Become a Patron!

MXJO 18650 2800mah 35a high drain batts

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these batts? Are they rewraps? If so what are they? Any real graphs or testing on them?

I purchased four of these 2 for my wife and two for myself and they should be here next week but I don't see a whole lot of info on them so far. They are suppose to be this years new batts.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure what cell they are. No way they're 35A though. Wouldn't buy them unless I was desperate. If the specs are genuine why is the OEM not selling them in non-rewrapped form? Unless they're a Chinese company produced cell, in which case I wouldn't touch them.

If you need them now you should be OK. I would strongly urge you to buy OEM cells though. If you're desperate buy as few.as you can get away with for now.

If you can wait a few weeks then fasttech supply genuine cells. Depends on what you use them for and how many amps you'll be pulling.

LG He2 and HE4 are 20A and 2500mAh. HD2 are 25A and 2000mAh ( great in a mech at 0.2 ohms, my go to), HB6 are 30A but only 1500mAh (awesome for dabbling a little lower but die quickly). They also have plenty of Samsung 25r, 20A 2500mAh. Got a couple in a parallel box and they're doing well so far.

There's absolutely no need to buy anything other than Samsung, LG, Sony ( if you can get them), Panasonic and Sanyo. Rewrappers are liars in it for the short haul and dont care one bit about your safety.

Last edited:

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a pair of MXJO's and they have been fine. I personally prefer the LG HE4's. Just a better price usually. I use the LG's and the MXJO's in dual 18650 mods and have had no issues.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Problem with rewrappers is you just don't know what they are.

You can judge a mod subjectively, same with an Rda or a tank, but you'll never know how safe a battery is until you have problems. Cheap car tyres look and act the same as quality ones until you push them that little bit too far and they break free.

I'd use MXJO if I had to, the 2500mAh. However I'm aware the 35A rating is bull crap. Anyone taking the ratings they print as true could get in major trouble. Fasttech prices are.ridiculously cheap. Not sure how good they are if you're in America, but here you can pay £20 for a pair of efest at a vape shop. I bought four 25r and two HD2 for the same price. At those prices it doesn't make sense not to buy OEM.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Problem with rewrappers is you just don't know what they are.

You can judge a mod subjectively, same with an Rda or a tank, but you'll never know how safe a battery is until you have problems. Cheap car tyres look and act the same as quality ones until you push them that little bit too far and they break free.

I'd use MXJO if I had to, the 2500mAh. However I'm aware the 35A rating is bull crap. Anyone taking the ratings they print as true could get in major trouble. Fasttech prices are.ridiculously cheap. Not sure how good they are if you're in America, but here you can pay £20 for a pair of efest at a vape shop. I bought four 25r and two HD2 for the same price. At those prices it doesn't make sense not to buy OEM.
I figure the 35a is a pulse I am thinking they are probably 20a LG or something. I bought them figuring I will rewrap them and see what they actually are as I have heard many vapers defend these batts as heavy hitters. The 2800 mah is what had me the most curious because if they would have been 2500mah like last years I would just assume LG, but now I am sort of wishing I would have bought the LG HG2 3000mah as I have been happy with the HE2's and the HE4's and wanted a better mah for my low watt vaping wife.

Not hurting for batts but I have been having issues with some of the 25r batts seeming to be dying quicker than normal.

I have a pair of MXJO's and they have been fine. I personally prefer the LG HE4's. Just a better price usually. I use the LG's and the MXJO's in dual 18650 mods and have had no issues.
Are you using the 2500mah MXJO or the new 2800mah? Curious if you ever pulled the wrapper to see the print on the batt.

whitepony1986

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have 4 of the mxjos been using them exclusively since they came out mainly because the sony vct4s i have absolutely suck compared to the mxjos i also have lg he2s which are right on par with the mxjos

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just don't feel safe buying a brand that's known to lie that's all.

Pulse spec is a time and an amperage, without stating a time, a pulse spec makes no sense.

No reason at all to but them when you can get OEM cells with known true specs very easily.

Seen a few side by sides.of efest 2500mAh (He2) and the newer 2800mAh efest and they lost exactly thebsame amount of time if not slightly worse at high loads.

Cells aren't like mods, they can't be judged subjectively. Pretty much qny battery will work and might seem to perform well but that says nothing for safety and how true the specs are. I know LG and Samsung make good products , I also know rewrappers blatantly lie.

Be safe with them, treat them as 20A at best and hopefully all will be well.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I figure the 35a is a pulse I am thinking they are probably 20a LG or something. I bought them figuring I will rewrap them and see what they actually are as I have heard many vapers defend these batts as heavy hitters. The 2800 mah is what had me the most curious because if they would have been 2500mah like last years I would just assume LG, but now I am sort of wishing I would have bought the LG HG2 3000mah as I have been happy with the HE2's and the HE4's and wanted a better mah for my low watt vaping wife.

Not hurting for batts but I have been having issues with some of the 25r batts seeming to be dying quicker than normal.

Are you using the 2500mah MXJO or the new 2800mah? Curious if you ever pulled the wrapper to see the print on the batt.
I use the 2500mah. Like I said, they work great. But the HE4's are just as good and the price is much better.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those 2800mAh 35amp MXJO's are Samsung 25r's with inflated specs. Stick with oem batt's as others have said. Lg hg2's are good batt's so far and the price on them is right, usually around $16 usd for a set.

Last edited:

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We're getting some of the Efest 2800mAh 35A in next week. MXJO and Efest have had all identical batteries so far so I'm guessing it's the same thing under the wrapper. I'm going to run some tests on it. I don't have very high hopes but we'll see. If it's like past Efest batteries with this high of a rating it's probably a just fine battery at half the amps but with a rating that, while it technically can do it, you wouldn't ever want to push it that hard in the real world. But I haven't seen it yet so we'll see.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We're getting some of the Efest 2800mAh 35A in next week. MXJO and Efest have had all identical batteries so far so I'm guessing it's the same thing under the wrapper. I'm going to run some tests on it. I don't have very high hopes but we'll see. If it's like past Efest batteries with this high of a rating it's probably a just fine battery at half the amps but with a rating that, while it technically can do it, you wouldn't ever want to push it that hard in the real world. But I haven't seen it yet so we'll see.
When will you have the LG HG2's in stock?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When will you have the LG HG2's in stock?

This week, most likely early in the week, I'm guessing Tuesday. Probably will have an update on monday. You can sign up on the website to get an update as soon as they're in. Feel free to take any other questions unrelated to the thread to PMs. :)

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tested the new Wls Kv5 (v2) yet? been hearing good things about this cell. the (v1) cycle life was crap ,but they say they have fixed it this time around.
Also will you be stocking the new efest 6 bay charger?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Have you tested the new Wls Kv5 (v2) yet? been hearing good things about this cell. the (v1) cycle life was crap ,but they say they have fixed it this time around.
Also will you be stocking the new efest 6 bay charger?

I haven't tested any WLS batteries, but you're right that one does look very promising. Maybe will get some of those in. Man our testing team is going to be swamped!

Being honest the 6 bay charger just seems gimmicky to me, for the most part we only carry products that I personally like lol, which is why I only carry 2 of the Efest chargers and 2 of the Nitecore chargers. I've considered just stocking a small quantity of it though.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool thanks for the update. Let me know if you get some of those efest 6 bay chargers in would like to have one.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd love to see a wrapper tore off one. If they are 25r (I believe you) they're very distinct and have two sets of markings on the tube.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the 2500mah. Like I said, they work great. But the HE4's are just as good and the price is much better.
I am feeling a bit of buyers remorse now. I like the HE2 and the HE4 batts and could have bought them cheaper. I guess I should have just went with some HG2's. Oh well.

I just don't feel safe buying a brand that's known to lie that's all.

Pulse spec is a time and an amperage, without stating a time, a pulse spec makes no sense.

No reason at all to but them when you can get OEM cells with known true specs very easily.

Seen a few side by sides.of efest 2500mAh (He2) and the newer 2800mAh efest and they lost exactly thebsame amount of time if not slightly worse at high loads.

Cells aren't like mods, they can't be judged subjectively. Pretty much qny battery will work and might seem to perform well but that says nothing for safety and how true the specs are. I know LG and Samsung make good products , I also know rewrappers blatantly lie.

Be safe with them, treat them as 20A at best and hopefully all will be well.
I normally do not buy batts that are not the mainstream because new batt cells do not just happen over night but curiosity got the better of me as I only have VTC's, 25r's, HE2's, and HE4's and wanted to see what the hype was about.

The good thing is that my wife is a low watt vaper and they should never be stressed with her.

Those 2800mAh 35amp MXJO's are Samsung 25r's with inflated specs. Stick with oem batt's as others have said. Lg hg2's are good batt's so far and the price on them is right, usually around $16 usd for a set.
If they are 25r's I really have buyers remorse as I have many of those and find they are not performing as well lately and could have just picked up some LG GH2's.

I look forward to knowing what is under the wrapper of the efest and I guess I will find out shortly what is under the wrapper of MXJO.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Samsung 30Q seem the better choice over the LG HD2. Couple tests I've seen saw the LG cells permanently effected by a continuous 20A drain. The 30Q didn't perform amazingly but unlike the LG, the Samsung didn't lose any capacity afterwards.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a question about all these yall been talking about. I have actually seen a Samsung 25R test at 35 constant but only 2 out of the 17 I seen the shop test hit this. I just ordered a copper SMPL clone, a copper Little Boy RDA, 25 ft of 20awg kanthal and 25 orhanic cotton pads. Plan in running anything from a 0.075 to 0.3 builds in them. What would yall recommend for this? Thought Sonys but been told they all are discontinued so all are old stock items and I dont wanna blow my damn fool face off.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MJXO 40 amp, closer to 30 amp max discharge.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a question about all these yall been talking about. I have actually seen a Samsung 25R test at 35 constant but only 2 out of the 17 I seen the shop test hit this. I just ordered a copper SMPL clone, a copper Little Boy RDA, 25 ft of 20awg kanthal and 25 orhanic cotton pads. Plan in running anything from a 0.075 to 0.3 builds in them. What would yall recommend for this? Thought Sonys but been told they all are discontinued so all are old stock items and I dont wanna blow my damn fool face off.
For anything under 0.15 get a parallel box.

0.075 us lunacy on a single cell mech, one false move or autofiring and you've got no chance.

Entirely up to you though.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats what I been thinking, might just build a quad series/parallel box. As in running two parallel wired sleds wired series.

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
18650 battery factories are notoriously expensive. They can be upwards of a billion dollars per factory. Ever wonder why only three manufacturers (LG, Panasonic, LG) seem to make 18650s? It's because only they can afford to.

MXJO, Efest, etc. are small Chinese suppliers. Under no circumstances can a small supplier ever manufacturer their own 18650 battery. They are not manufacturers - they are assembly lines that rewrap batteries with (fake) specs.

Some people still buy, sell Efest etc. When you buy these Chinese brands you are taking way more risk than necessary. Best just stick with authentic batteries - original manufacturers there are really only 3 (or 4 if you include Sony, but production is so limited).

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are definitely Chinese produced 18650 around. It might cost that much for a whole factory, but not for a single line producing cells.

Most 26650 cells are Chinese made. They'll be using similar equipment.

Go to China and you.Can get them to make pretty much anything you can dream of. Most Chinese stuff is rewrapped but not all of it.

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, there are Chinese-made 18650s. BYD is the largest, MNKE is another big one. However realize most 26650 batteries you buy now are actually an 18650 inside a case. There are transformer cases to make the cell look larger.

And I know for certain, that the vape brands everyone mentions are all rewraps. I live in China btw ;)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally, wasn't saying you were wrong on rewrappers. They're blatant liars. If you know what the cell is underneath you're half way there but I avoid them if I can. Why buy them when even fasttech do genuine OEM cells? I got plenty of blue 25 r HD2 HE4 and HB6 to keep me happy.

Got a pair of 2500mAh efest, performing OK, identical to my old He2, but still... Are they a grade cells or rejects? :)

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay changing speed here, how about the newer "vape only" designes U.S. supposedly made Vamped batteries? Also, whats your take on Sanyo 18650s?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vamped batteries kinda suck. sanyo's are japanese made cells don't use any my self to low of a amp rating for my needs.
If you want high amp batteries with a good mAh rating just get some Sony Vtc5's

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So which of the vtcs is best for mech/ 0.25 and lower builds? Planning on 2 batts so can charge one while using other plus it wont be a ADV setup. More for during my gaming times. I use a. M80+ with gct & DIY head around the house and a eGo ONE kit for out and about. I just miss the raw power of a mech and my M16 510 threading stripped and lost firing button not to mention the vape shop rewraps I had wont hold . Charge at this point and they turned out to be rewrapped Trustfires. Who the hell rewraps trustfires?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So which of the vtcs is best for mech/ 0.25 and lower builds? Planning on 2 batts so can charge one while using other plus it wont be a ADV setup. More for during my gaming times. I use a. M80+ with gct & DIY head around the house and a eGo ONE kit for out and about. I just miss the raw power of a mech and my M16 510 threading stripped and lost firing button not to mention the vape shop rewraps I had wont hold . Charge at this point and they turned out to be rewrapped Trustfires. Who the hell rewraps trustfires?

Vtc5 2600 mAh 30 amp
Vtc4 2100 mAh 30 amp
Vtc3 1600 mAh 30 amp
some say that the vtc3 and 4 hit a little harder then the vtc5 ,but I haven't noticed it.
Get a set of the Vtc4's and Vtc5's and see what you like more both are good batteries as long as they are authentics.
http://liionwholesale.com/ has authentics and several peeps have had nothing but good things to say about them.

China rewraps trustfires all the time lol.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a fake (bought it off a **** head for $5 so sure its fake) vtc4 and a Ultrafire 6000 mAh battery still but my OCD forces me to buy new batteries for each new mod.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VTC 4. Vtc5 get blazing hot when constantly discharged at 30A. Without active cooling and a 80c cut off they shouldn't really be used for constant Hugh drain at that ampage. They're not going to be constantly discharged in a mech but still, if VTC4 are available they're perfect. I'd pick a 25r, HD2 and even He2/4 over aa vtc5 anyday ofof the week.

Sanyo and Panasonic batteries are the same thing these days. They're not high drain oriented.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
VTC3 and VTC4 for sure can handle high amperage much better than the VTC5. Technically the spec on the VTC5 is only 20A if you don't have temperature cutoffs to keep the cells cool.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VTC3 and VTC4 for sure can handle high amperage much better than the VTC5. Technically the spec on the VTC5 is only 20A if you don't have temperature cutoffs to keep the cells cool.

Thank you...20 amps

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly. If you're truly 20A or lower, especially 15A or lower, and can afford the slightly higher price of the HG2, it is our most recommended cell. But the 25R is better for sure if you're trying to pulse any higher than that. This is actually the subject of one of our upcoming test reports on the website.

VU Sponsors