Become a Patron!

MVP V1?

sturat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not new to vaping but I am about to be new to RDA's. My question is more of a safety check to make sure my math is correct. According to my manual I can not go over 3 amps. I have an MVP V1, had it for almost a year and use it everyday. I want to get an RDA an a new VV/WW box but before I make a 200+ investment I want to make sure I am going to like it. I was looking at the magma clone for now(want to stay super cheap the first go round). According to my math running at say 4 volts I need to stay around 1.5ohm coil, this will put me under my 3 amp max at around 2.6amps? Is this correct? Thanks in advance!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, that's correct. Also, I dunno about the MVP1, but the MVP2 is pretty tolerant of demands above its ratings, and just gives you less :)

You never know, you might end up sticking with the magma clone and save some money ;)

sturat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. The reason I will change is I really want a rebuilable tank, was looking at the Russian 91% but then saw the big tank rda best of both worlds it looked like to me anyhow. I am not sure I will love the drip thing full time, that is why I want to go cheap this round. I like stuff easy but don't mind tinkering. I have been using tanks for the last year since I quit the regular smokes and love some and hate others. Currently using an Aspire BDC and it is the best I have use. I am just ready to step up, get more of a throat hit and enjoy more flavor.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm mostly happy with mini protanks - mainly because I can afford to have, and can carry, a lot of them to satisfy my flavour-swapping habit! I'll probably get either an erlprinz or an erlkonigin clone soon, having thought about kayfuns and russians etc. But I don't know of any flavour I need 8ml of without a refill! I got a few RDAs initally as an experiment, but, being sat at a desk most days, I end up using them quite a lot :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You might want to try a Kayfun clone for those times you just want to vape without fiddling with you device.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Magma is outstanding and you should be very pleased with it . In a pinch i have used my MVP with it , build is around 1.5 ohms and i just crank it up to around 10 or 11 watts and it does a fine job, especially with 30 or 32 gauge wire

I would also recommend a Kayfun clone if thats what your interested in , the EH Pro version is fantastic and can be had for about $35.00.

You can find some great RDA prices at 101vape

http://101vape.com/11-rebuildable-atomizers-tanks

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an ehpro Kayfun 3.1 and the build quality is outstanding. Recently went from an MVP 2 to a 30w device. I thought I liked the Kayfun before. I had no idea. At 17.5w this thing is amazing. If I could have only one atomizer, it would be a well made Kayfun 3.1.

Vermiform

Member For 5 Years
Since you are already invested in Aspire BDC gear, you should also look into the new BVC coils for them. They are amazing.

sturat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. What I did buy was an Igo w this weekend and I really like it. The dripping part was not as much of a PIA as I thought and making the coil was pretty darn easy. I have a 1.5 ohm build in it using 28 gauge and I like it. I am going to tomorrow to get a mech mod and a few 18650's. I think I will also get a new dripper of the Kayfun.. I can not wait to really crank this thing up. I tried one on a mod at .3 ohm while at my local shop and man I fell in love and I am so ready to get to the next level. I could not believe the intense flavor at the lower ohm and higher watt's..

VU Sponsors