Become a Patron!

Mod Suggestions? :-)

Hello everyone, this is my first post. :)

I need some help from you experienced vapors deciding what variable wattage mod I should get next. Currently I’ve been using an Innokin iTaste VV version 3 and a Vamo V3 with an Efest NCR18650B battery (3400mah 3.7 volt). I generally use the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank or the original Aspire Nautilus tank and vape around 8-10 watts . . . sometimes a little lower or higher but not by too much. Right now it seems that I need to replace the Vamo battery about every 24 hours (which means that if I replace it on Monday evening I’ll have to replace it again the following evening). The iTaste only seems to last maybe 3-6 hours before it needs to be charged.

The main thing I think I’m looking for is a great battery life in as compact a body as I can that won’t break the bank (hopefully between $60 - maybe around $140). I would love to have something that I can take with me for a weekend and not have to worry about also packing backup units or batteries. I’m currently trying out a 2200mah Eleaf iStick 20W but it seems that the battery needs to be charged after about 12 hours of actual use. Other then that I really love the compact size and the ergonomic feel. I like it but the battery life isn’t that great in my opinion. I was originally considering a Pioneer4You IPV3 which is a dual battery box mod but after trying the iStick I am now considering the new 4400mah 50w iStick but am unsure if the 4400mah battery will allow enough vaping time.

I’m not ready to start sub-ohming yet but might like to try it later on down the road so something around 50 watts or more would be nice but it isn’t necessary . . . it would be nice to have something as least 20-30 watts though. The main problem I’ve had finding a dual battery box mod was that the chips either don’t allow me to vape down as low as I sometimes like (5-7 watts) or they are too expensive (and can be pretty bulky and heavy).

So, based on the vape times I’m getting out of the devices I currently have what would be your suggestions? Do you think the 4400mah iStick would offer me enough vaping time or should I hold out for a dual battery mod (and if so, which one)? Would a dual battery mod really last that much longer or not, and if so, would it be best for vaping time if the batteries where stacked or parallel?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. :)

~ evenstill

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, Welcome To The Underground!

Speaking only for myself, I am just not a fan of any mod where the user cannot swap out batteries on the go. And not a fan of the Istick for other reasons.

Not to be a smartass (well not more than usual anyway) the higher the wattage you vape at, the more power needed and more batteries to supply that power.

If you are looking at vaping at higher wattages and looking to be able to be out of the house for a day or two, you are gonna need something that holds 2 X 18650 batteries. Which means that the mod that holds them will be bigger and bulkier.

I have a Sigelei 100 watt mod and I love it. Vaping at 26 watts I normally get two days out of it with twin VCT5 2600 mah batteries. But the lowest you can go is 10 watts.

One very worthwhile mod that no one seems to bring up is the Dovpo E-Mech. It holds 2 X 18650 batteries, has a 30 watt max limit and goes down to about 7 watts I think. Its a little strange looking but it will indeed fit your hand nicely and will fit in your shirt pocket (mandatory for all of my mods).

It also features a built in charger and will tell you the time and date. And will last you a couple of days between charges depending on your vaping habbits and the batteries you stick in it. And you can just take a wall wart and a charging cable with you in your travels and you are set. You do sleep don't you? Just plug the sucker in while you do.

And carrying extra batteries is no big thing.

Back to the Istick, you do realize that when the battery in there decides to die, you just chuck the entire unit? And it also has enough quirks that I won't be purchasing one.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh if you do carry batteries for a swap out invest the 2-3 bucks for the plastic travel case.
Battery + keys= an arc.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say get a mod with a replaceable battery. Get a couple extra batts and all you have to bring with you for the longer treks is a small battery case with 2 extra batts in it and some liquid.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First of all, Welcome To The Underground!

Speaking only for myself, I am just not a fan of any mod where the user cannot swap out batteries on the go. And not a fan of the Istick for other reasons.

Not to be a smartass (well not more than usual anyway) the higher the wattage you vape at, the more power needed and more batteries to supply that power.

If you are looking at vaping at higher wattages and looking to be able to be out of the house for a day or two, you are gonna need something that holds 2 X 18650 batteries. Which means that the mod that holds them will be bigger and bulkier.

I have a Sigelei 100 watt mod and I love it. Vaping at 26 watts I normally get two days out of it with twin VCT5 2600 mah batteries. But the lowest you can go is 10 watts.

One very worthwhile mod that no one seems to bring up is the Dovpo E-Mech. It holds 2 X 18650 batteries, has a 30 watt max limit and goes down to about 7 watts I think. Its a little strange looking but it will indeed fit your hand nicely and will fit in your shirt pocket (mandatory for all of my mods).

It also features a built in charger and will tell you the time and date. And will last you a couple of days between charges depending on your vaping habbits and the batteries you stick in it. And you can just take a wall wart and a charging cable with you in your travels and you are set. You do sleep don't you? Just plug the sucker in while you do.

And carrying extra batteries is no big thing.

Back to the Istick, you do realize that when the battery in there decides to die, you just chuck the entire unit? And it also has enough quirks that I won't be purchasing one.

The DOVPO E-mech is new to me.
I only knew of 2 DOVPO products. The GSX200 which I have ordered (mech with protections) and that 50 watt model with an internal battery.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone, this is my first post. :)

I need some help from you experienced vapors deciding what variable wattage mod I should get next. Currently I’ve been using an Innokin iTaste VV version 3 and a Vamo V3 with an Efest NCR18650B battery (3400mah 3.7 volt). I generally use the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank or the original Aspire Nautilus tank and vape around 8-10 watts . . . sometimes a little lower or higher but not by too much. Right now it seems that I need to replace the Vamo battery about every 24 hours (which means that if I replace it on Monday evening I’ll have to replace it again the following evening). The iTaste only seems to last maybe 3-6 hours before it needs to be charged.

The main thing I think I’m looking for is a great battery life in as compact a body as I can that won’t break the bank (hopefully between $60 - maybe around $140). I would love to have something that I can take with me for a weekend and not have to worry about also packing backup units or batteries. I’m currently trying out a 2200mah Eleaf iStick 20W but it seems that the battery needs to be charged after about 12 hours of actual use. Other then that I really love the compact size and the ergonomic feel. I like it but the battery life isn’t that great in my opinion. I was originally considering a Pioneer4You IPV3 which is a dual battery box mod but after trying the iStick I am now considering the new 4400mah 50w iStick but am unsure if the 4400mah battery will allow enough vaping time.

I’m not ready to start sub-ohming yet but might like to try it later on down the road so something around 50 watts or more would be nice but it isn’t necessary . . . it would be nice to have something as least 20-30 watts though. The main problem I’ve had finding a dual battery box mod was that the chips either don’t allow me to vape down as low as I sometimes like (5-7 watts) or they are too expensive (and can be pretty bulky and heavy).

So, based on the vape times I’m getting out of the devices I currently have what would be your suggestions? Do you think the 4400mah iStick would offer me enough vaping time or should I hold out for a dual battery mod (and if so, which one)? Would a dual battery mod really last that much longer or not, and if so, would it be best for vaping time if the batteries where stacked or parallel?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. :)

~ evenstill

Hi,

Welcome. I'll keep this brief. My 20 watt i Stick gives me anywhere from 1.5 to 2 days on average of battery life more than any of my other mods with replaceable batteries. The 50 watt i Stick being released at the end of the month will have a 4400 milliamp battery which is a lot of energy to keep you going for three days or more. If you want a simple hassle free device that will give you a wide range of power options, good battery life, comfortable feel and ease in transport, then the i Stick would be your best option for internal batteries. If you want to invest in batteries, chargers, carrying spares wherever you go, then a replaceable battery mod is your best option. I use both depending on the situation. If I'm going out of town for leisure or business then I prefer to have a powerful built in battery that will last. If around the house or going out for a short walk or social function then I prefer a replaceable battery. For replaceable battery mods I would look into the Elvt 2.0 or SMY God Mod, both will allow you to dial down to 7 watts and both include the option to sub ohm at low resistance. i Stick 50 watt will run you $50, Elvt 2.0 $65, and God Mod for $100. I know what works for me. You have to decide what is most important to you. Consider your budget, what you're willing to spend and what your primary needs are. Best wishes.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here you go....

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2660

And with the newer versions, the decals are included and you don't have to apply them.

And I also found a review for you....................

http://stevevape.com/ron-reviews-hardware-dovopo-emech-v3/

I presume you own one? I like the features, but not the device. I ain't digging the Transformer thing, and the size is a bit turn offish for me. None the less, looks like a great device for someone starting out, or someone that wants a 30 watt device and likes the features.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I presume you own one? I like the features, but not the device. I ain't digging the Transformer thing, and the size is a bit turn offish for me. None the less, looks like a great device for someone starting out, or someone that wants a 30 watt device and likes the features.

I actually do own one. Without the decals. I know it looks funky with all the angles but it does fit my hand nicely.

But to each their own,

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im about price and simplicity..I hear the i stick and the Innokin MVP devices are 2 of the best lower cost boxes but not without amazing quality built i to them..I currently have a mvp 20 watt version in transit to po box as it will be my first step up from the ego batteries.

If battery life is a concern a 2600mah battery in the mvp 20 watt models are reporting a good 3 days before needing charged and this is if you vape constant...Seems you are much like myself and dont feel the need to vape at such wattage and stay in the 8 to10 watt range as i most likely will.

I cant give my personal review on the mvp 20w as of just yet but you really dont see any bad reviews on them except from maybe the most hardcore of vapers who like alot more power ..but not really a "bad" review from them..they just want to see more power and a fat daddys 510 connector on them..lol.....Other than that a huge majority have zero complaints with them...You can fire down to 1.0 ohm with 20 watts...some report it firing a .8 ohm but i would stay within a 1.5 or higher ohm for great battery life...My guess is ,vape at 8 watts and you can very well see a full 3 days possibly into a 4th day before needing charged.

This is not your standard "removeable" type battery but if you have any soldering skills at all you can replace it after you deplete its battery cycle life of about 500 cycles,or well into a years use...so its not really a throw away device if you dont mind a little work to replace the battery.

I was able to pick up my MVP 20 watt up for $31.99 shipped from from ecig avenue.com using a "20watt" discount coupon code..that knocked $18.00 off the normal retail price they are selling for in most places.

Good luck in deciding what you are after...took me a lot of research to determine what i thought would suit me best for the money.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't stand the 20w istick, but the review I just watched on a prototype of the 50w istick looks like it might actually be a winner. If the finished product is tightened up a little, it could work very well for a whole bunch of folks. Could be exactly what you're looking for OP. Should be out soon.

Btw- spring loaded pin, no 22mm atty overhang, 4400mah battery, fire down to .2
Couldn't tell if 510 threads are stainless steel. If they are and they fixed the crap regulation..... :)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Loving my original istick, but everybody's needs are different. I get like 2 full days of vaping on mine between recharges, and right now its the only mod I have so I've used it passthru a lot with no issues. All that said if you're going to be away from power sources for extended periods of time swapping batteries may be a better option. I've charged & vaped the istick in the car with 0 issues, just make sure u have a good length cable and you're good to go. That brings me again to the thought way off topic of who buys a drv for $70 u can only vape off the 12v in your car? My istick does that just fine with a decent charger.

Thank you all for the great feedback. after reading your posts (and a little more info) it sounds like a dual battery mod would indeed fit my battery life needs better (although I may pick up a 50W iStick too). Do any of you have any thoughts on the new ipv4 being released soon? It looks like they fixed many of the complaints about the ipv3. Also, the ipv mini v2 looks interesting.

~ evenstill

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone I've ever seen that owned an ipv and a sigelei preferred the sigelei. The sig 100watt plus has very good reviews.

VU Sponsors