they just classified vaping as smoking so it is only allowed in the smoking areas. I don't blame them, I have fogged up my house pretty good at times. sometimes I go outside at home just so I don't fog up the house. I try not to push the limits just so I can say, fuck you It's my life don't judge me. as long as i'm doing it on break and in the smoking area you can kick rocks. I don't need your opinion.

I hold in my puffs so I don't really blow out anything that way I don't draw any attention to myself.. or i blow it under my desk.. i can totally understand clouding up an office and normal folk having issues.. but I'm pretty much using the equivalent of an inhaler.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do the same if I just have to have a puff. hold it in and or blow it under my desk. i work in electronics, I just say, i blew up a part. lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do the same if I just have to have a puff. hold it in and or blow it under my desk. i work in electronics, I just say, i blew up a part. lol

LOL perfect cover up!

My grandfather always used to give me a hard to while using mine he was so dumfounded by the amount of smoke coming out of my mouth he told my mother an my mom's was doing it to gotta love old people's reactions especially at a retirement home were I got my grandfather into rbas haha its his hobby now

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
The only person close to me who gives me any crap is my mother. Then again, she's one of those people who also re-posts bunk on Facebook without actually reading it.

I can't vape at my parent's house because she freaks out. When they come over to my house, I make it a point to use 100% VG e-liquid and a low ohm build to create an atmosphere of a foggy London evening. I'm an awful child.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only person close to me who gives me any crap is my mother. Then again, she's one of those people who also re-posts bunk on Facebook without actually reading it.

I can't vape at my parent's house because she freaks out. When they come over to my house, I make it a point to use 100% VG e-liquid and a low ohm build to create an atmosphere of a foggy London evening. I'm an awful child.

HAHA oh man.. I would totally do the same thing.. whenever I go over my parents they love to smell all my new juices that I bring over (my dad pretends to drink one every single time because they smell so good to him)

You would think people would just be happy we are no longer smoking.. but NOPE.. never good enough. these are usually the same people who are pounding alcohol every night when they get home.. or poppin adderall on a daily basis..

upstate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape at work all the time.. discreetly, but I still do it.. It's not really allowed per say.. but no one cares since I'm not blowing huge clouds all over the office and plus I make the office smell like delicious vanilla custard so I feel like I'm doing a great service in that regard...

Yesterday I was working away at my computer with my mod in my hand...My boss leans over to me and says:

"So I heard those things are poisonous - is that true?"

"Nope."

"Really? Are you sure? Because I saw on the news that they are.."

OH OK!!! Thank god you saw that segment and decided to keep me informed! Because theres nothing I enjoy more than inhaling straight POISON.. It just really helps with the stress of every day life.. I used to crush up and sniff rat poison but it just wasn't doing the trick.. so I went to vaping poison and I haven't looked back and I'm healthier than ever!

Holy shit, this grinds my gears... He has said these same vape-related type of comments in the past whenever he sees something on the news.. I usually try and ignore him, but yesterday drove me crazy because he does it just to piss me off.. I'm in the process of getting a promotion and moving to another department so I think he's bitter about it.. but regardless - this misinformation in the media is just ridiculous.. I googled some articles since I usually try and stay away from reading that crap.. and man.. it's way worse than I thought lol.

I'm sure everyone has a couple people in their lives that are just as ignorant about vaping - I'm past the point of even trying to debate with these fucktards.. just going to let them enjoy their blissful, uninformed lives..

Rant over. Enjoy your day VU :)
You had me at Vanilla Custard

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe it or not, my Hubby falls into the "its not good for you, and how do you know it won't hurt you, there's been no proof" category, as you can see I don't let the doubters bother me a bit :D

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My brother-in-law gives me all the media/news warnings relentlessly, just the other day he said " it said on the news the other night them things will give you respiratory infections". I told him the ingredients,and he went on to inform me that it was the nicotine that caused the infections,I just laughed. I have completely given up hope on his clueless, ill-informed ass.I have a few at work that spew off the list of shoulda ,woulda, coulda paranoid psycho-babble they hear from God knows where,I just smile and take another toot.Fuck 'em

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Almost everyone i work with smokes. Every once and a while, one will regurgitate the bullshit pseudo science they heard on the news, and ask me If I heard (since im the only vaper). Its either pneumonia, or cancer, or bronchitis, or formalahyde, or NICOTINE, or any unsubstantiated crap theyve been fed.

My comebacks make people pause for a second. "Where was the study conducted?" "What temperatures are we talking about here?" "Was Farsalinos involved?" "What was their control?" "Are these the byproducts of pg....vg.....nicotine....diketones?" "Is this caused by sub ohm vaping?" "How many people were tested?" among many others.

I respond like im truly interested, and want to know their verifiable source (since they never have one)
This makes them realize they know nothing about the topic and they chose to inform an informed person, and it makes them feel really uninformed. I barely get these 'personal safety announcements' anymore, as my coworkers know ill ask something they can not answer..

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only real comments I've gotten from smokers was 1 friend who said it causes pneumonia. The other one had a valid point. You smoke more with that thing cuz you can do it any where. That part I will agree with, however I don't see that as a health concern just kind of a fact. I vape in bed and on the toilet, anywhere in the house, places I would never have smoked.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard the antifreeze, jet fuel, unicorn semen whatever lines from smokers hacking up chunks of lung while smoking... my reply is simple.. I am not sucking on burnt shit and piss, nor burning carpet glue.

Had another that the vapor got stuck in someone's lungs and burst them. This while he was rolling a cig with top tobacco... I laughed in his face and told him what a mental giant he was among men.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, my Hubby falls into the "its not good for you, and how do you know it won't hurt you, there's been no proof" category, as you can see I don't let the doubters bother me a bit :D

I hope you wake him up by blowing a gigantic cloud into his face :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could have said...No not poisonous but they can be dangerous and then proceed to poke his eye out with it;)

I'm at the point in this job where that seems like a reasonable option..

I have heard the antifreeze, jet fuel, unicorn semen whatever lines from smokers hacking up chunks of lung while smoking... my reply is simple.. I am not sucking on burnt shit and piss, nor burning carpet glue.

Had another that the vapor got stuck in someone's lungs and burst them. This while he was rolling a cig with top tobacco... I laughed in his face and told him what a mental giant he was among men.

See.. thats where I'm confused because I heard the health benefits from vaping unicorn semen have been really positive!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to tell people I actually had a cigarette in side my mod and I'm really smoking real cigarette in the straightest face. and when they ask how why what or when, I just walk away from them.

no I just pretend I don't hear them. I'll just change the subject.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i want someone to give me a looooong winded rant on how vaping is bad for you and after they were done I would say, cool story bro.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not an option only for the fact that he might enjoy it too much and add that to my job responsibilities :)
I have a coworker who I know enjoys such things. Ya know mechs make excellent dildos, or in his case a butt plug. Wish I was lying, I really do. Just glad he doesn't use one of those 3 d cell maglites, he prefers flashlights as we all carry them working at night, but I'm sure he'd like a mech just as well. I'm sure old sugar foot as he's called could take a God mod no problem.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your boss may be an idiot, but he's your idiot, so you'll have to live with it.

Even though you like it, other people that don't vape don't, so you shouldn't rub their nose in it, literally.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your boss may be an idiot, but he's your idiot, so you'll have to live with it.

Even though you like it, other people that don't vape don't, so you shouldn't rub their nose in it, literally.

Not for long! I'm hopefully getting a promotion next week and then I'll be gone for good. Funny too - he just offered me a 10k/year pay raise an hour ago to get me to stay on his team.. No thanks..

If you only realized how many times he has said this EXACT 'i heard its poisonous' or 'i heard those give you cancer way quicker than cigarettes' type crap to me over the year I've worked for him..

It's gotten to the point where i've had to say 'yea you've already asked me that 10x's in the past and its still not poison'

It gets frustrating constantly trying to defend yourself - especially when you already have tried to explain it

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think a shut the fuck up is in order.
tell him what you do to your body is not his business and further harassment will be brought up to HR.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think a shut the fuck up is in order.
tell him what you do to your body is not his business and further harassment will be brought up to HR.

LOL i can't really bring it up to HR since its not 'allowed' per say in the building..

Hopefully by next week I will get the offer for the new gig and I can tell him to pound sand..

I continue to vape at my desk - it's just the pure ignorance that drives me crazy.. if people only took half the time to research things before throwing accusations around we would all be in a better place!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL i can't really bring it up to HR since its not 'allowed' per say in the building..

Hopefully by next week I will get the offer for the new gig and I can tell him to pound sand..

I continue to vape at my desk - it's just the pure ignorance that drives me crazy.. if people only took half the time to research things before throwing accusations around we would all be in a better place!
Get the gig and then thank him for his worthless commentary.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get the gig and then thank him for his worthless commentary.

Oh i'm going to spike his coffee with some of my e-juice LOL

(I have to state that I'm obviously kidding because some people take things too seriously on here)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i get hassled all the time at work, even by the smokers, - last time a smoker come up to me and said " u know e-cigs bad for you " i just replied "its not a e-cig, it's a crack pipe" and continued to vape away.. #fucktards -lol

I couldn't press like fast enough on this comment HAHAHA

VU Sponsors