Become a Patron!

Mixing Guide?

2ndAmendNut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having a hard time locating a guide on how to actually create my e juice. Is there one out there I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus so please excuse the typos!

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have a look on the recipe section or tips and tricks section but to be fair its a bit of trial and error and depends on which sources you get your nic vg pg and flavors from. With % of the mixing.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a true believer in doing the research for DIY. I simply read everything that was available to me at the time. I read stuff for months before I bought anything. Once I ordered stuff, I kept reading.

Things you'll find in the DIY section here:
Who to buy from.
Opinions of brands of flavor concentrates and where to get those.
What, if any, calculator other mixers use.
What supplies do others use to mix/measure with.
Opinions on best nic suppliers.
How to store nic.
Testing nic levels, if you choose to.
Proper storage of finished juice.
Base mixing.
Suggested recipes to get you started on your own journey, plust it's a great way to build flavor supply, based on what you think you'll like.

With that said, it's an ongoing thing. I'm still learning. VU wasn't around when I started, but those same people that I learned from are here now! Right now is the best time to learn, imo. There's a lot of talent here.

Good luck. Don't let it get overwhelming. That's why we're all here.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where would we be with our HIC? Seriously. Smart, talented mixer, more generous that most people I know. HIC's interest is in helping the DIYer develop good tasting stuff and keep off cigarettes, while also supplying us with tasty vapes til we get there.

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need to try his vanilla Chai tea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@secondamendnut
I was in the same boat as you about 6 weeks ago.

I started with empty left over bottles. I washed those out to have something to mix in.
I had several syringes I got from the vet and pharmacy laying around that have 0.1ml graduations. the marks wear off quick but they work great to get started

The most important thing is your nic
the 2 most popular sources on here are vaperstek /www.vaperstek.org and wizard labs http://wizardlabs.us/
many say vaperstek is cleaner and flavors pop more with it. Many say wizards is peppery but many swear by it.

What brand of flavors you get will depend on what your trying to make
the most popular on here is Flavor art abbreviated FA

The next 2 most popular flavoring brands are capellas (CAP) and The Flavoring Apprentice (TFA)

IMHO if you want true fruit tasting flavors get FA if you want candy tasty fruit flavors get CAP or TFA. Cant speak on other type of flavors. But FA does most flavors amazingly.

Also they are more concentrated so you need less so it works out to be cheaper

Search for recipes you want to try and see what they use.

Then go to bullcityvapor.com you can order most flavor brands, og and vg there prices are great shipping is great service is great

also be sure to visit http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ for their premade flavor concentrates. Once again price service and shipping is great

You can also get pg/vg and some brands of flavors from wizard labs

To figure out how much of a flavor you need
look at recipes on here for starting points

Always mix each flavor individually first to find your preferred percentage for FA flavors start at 1% and add more till its too strong.
SO make a 3 ml bottle at 1% put it in a tank test it. not strong enough? add 3 or 4 drops to the tank, still not strong enough? Add 3 or 4 more drops. consider each add about .5%

once you get it where you want make another 3ml at the new percentage and test
Now you know what percentage that flavor tastes good to you
MAKE A NOTE OF THAT

if your using other brands then FA start at 5% instead of 1%

Make NOTES lots of notes

what works for me may not work for you

now you will also need a calculator
i use this one
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ceu7kr789fq5wdt/Lmw4X_Xg9j
its a little overwhelming at first
so you could use a simple online one like http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

so basically what you do is this
get yourself a clean empty bottle, your syringe,pg,vg,nic and load the calculator

fill in the blanks in the calculator
follow its measurements
I start with flavor then add pg/vg/and nic
but it dont matter

close your bottle and shake and vape. some flavors will not change over time like fruits, but tobacco flavors will change as they age so you may have to let them sit for a few days and keep trying them

once you start mixing flavors together you want to shoot for about 5% total flavor with FA and 10-15% on other brands
if the total amount you like of each flavor is more then that
reduce them all equally to start with, you can adjust individual flavors as you experiment.

its really not hard, just frustrating, time consuming and sometimes money intensive if you buy a bunch of flavors you dislike. BUt in the ned its cheaper and more satisfying because you will eventually make flavors of your own that are better then store bought ones or find recipes on here that you love more then store bought ones

one trick when testing flavors for percentages you like, leave out the nicotine, save it for your finished product

the next step is to continue trial and error till you find what works for you.

once you get the hang of it, you may find you hate syringes and the fact the marks wear off, and to mix in small test batches its hard to measure such small amounts of flavors. then you will ant to spend 20-40 ona decent digital scale and do things by weight which is slightly different convo but same thing, you just have to learn how much stuff weighs which is really easy

Ask more questions we will answer. I asked plenty 6 weeks or so ago and am doing fine thanks to everyone

2ndAmendNut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@secondamendnut
I was in the same boat as you about 6 weeks ago.

I started with empty left over bottles. I washed those out to have something to mix in.
I had several syringes I got from the vet and pharmacy laying around that have 0.1ml graduations. the marks wear off quick but they work great to get started

The most important thing is your nic
the 2 most popular sources on here are vaperstek /www.vaperstek.org and wizard labs http://wizardlabs.us/
many say vaperstek is cleaner and flavors pop more with it. Many say wizards is peppery but many swear by it.

What brand of flavors you get will depend on what your trying to make
the most popular on here is Flavor art abbreviated FA

The next 2 most popular flavoring brands are capellas (CAP) and The Flavoring Apprentice (TFA)

IMHO if you want true fruit tasting flavors get FA if you want candy tasty fruit flavors get CAP or TFA. Cant speak on other type of flavors. But FA does most flavors amazingly.

Also they are more concentrated so you need less so it works out to be cheaper

Search for recipes you want to try and see what they use.

Then go to bullcityvapor.com you can order most flavor brands, og and vg there prices are great shipping is great service is great

also be sure to visit http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ for their premade flavor concentrates. Once again price service and shipping is great

You can also get pg/vg and some brands of flavors from wizard labs

To figure out how much of a flavor you need
look at recipes on here for starting points

Always mix each flavor individually first to find your preferred percentage for FA flavors start at 1% and add more till its too strong.
SO make a 3 ml bottle at 1% put it in a tank test it. not strong enough? add 3 or 4 drops to the tank, still not strong enough? Add 3 or 4 more drops. consider each add about .5%

once you get it where you want make another 3ml at the new percentage and test
Now you know what percentage that flavor tastes good to you
MAKE A NOTE OF THAT

if your using other brands then FA start at 5% instead of 1%

Make NOTES lots of notes

what works for me may not work for you

now you will also need a calculator
i use this one
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ceu7kr789fq5wdt/Lmw4X_Xg9j
its a little overwhelming at first
so you could use a simple online one like http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

so basically what you do is this
get yourself a clean empty bottle, your syringe,pg,vg,nic and load the calculator

fill in the blanks in the calculator
follow its measurements
I start with flavor then add pg/vg/and nic
but it dont matter

close your bottle and shake and vape. some flavors will not change over time like fruits, but tobacco flavors will change as they age so you may have to let them sit for a few days and keep trying them

once you start mixing flavors together you want to shoot for about 5% total flavor with FA and 10-15% on other brands
if the total amount you like of each flavor is more then that
reduce them all equally to start with, you can adjust individual flavors as you experiment.

its really not hard, just frustrating, time consuming and sometimes money intensive if you buy a bunch of flavors you dislike. BUt in the ned its cheaper and more satisfying because you will eventually make flavors of your own that are better then store bought ones or find recipes on here that you love more then store bought ones

one trick when testing flavors for percentages you like, leave out the nicotine, save it for your finished product

the next step is to continue trial and error till you find what works for you.

once you get the hang of it, you may find you hate syringes and the fact the marks wear off, and to mix in small test batches its hard to measure such small amounts of flavors. then you will ant to spend 20-40 ona decent digital scale and do things by weight which is slightly different convo but same thing, you just have to learn how much stuff weighs which is really easy

Ask more questions we will answer. I asked plenty 6 weeks or so ago and am doing fine thanks to everyone
Thanks so much for taking the time to explain all of this to me!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus so please excuse the typos!

VU Sponsors