VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://www.forbes.com/sites/taraha...garettes-help-some-smokers-quit/#65944ce41faf

"The basic finding: the more days you use e-cigarettes, the more likely you are to successfully quit."

These motherfuckers used millions of OUR taxpayers dollars to figure this out.

Just sit back and let that sink in. - 5150

Yeah.. but that's why I always advise newbies, even if they're frustrated with all the myriad issues with hardware, not to stop vaping, even if they need to smoke a little, while in the early stages of transitioning; cutting off smoking like flipping a switch will only generate resentment and a bad attitude in a lot of diehard smokers, but transitioning slowly will give the opportunity to compare vaping with smoking, to really know for sure that you can't get anything from smoking that you can't get from vaping, except a terrible stink of your hands and person and breath, and a nasty taste in your mouth... and lung cancer/COPD. And the slow transitioning is where the "keep vaping, no matter what" advice is really valuable -- if you keep trying, keep vaping, no matter the frustration, then gradually you learn to handle the hardware so it's not so damned annoying (or you get better hardware); if you just get frustrated and quit vaping, then you're bound to continue smoking.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
By no means will this study put to rest the debate between those who say e-cigarettes can’t be a cessation tool
I don't understand how this can even BE a debate anymore. How can any rational, ethical person take that side?

As with any research question, it will require many more studies
In other words, we should throw even more money at this? :crazy:

All that goobermint needs to do is to get the hell out of the way.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't understand how this can even BE a debate anymore. How can any rational, ethical person take that side?

In other words, we should throw even more money at this? :crazy:

All that goobermint needs to do is to get the hell out of the way.

I agree, but getting out of the way isn't something our gov't has EVER learned how to do. Except getting out of the way of unethical bankers who want to make a quick buck at the expense of the whole country, or even the whole world. :facepalm:

And those fucks who work for the various "charitable" (yeah right) orgs... they are neither ethical nor rational; they're purely venal, wanting only money, money, money, and BP has lots of that to give them, to keep making nonsensical claims about vaping. They're all afraid that smokers REALLY WILL all quit, and the gravy train will end, forcing them to get REAL jobs.

Andria

VU Sponsors