Become a Patron!

MVP 20 WATT PRE ORDER , $39.00 .

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So they up'd the wattage, added a flush 510 connection and called it a day. Third gen and pretty much no physical changes. I'd expect more from Innokin. Lazy way out IMO.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So they up'd the wattage, added a flush 510 connection and called it a day. Third gen and pretty much no physical changes. I'd expect more from Innokin. Lazy way out IMO.
there were very few things wrong with the MVP2, and all they did was improve on the design and functionality with out changing to much. It's better than what they tried to do with the SVD2. You know if it ain't broke...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
there were very few things wrong with the MVP2, and all they did was improve on the design and functionality with out changing to much. It's better than what they tried to do with the SVD2. You know if it ain't broke...

I agree to an extent about if it ain't broke don't break it. But at the time of gen 1 and gen 2 they were the only player in the budget box mod game. There are way too many more options and players now. If you want to stay ahead you need to be an innovator. Not stick with old hat because the first few generations sold so well. There are people who love the MVP 2.0 and will buy this updated version. But many more that won't even give it a second look.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thats exactly right , this is just the basic version and will sell like crazy , most thought the price was going to be much higher. There will be more advanced versions coming soon but this is exactly what i thought they should do , keep it as similar as possible to the MVP 2.0 version.

There is still a HUGE base of people out there that want a device with no batteries or charger to worry about , just look at the iStick sales . This will put a huge dent in iStick sales if they can keep the price low.

Just watch how many vendors sell of these , it will be a ton .

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It might sell to some people looking to upgrade from an ego or cigalike. Just like the MVP 2.0 did. But to those who have been using the 2.0 it will not be appealing. People always want shiny new things. If I had an MVP 2.0 and bought one of these I would feel like I just had the same thing. Like I said there are just too many other options out there now. The iStick, the IPV Mini for a little more money and many more on the way.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It might sell to some people looking to upgrade from an ego or cigalike. Just like the MVP 2.0 did. But to those who have been using the 2.0 it will not be appealing. People always want shiny new things. If I had an MVP 2.0 and bought one of these I would feel like I just had the same thing. Like I said there are just too many other options out there now. The iStick, the IPV Mini for a little more money and many more on the way.

I respect your opinion but i don't agree with it . Like i said there are a TON of people who want the built in battery type mods , look at the iStick , the MVP 20 watt was re done based solely on thousands upon thousands of user requests about what they wanted in the new one , Innokin listened and delivered .

Innokin will never be able to please everyone and you clearly are not a fan and thats A OK , but this will sell like mad , give it time.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I respect your opinion but i don't agree with it . Like i said there are a TON of people who want the built in battery type mods , look at the iStick , the MVP 20 watt was re done based solely on thousands upon thousands of user requests about what they wanted in the new one , Innokin listened and delivered .

Innokin will never be able to please everyone and you clearly are not a fan and thats A OK , but this will sell like mad , give it time.

And I would bet of those thousands upon of thousands that wanted the updated connection and higher power very few of them said "oh and let's make it look and feel exactly the same as the original". Again just my opinion.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree to an extent about if it ain't broke don't break it. But at the time of gen 1 and gen 2 they were the only player in the budget box mod game. There are way too many more options and players now. If you want to stay ahead you need to be an innovator. Not stick with old hat because the first few generations sold so well. There are people who love the MVP 2.0 and will buy this updated version. But many more that won't even give it a second look.

Yup - agree here.. especially with all of the mini-box mods coming out they really needed to decrease the form factor.. theres no increase to the battery capacity either.. the thing looks EXACTLY the same which some people might like.. but it seems like they just added a new chip into the 2's and said 'fuck it, they will sell regardless' ...

Now i know they plan on releasing a couple better versions of them, so I guess I will need to wait until those drop before I talk too much smack..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And I would bet of those thousands upon of thousands that wanted the updated connection and higher power very few of them said "oh and let's make it look and feel exactly the same as the original". Again just my opinion.

And as i said your entitled to your opinion , oh, by the way , most people DID not request a change in it's appearance , maybe thats why lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup - agree here.. especially with all of the mini-box mods coming out they really needed to decrease the form factor.. theres no increase to the battery capacity either.. the thing looks EXACTLY the same which some people might like.. but it seems like they just added a new chip into the 2's and said 'fuck it, they will sell regardless' ...

Now i know they plan on releasing a couple better versions of them, so I guess I will need to wait until those drop before I talk too much smack..

Again, it doesn't matter how many mini box mods are coming out , the vast majority have a replaceable battery which kills it's attractiveness for the customers who much prefer fixed battery mods .

A HUGE selling point is the fixed battery non replaceable battery feature for these customer types , they do not want a replaceable battery mod .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On another note all you have to do is go and dig up the thousands upon thousands of pages of what customers were requesting in the new MVP and you will clearly see most got their wish , if you guys didn't thats life i suppose , not everyone got exactly what they wanted , Innokin went with the majorities opinion.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Again, it doesn't matter how many mini box mods are coming out , the vast majority have a replaceable battery which kills it's attractiveness for the customers who much prefer fixed battery mods .

Like i said.. I'm not bashing it.. I just expected a little more out of the new version besides 20 watts (which seems to be the ONLY difference) .. and if the other editions offer more (which I would expect them to) I will be likely to grab one but it all depends on what the more expensive ones have to offer

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like i said.. I'm not bashing it.. I just expected a little more out of the new version besides 20 watts (which seems to be the ONLY difference) .. and if the other editions offer more (which I would expect them to) I will be likely to grab one but it all depends on what the more expensive ones have to offer

It has an all new chip which Innokin swears gives better battery life and an even better signal response . It's also supposed to be much quicker reacting .

The more advanced versions may appeal to you if this one doesn't .

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also expected it to be able to read under 1ohm.. which is disappointing..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MVP quality and reliability, 20watts and don't forget the huge improvement on the connector. Can't see any issues with functional improvements and form is subjective. Respectable price too? Sounds like a win.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
40$ is only the pre-order price though.. could be more like 60$ retail once they go live I'm thinking?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

A HUGE selling point is the fixed battery non replaceable battery feature for these customer types , they do not want a replaceable battery mod .

I'm not buying that. That was actually one of the biggest customer complaints of the MVP. It was basically a disposable throw-away. Many of these newer box mods coming have a replaceable battery that can also be charged on board. What is more appealing than that?? If I have a choice of having a fixed battery that can't be replaced or a removable battery that can be charged on board I sure as hell know which one I am going with.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter to me. I have no interest. I had the MVP (two actually) and really did not care for the form factor or the fact that it was pretty shitty quality.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
MVP quality and reliability, 20watts and don't forget the huge improvement on the connector. Can't see any issues with functional improvements and form is subjective. Respectable price too? Sounds like a win.

We also can't really confirm the 'huge improvement on the connector' until we get them in hand and see if that's true.. I remember they said they fixed the firing pin issues on the 2.0's and people STILL had the same issue where things wouldn't fire and the pin would push down to far

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Says spring loaded. That's a pretty big improvement. You speculated on future price and I'm commenting on published upgrades. You seem to be going out of your way to criticize the new MVP. That's fine. I really don't care. I'm not going to buy one anyway. A 20 watt anything isn't enough for me anymore. I have an MVP 2 and the only issues I ever had with it were the power limit and the connector. Both issues have been addressed in the new model so I personally can't see how it's not gonna be very appealing to many. If I was in the market for a new 20 watt mod, the MVP would be my choice. I think the istick is a complete piece of garbage, but I don't make post after post criticizing it in an istick thread. I've made posts pointing out what I believe to be cons with the device, but I give my opinion and move on.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
doncha just love vaping elitists?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Says spring loaded. That's a pretty big improvement. You speculated on future price and I'm commenting on published upgrades. You seem to be going out of your way to criticize the new MVP. That's fine. I really don't care. I'm not going to buy one anyway. A 20 watt anything isn't enough for me anymore. I have an MVP 2 and the only issues I ever had with it were the power limit and the connector. Both issues have been addressed in the new model so I personally can't see how it's not gonna be very appealing to many. If I was in the market for a new 20 watt mod, the MVP would be my choice. I think the istick is a complete piece of garbage, but I don't make post after post criticizing it in an istick thread. I've made posts pointing out what I believe to be cons with the device, but I give my opinion and move on.

It's called a discussion on a product.. I was under the impression we were on a vaping forum? if you want to go find the MVP thread were I was defending Innokin and the MVP's and AGREEING that they will sell no matter what - then be my guest.. I didn't say ONCE that the MVP was garbage, or make post after post indicating it would be. I expected a little more on this product especially from Innokin but if you read my previous post - I specifically said I would wait for the more expensive versions to drop before I said too much since this seems to be the base model.

Just because the specs say something - doesn't mean it will work as intended.. the spring loaded pin could still be shitty.. my point was and still is that we don't know how anything will function until we have it in our hands and it gets some use.. so in reality everything that you claim has been fixed on it is still under speculation given that it's still in 'pre-order' status. I will happily accept your 'i told you so' if in fact this remains true after a few months go by :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll probably get one of these but I'll wait until it's out for a while to hear what people think about it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All your comments have focused on the possible cons. I'm just trying to point it may have a few pros also. I agree we'll have to wait and see though.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All your comments have focused on the possible cons. I'm just trying to point it may have a few pros also. I agree we'll have to wait and see though.

I'm sure it will have some pros. Especially if they not only fixed the connector. But also made the threading better too. My two biggest cons are real and known now. Same boring body/shape/form factor and a non-removable battery.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the V2. Love the form. Love the function. Love the price.

My next buy will be this one. All I need is a touch more watts than my current 11 and a better connector. Done and done. The new one will fit great in my back pocket while I'm tooling around the farm just like the old one.

Maybe Innoken will make something fancy lookin and able to boil a pot of water in 3 seconds to appeal to uber hobbyists. Who knows.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure it will have some pros. Especially if they not only fixed the connector. But also made the threading better too. My two biggest cons are real and known now. Same boring body/shape/form factor and a non-removable battery.
Amen. I destroyed the connector threads on my mvp2 with little effort. I was able to install a fatdaddyvapes 510 and fix it, but that shouldn't be necessary. A proper connector is a big deal to me and it seems to be overlooked by many mod makers. Brass threads and fixed pins piss me off. :mad:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sure it will do well in sales. The mvp has a large following and up until the istick was the go to product to recommend to those wanting to move past the egos'.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Amen. I destroyed the connector threads on my mvp2 with little effort. I was able to install a fatdaddyvapes 510 and fix it, but that shouldn't be necessary. A proper connector is a big deal to me and it seems to be overlooked by many mod makers. Brass threads and fixed pins piss me off. :mad:

My threads were fine on my two. My issue is one died after just 6 weeks. Didn't give me a warm/fuzzy. Especially since this was my first upgrade mod after using Egos for my first year. And reading about all the issues people had in short time with other big name Chinese mods. Got a warranty replacement and sold it immediately. Sold my second one shortly afterwards. Bought a Provari and called it a day.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm kinda lusting over a provari3 with a kayfun4 attached using the p3 connector. By the time I can afford it there will be something better though. I can dream.:rolleyes:

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the popularity that the MVP 2 has... Innokin did the logical thing and simply addressed the issues that were being reported on the v2's... You don't mess with success, you make the needed improvements and leave it at that. If they want another style mod that is significantly different , whether it's a box, tube or other... they need to release it with a new model name.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will this one sell.....
Sure it will !

If they do release a 30-50 watt, (I would like to see it happen.), it will drive the price on these down a little I assume.
All Good Things !
But to stay relevant, 30/50 watt is today what 11 was when the MVP2 was released.
20 watts just became "Ego" IMHO.

I still want one.....
And the next one Too !
Looking for a good box, with med power, solid build, good board, and all the Battery they can cram in there !
I could go replaceable, as long as I get 6-8 hrs before Batt swaps.... and just as happy with a throw away like my MVP2 that has lasted a little over a yr now, just wish it had more maH !
I can dream......

Lol
:D

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For that price and even cheaper, you could get an Istick.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To each their own I guess. It wouldn't be my main PV that's for sure. But it would great as a back up or even a gift for a new vapor.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a great Mod for people happy with 1 ohm coils or higher. Good Value for the money. I am a replaceable battery guy so personally I would choose something else. I think it will sell well for several years. Innokin might even have the Resources to get Devices through the costly FDA Approval Process [Final Regs have been announced to be out in June] But there is a 2 year Grace Period before devices/e-liquid need FDA approval.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was able to fit a fdv 510 with the 22mm washer on my mvp2 with no overhang. They could have eliminated the overhang if I was able to. Still no mention of what material the connector threading is. Hopefully it's not still brass. I think the Chinese national motto is 'close enough'. o_O

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd consider the MVP 20 w but their shit menu system is a deal breaker for me. I change up & down alot depending on my tank/mood. Only go up & 1 button for volts, 1 for Watts, I also like to see my resistance & battery life without fiddling with screens to get there. Istick has the perfect menu IMHO, get something like that & I'd maybe look at it. It may perform flawlessly, but I for one don't like to cycle through multiple screens & only change the output in one direction.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

VU Sponsors