Become a Patron!

Moist Banana Almond or Walnut Bread 27

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going for a banana almond cereal mix, but this taste more like a moist banana nut bread imo. I'm going to try it with FA Walnut next. I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Good after a few day steep, but the longer the better.

Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Banana(INW) 1% (I'm sure FA will sub)
Dairy Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%
Edit: Excellent with Walnut(FA) .75% as a sub for Almond)
(I mix 30/70vg)

Banana-Almond-Cake3.jpg

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds good! I don't have the cereal, banana or Dairy milk so bookmarking for later.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going for a banana almond cereal mix, but this taste more like a moist banana nut bread imo. I'm going to try it with FA Walnut next. I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Good after a few day steep, but the longer the better.

Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Dairy Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg)
Banana-Almond-Cake3.jpg

I initially tried INW's banana last year and wrote it off after the initial and mostly standalone trial left me feeling it was too banana runt candy tasting. Granted I can't seem to dig up the %s I was using it at (overwrote it), but pretty certain it was at least 2%+.

Planning to give it another try here to see how it plays with the other flavors at 1% though.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How well do you think Shisha Banana would sub?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't tried it (yet), but I'm sure it would be great. Only one way to find out.;)
Just curious, I have both, just itching to try the Shisha so I'll see about doing one with each. I haven't tried anything with the shisha flavors yet except vanilla. I know the strawberry is strong I assume the banana will be too.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious, I have both, just itching to try the Shisha so I'll see about doing one with each. I haven't tried anything with the shisha flavors yet except vanilla. I know the strawberry is strong I assume the banana will be too.
If Shisha banana is anything like Shisha strawberry and vanilla, I would assume it has a sweetness to it. I think anything over 1% with INW Banana gets to candy like. 1% and under gives it a very ripe banana vibe that blends in nicely.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If Shisha banana is anything like Shisha strawberry and vanilla, I would assume it has a sweetness to it. I think anything over 1% with INW Banana gets to candy like. 1% and under gives it a very ripe banana vibe that blends in nicely.
Thanks, Squonk, I was thinking it should be around 1% or so. I got some Shisha Strawberry on my fingers two days ago, and after many washings, my fingers still smell like it.. strong stuff!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The use of Cap's Cereal 27 with the Milk here to nail the "bread" part was pretty brilliant btw. Props. Lead to a hands down best (by far) experience attempt at replicating banana bread in vape that I've ever tried. Although mine was tweaked a tad (subbed FW Milk and Han Cream, then used 2% FLV banana. I have your exact recipe still steeping at the 5 week mark. My backlog is HUGE lol).

Anybody still enjoying TFA's banana bread (I personally think it was way too weak) is seriously missing out. Gonna have to start buying big bottles of this Cereal 27.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The use of Cap's Cereal 27 with the Milk here to nail the "bread" part was pretty brilliant btw. Props. Lead to a hands down best (by far) experience attempt at replicating banana bread in vape that I've ever tried. Although mine was tweaked a tad (subbed FW Milk and Han Cream, then used 2% FLV banana. I have your exact recipe still steeping at the 5 week mark. My backlog is HUGE lol).

Anybody still enjoying TFA's banana bread (I personally think it was way too weak) is seriously missing out. Gonna have to start buying big bottles of this Cereal 27.
Thanks for the kind words. I like this mix better using walnut.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like this mix better using walnut.

I'm sampling this recipe that I mixed last week. Instead of Almond, this time I used 1% FLV Pistachio.

While I enjoy eating real (lightly salted) pistachio nuts more so than almonds, vape wise, I like this mix more with the FA Almond. Unlike the FA Almond, to me, it seemed the FLV Pistachio did not appear as a separate flavor in the mix. In addition, it seemed the FLV also seemed to somewhat dull the banana bread flavor notes. I also got a very light brown thin skin of the pistachio nut flavor. Perhaps the next time I try this combo a different % FlV will be applied.

FA Walnut next time....

Thanks Again Squonk! :yes:

Ron
----
"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie."- Miyamoto Musashi

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Edited OP. Excellent with Walnut(FA) .75% as a sub for Almond)
I use walnut in my banana bread that I like. walnut and banana go pretty good together Ive never tried the cereal 27, how is it? I didnt like any of the cereal I tried kinda gave up on it.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use walnut in my banana bread that I like. walnut and banana go pretty good together Ive never tried the cereal 27, how is it? I didnt like any of the cereal I tried kinda gave up on it.
I agree I haven't liked any of the cereals I tried. I find them harsh. I haven't tried cereal 27 yet. I tend to like Squonk s mixes so I'm hoping this is good.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have this one recipe Im working on that uses walnut and the caps yogurts. I didnt like those before trying it with walnut

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cereal 27 actually surprised me. It's one of those flavors you try and gets you thinking what you're going to do with it next. It's kinda like INW Biscuit or TFA GC Cheesecake in that regard. In other words,,,, you can use it "up front" or as a "back note". I'll be ordering it again on my next order. I'm down to the bottom of the bottle.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cereal 27 actually surprised me. It's one of those flavors you try and gets you thinking what you're going to do with it next. It's kinda like INW Biscuit or TFA GC Cheesecake in that regard. In other words,,,, you can use it "up front" or as a "back note". I'll be ordering it again on my next order. I'm down to the bottom of the bottle.

Yeah, this.

Although I'm already on my second 30 ml.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Squonk, I was thinking it should be around 1% or so. I got some Shisha Strawberry on my fingers two days ago, and after many washings, my fingers still smell like it.. strong stuff!

It makes our truck smell like the best bakery in town. :giggle: People in stores have been known to look up and smile when I walk in, and tell me how good I smell. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nurse at the Dr's office yesterday following me down the hall said I smelled like a bakery.
Said it reminded her somewhat of Cotton Candy.
Been vaping Shisha Strawberry mixes all week:teehee:

Yes, one woman in a store asked me if I'd been eating cotton candy. :giggle: She was amazed when I said I'd been vaping before I came into the store, and wanted to know if it "really worked" -- I told her I'd smoked for 39 yrs and never was able to quit, till vaping, but now (at the time) it was 2 and a half yrs smoke-free, which also amazed her, because she had been under the impression that it was no more successful for quitting than all the other crap -- thx, FDA, you fucking MORONS -- but people are still going to know the TRUTH when they encounter success stories! My cousin Kaye said it smelled like "vanilla... and something fruity." She was also amazed that I had finally quit smoking, and delighted -- I think I was the very last hold-out in our extended family. :D

Andria

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Dairy Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg)

Banana-Almond-Cake3.jpg
I see you are liking the playing around with Cereal 27. Great flavor, I can't stop with it. It goes great with just about anything, and can be used for deepening nuts too. Try it with butter pecan, it's amazing. Anyway. Can't wait to mix this up, looks righteous

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, you could put FA Condensed Milk in Cereal 27, and it would still taste good lol

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got to say Thank You! One of favorite diy mixes so far. A 60ml is going to be mixed today. FYI used FA walnut at 0.75%.

Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Dairy Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg)

Banana-Almond-Cake3.jpg

Last edited:

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I like it better with walnut as well. In fact, I mixed up 50mls two weeks ago. If you give it a longer steep , it will give more of that moist banana bread feel.
Its been steeping for over two weeks :) I am impressed!

PS. I used Hangstens Banana at the same quantity as the Inawera.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you give it a longer steep , it will give more of that moist banana bread feel.

I thought I would revisit the batch I made with 1% FLV Pistachio on 5-2-17. My notes indicated it was good at 30 days and even better at 45 days. Today, 6 months latter, the INW Banana has held up well but there is a bit of overall flavor fade. More concerning is the textural cake notes fading :( Still an enjoyable vape, but knowing how good it can be... has made me spoiled for the "Best Stuff".

My next batch size will be adjusted to a 30-60 day consumption period. (Less time if I instead use FA Walnut)

Ron
---
If your hair is on fire and your feet are in ice water, a statistician will tell you that, on average, you are quite comfortable...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I would revisit the batch I made with 1% FLV Pistachio on 5-2-17. My notes indicated it was good at 30 days and even better at 45 days. Today, 6 months latter, the INW Banana has held up well but there is a bit of overall flavor fade. More concerning is the textural cake notes fading :( Still an enjoyable vape, but knowing how good it can be... has made me spoiled for the "Best Stuff".

My next batch size will be adjusted to a 30-60 day consumption period. (Less time if I instead use FA Walnut)

Ron
---
If your hair is on fire and your feet are in ice water, a statistician will tell you that, on average, you are quite comfortable...
LOL. Six Months.:eek: I never had any mix steeped that long.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. Six Months.:eek: I never had any mix steeped that long.
hehe, I generally don't vape anything until it has steeped at least 2- 3 months and for a while everything I was vaping was at least 5 or 6 months old. Mmmmm super steeped juice. Not hard to do when you keep at least 2 liters of juice (mostly in 100ml batches) in the steeping cabinet. I mixed 400ml for myself the other day (and 200ml for my roomie) and will be mixing another 4 x 100ml batches again before long.

I also have a 500ml kitchen sink dump bottle in my cabinet that contains multiple recipes and some of them were likely mixed originally close to a year ago before later being dumped in this half liter bottle. I already started on a 2nd dump bottle with a few recipes I was getting tired of vaping.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hehe, I generally don't vape anything until it has steeped at least 2- 3 months and for a while everything I was vaping was at least 5 or 6 months old. Mmmmm super steeped juice. Not hard to do when you keep at least 2 liters of juice (mostly in 100ml batches) in the steeping cabinet. I mixed 400ml for myself the other day (and 200ml for my roomie) and will be mixing another 4 x 100ml batches again before long.

I also have a 500ml kitchen sink dump bottle in my cabinet that contains multiple recipes and some of them were likely mixed originally close to a year ago before later being dumped in this half liter bottle. I already started on a 2nd dump bottle with a few recipes I was getting tired of vaping.
I'm constantly making adjustments and changes to my mixes. I also like to have 10-20 different mixes going at once and I'm constantly trying new things.
Hence
"Variety is the spice of life";)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some mixes "ageing" that are around 3 years old. :eek:

Some may speculate that is due to my often finding ageing preferable to dumping and washing juice bottles. :vino:

Ron
:):)
---
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."-Leonardo da Vinci
LMAO! I just put a bunch of un-cleaned 15 and 30ml bottles in a box that I haven't cleaned in a year. In the box they will stay. Out of sight, out of mind. I use 60mls now.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonk just wanted to let you know I have been through 120mls of this and can tell you it is now on my top 10 mixes! I can't believe you can chain vape BNBread and not get a dry feeling in your mouth.... out of this world.
Thank you big time for posting this, I think I'm going to mix up 240mls this go around;)

Edit: I made the Walnut version.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonk just wanted to let you know I have been through 120mls of this and can tell you it is now on my top 10 mixes! I can't believe you can chain vape BNBread and not get a dry feeling in your mouth.... out of this world.
Thank you big time for posting this, I think I'm going to mix up 240mls this go around;)

Thanks Carmmond. After reading your kind words I just loaded a tank that's been steeping two months come tomorrow.:shades:

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Absolutely agree. One of my top 10 without a doubt! With walnuts of course :)

Mazinny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Dairy Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg)

Banana-Almond-Cake3.jpg
Any reasonable substitute for TFA Daily Milk. I have Fa Vienna Cream and Whipped Cream.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe I haven't tried this yet. I've really liked all the @Squonk recipes I've tried. Strawberry Ice Cream and Thumb Print Cookies are my favorites so far.

VU Sponsors