Become a Patron!

Multi tool?

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looking for a multi tool to slim down my build kit… obviously my specific sized hex is unlikely.

Attachments

• IMG_8650.jpeg
    IMG_8650.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What multi is it? Like driver bits that fit in handle?

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What multi is it? Like driver bits that fit in handle?
I’d love to see something like a leatherman. Apparently UD makes a Cool Kit tool, don’t know where to get it stateside or if there is anything better/newer.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no help for you but just wanted to know what is the brand of those scissors and how do you like them?

I find it rather hard to find a decent pair of small scissors with a point that are sturdy and sharp.

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have no help for you but just wanted to know what is the brand of those scissors and how do you like them?

I find it rather hard to find a decent pair of small scissors with a point that are sturdy and sharp.
They’re Revlon grooming scissors. I’ve been using these for years! Sharp to the tip, amazing!

Revlon Men's Series Facial Hair Kit, includes Scissors and Comb for Trimming and Styling, Made with Stainless Steel https://a.co/d/6gvW9n6

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About the kit, no way you're gonna find a multi-tool that has all you need, so it will just end up being another tool added plus more weight. And they are bulky and not eaay to use for precision work like building vape decks. That UD Cool Kit is as chunky as all other multitools. Since you like your scissors, you'll never settle for using those tiny scissors in a multi-tool. They are only really meant to use in a pinch.

You're best bet is to downsize and consolidate a few things, namely your cutters and your screwdrivers and hex drivers.

Cutters: I personally never used both diagonal cutters and nail clippers, I only ever needed one or the other. Perhaps try to make due with one, not both? If you use nail clippers cuz your diags don't cut well in certain cases, either shapen them with a small, fine file or get a better one.

Screwdrivers: If you buy one of the aluminum pocket screw drivers with the magnetic end where you can change out bits, and store them inside the handle, you can replaced your screwdrivers and hex drivers with one tool. This one comes with hex bits (0.7mm, 0.9mm, 1.3mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm & 4.0mm). Comes with a case but you just store whatever bits you need inside the handle and not use the case or the rest of the bits. I have one of these, just a different brand but same design. Mine is 4.5 inches long without a bit installed.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors