Become a Patron!

Mixing Recipes

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Getting ready to mix up my first recipe today and was just curious how much you all mix to sample the recipes. With the flavors I have on hand the only recipe I can find that I can make is HIC's Cocoa Cookies. Is this an easy one for a beginner? How many ml do you all make to sample? I was thinking like 4 or 5 ml, but when I put the percentages in the calculator on some of the flavors it says .02 ml or zero drops. Just not sure how to proceed. thanks...

Reactions: Edd

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I usually do make a 5ml sample. 10ml is easier, but if you're using a syringe, that .02 isn't hard to hit on a 5ml.
Thanks for the rapid reply Huck... Had to run to Lowes real quick to grab some gloves, I'll check the 5ml syringe when I get home.
Ummm although how do I get the syringe into the little flavor bottles? Lol...

Reactions: Edd

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those dripper tips pop off pretty easily, usually. If it's not the skinny tip, you can jam the blunt tip down in there, but it can cause them to leak when sat on it's side. If it's the skinny tip drip top, then put the blunt tip inside the tip of the nozzle, invert the bottle like a doc draws a liquid. @Roundhouse posted that little tidbit and we all had a face palm moment, lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Another thought is, if you have the average size dropper tops on your flavors (in my own experience), not the skinny ones, if you make
3ml sample - 1 drop is 1%
6ml sample - 1 drop is 0.5%
12ml sample - 1 drop is 0.25%
That's from @HeadInClouds.

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the advice Hick. All my FA flavors have the orange skinny tips I'm not sure what gauge blunt tips I got. The TFA flavors are the little clear plastic bottles. I did a drop of each earlier and the look like bigger drops from the TFA bottles. I'll be home shortly and give everything a shot.... Scary.... Lol

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled the plunger out of the syringe and put my finger on the end. Then I dripped flavoring into the syringe counting the drops to 1 mil. I don't know if it's the right way haha but it's gotta be close to get your drops per mil. I only did it for flavors with different drip tips. In other words I got around 70 flavors from eliquidmart so I only measured on flavor for drops and assumed all the others are close to the same. I got more from ECX that had two different drip tips so I measured one of each of those.

Yeah and just like Huck says you will have to change your drops per mil in the calculator as most are default to 20. My bottles or drips were all over the place from 40 to 48 to 60 lol. That's only if your going to use drops if you're going to use syringes why then drops no longer matter :) Good Luck you're gonna be addicted now!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Another thought is, if you have the average size dropper tops on your flavors (in my own experience), not the skinny ones, if you make
3ml sample - 1 drop is 1%
6ml sample - 1 drop is 0.5%
12ml sample - 1 drop is 0.25%
That's from @HeadInClouds.

Top secret, high tech addendum. You know those needle-tip bottles that make tiny drops? And you know those miniature brass paper clips? If you jam one in a needle tip, then remove it, the needle-tip now makes 33drops/ml, just like purevapes little flavor bottles. It has to be the little brass paperclips; the silver ones are the wrong size. HIC solution, lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Top secret, high tech addendum. You know those needle-tip bottles that make tiny drops? And you know those miniature brass paper clips? If you jam one in a needle tip, then remove it, the needle-tip now makes 33drops/ml, just like purevapes little flavor bottles. It has to be the little brass paperclips; the silver ones are the wrong size. HIC solution, lol.

You were keeping this little gem a secret? LOL Where on earth do you find brass paperclips?!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
You were keeping this little gem a secret? LOL Where on earth do you find brass paperclips?!

Is that a pun? I think that box of paperclips is actually named "little gems". Office supply stores all have them.
um...I use different kinds of paperclips to organize (work) paperwork. I have an office supply obsession.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that a pun? I think that box of paperclips is actually named "little gems". Office supply stores all have them.
um...I use different kinds of paperclips to organize (work) paperwork. I have an office supply obsession.

haha - I have pink ones? Wonder if they'll work LOL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Getting ready to mix up my first recipe today and was just curious how much you all mix to sample the recipes. With the flavors I have on hand the only recipe I can find that I can make is HIC's Cocoa Cookies. Is this an easy one for a beginner? How many ml do you all make to sample? I was thinking like 4 or 5 ml, but when I put the percentages in the calculator on some of the flavors it says .02 ml or zero drops. Just not sure how to proceed. thanks...

Yoda, do you want the really easy way to do it?
It's this recipe, right?
3% FA Cocoa
1% FACookie
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

0.5% = 1 drop, so do this: 6 dr Cocoa, 2 dr Cookie, 1 dr Brown Sugar Extra, 1 dr Caramel, 1 dr Vienna.
Now add enough nic base to end up with 6ml of finished liquid. Done.

(someone will probably object and talk about the size of the drop, yada-yada -- but it will work fine, I promise.)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought more than a hundred 3,6 and 10 mL bottles, measured the drops, and every size came out to 25. Now that I've been using them a while they tend to average 0 drops but I've got a golden plated safety pin I pierce the nozzle with and call it 33.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I bought more than a hundred 3,6 and 10 mL bottles, measured the drops, and every size came out to 25. Now that I've been using them a while they tend to average 0 drops but I've got a golden plated safety pin I pierce the nozzle with and call it 33.

Why are they 0? I don't get it. Clogged, you mean?

25 drops/ml is excellent, though. With those, 1 drop in 4 ml = 1%, and 1 drop in 8ml = 0.5%

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not clogged yet not completely open on all of them. Too slow for filling a tank, probably from VG. I measured the drops with water.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This was my second successful recipe ever, so I would say go for it! I have to check, but I thought it only had four ingredients? Ok, I don't have my notes with me, but I know I liked it for its simplicity. Perhaps there was a simplified version posted in the FA thread at some point? In any case, it was wonderful, very satisfying, and the first time I ever tasted actual COCOA flavor in a vape. I think it's been said, but it comes through best at very low voltage.

HIC's Swiss Bliss, however, is EVEN simpler - 3 ingredients (one is acetyl pyrazine) ready to vape in a few minutes, and so delicious.

Thanks for all the advice Hick. All my FA flavors have the orange skinny tips I'm not sure what gauge blunt tips I got. The TFA flavors are the little clear plastic bottles. I did a drop of each earlier and the look like bigger drops from the TFA bottles. I'll be home shortly and give everything a shot.... Scary.... Lol

It's downright remarkable how fast it gets less scary once you start doing it--especially if you're like me and tend to overthink things to the point of paralysis. Please tell how it comes out!

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yoda, do you want the really easy way to do it?
It's this recipe, right?
3% FA Cocoa
1% FACookie
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

0.5% = 1 drop, so do this: 6 dr Cocoa, 2 dr Cookie, 1 dr Brown Sugar Extra, 1 dr Caramel, 1 dr Vienna.
Now add enough nic base to end up with 6ml of finished liquid. Done.

(someone will probably object and talk about the size of the drop, yada-yada -- but it will work fine, I promise.)

Thanks for all the info HIC, I made up a 15 ml batch before you posted this. I think I got a little too much cookie in it, but still pretty good. I just need more practice mixing. My taste buds are pretty screwed up from smoking, and I usually only vape menthols, red hot cinnamon or spearmint. I'm really looking forward to trying your purple cow!!! I remember having those way back in elementary school, loved them... :D

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This was my second successful recipe ever, so I would say go for it! I have to check, but I thought it only had four ingredients? Ok, I don't have my notes with me, but I know I liked it for its simplicity. Perhaps there was a simplified version posted in the FA thread at some point? In any case, it was wonderful, very satisfying, and the first time I ever tasted actual COCOA flavor in a vape. I think it's been said, but it comes through best at very low voltage.

HIC's Swiss Bliss, however, is EVEN simpler - 3 ingredients (one is acetyl pyrazine) ready to vape in a few minutes, and so delicious.

It's downright remarkable how fast it gets less scary once you start doing it--especially if you're like me and tend to overthink things to the point of paralysis. Please tell how it comes out!

thanks for all the positivity.... I think my mix came out okay, I have nothing to compare it to, but its not gross.... lol....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I've enjoyed reading about your journey. So glad you're enjoying yourself.

VU Sponsors