Become a Patron!

More Idiots Acting Stupid: State lawmakers hear plea for steeper tax on e-cigarettes

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OK, now what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

"With help from other lawmakers, Ray passed a law that restrict the sale of traditional cigarettes to minors, and he hopes this year to clarify the rules to include paraphernalia used to "vape" with e-cigarettes, which is a growing trend among Utah youths."

OK, So this asshole decides to just LIE to get his point across:

"Rep. Ray Ward, R-Bountiful, said that as a physician, he has seen more teens who have smoked e-cigarettes and become addicted than he has seen adults using the product to quit smoking.

"It's just a way to get nicotine into your body," he said. "Nicotine any way is equally addicting."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33295988&nid=148&fm=latest_videos

On a side note, it seems that Sen. Mark Madsen has some common sense. He thinks the laws on the books need to be ENFORCED instead of creating new laws just to look like you are doing something.

"I'm not about to make a knee-jerk decision that will end up restricting the freedoms of people," said Sen. Mark Madsen, R-Saratoga Springs. "Given that we know so little, I'm reluctant to jump in."

"Madsen instead suggests that the state's rule-making body impose enhanced penalties on practices that are already illegal."

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hopeful that the Madsens outnumber the Wards 'cause it is much harder to clean up after stupid than it is to do stupid in the first place. Big Tobacco and the politicians that see tax dollar $ign$.

VU Sponsors