Become a Patron!

Mixing For Others- What Do You Do?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't sell any juice but I do make some for family/friends at times.
In doing so I am not only trying to get the flavor just right for me but also for them.
This can be challenging at times.

My taste buds are just weird, no 2 ways about it!
Some flavors only take a small about to be overpowering to me, like espresso and cinnamon(FA). Others I can not taste at all such as FA butterscotch.

I have this figured out for me. I can now look at a recipe and know I need to cut that or I need to double (maybe triple :oops:) that. I guess I'd say I like medium strength on flavor. I don't want in your face but not real light either. It takes awhile to find that balance.

My sister in law on the other hand needs in your face juice. Something I think is light she can't taste at all and something good to me is very light for her. I just wondering if others experience this. Do you tailor your recipes for different people? Now that I have mine figured out I have decided to mostly double flavor for her. I'll take notes for hers as well and how that works for her.

I wouldn't want to do this for a large number of people! With everyone's taste being different this could be a full time job. o_O

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make juice for a few friends, but quite honestly I only make them the ones I like the way I like it. They taste mine, and then if they like it that's pretty much how I make it for them! For those who are recent ex-smokers and using clearos, I might increase the percentage a bit, but not a huge amount (perhaps up to 25%) The only thing I do differently is I make other people's juice in a 50/50 base (mine is more like 70/30) and usually use WL nic (mine is VT).

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That sounds good @AmandaD . I too use VT for me and WL for others.
I figured most people do as you do but if I did that for my sister in law, she wouldn't taste much.
She is the only one I really do this for but it gets to be crazy at times.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess if it was just one person I might go the extra mile and double the flavor - but I do know that some flavors taste funky at higher percentages, so I'd have to test them first. It would depend who it was LOL But I can't say I'd be comfortable doubling an FA recipe that started at 6 or 7%!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree and if it wasn't her, I wouldn't be doing it either.
I am the one that got her off cigarettes and vaping. She is a cancer survivor among other things and was still smoking. I will do whatever it takes to keep her vaping. We have such different tastes there is no way I'd vape what she does. I just have to keep adding flavor and taking notes for her as well as myself until I find her sweet spot too.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I do this frequently. My partner likes STRONG flavor and I just can't vape that much. Recipes we both like, I just mix a bottle of flavorings only and label it with the recipe name. I make two bottles of juice: lighter for me, omg-too-strong for my partner. It maintains harmony in the household.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do this frequently. My partner likes STRONG flavor and I just can't vape that much. Recipes we both like, I just mix a bottle of flavorings only and label it with the recipe name. I make two bottles of juice: lighter for me, omg-too-strong for my partner. It maintains harmony in the household.

That is probably exactly what I need to do once I get things nailed down.
I think your partner and her would like the same strength. :eek:

It is such an ordeal keeping flavors somewhat organized so I can find what I need that it was hard to make more flavor bottles (mixed flavors).
I will have to get another bin just for flavors for recipes premixed I suppose. :oops:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally make little 6ml vials of mixed flavorings. Except for my favorites for which I make 10-15! (Only really one of those actually).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I agree and if it wasn't her, I wouldn't be doing it either.
I am the one that got her off cigarettes and vaping. She is a cancer survivor among other things and was still smoking. I will do whatever it takes to keep her vaping. We have such different tastes there is no way I'd vape what she does. I just have to keep adding flavor and taking notes for her as well as myself until I find her sweet spot too.

You're a hero, Ld. :)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aw thanks HIC!
I don't think I am really... if it weren't for you and so many others here helping me it wouldn't be possible.
I am thankful and feel very blessed.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
when I first started making juice for people I felt the same way. I tried catering to everyone's taste buds. it was super hard to do that. I learned what everyone liked and actually learned kinda what the average vaper is looking for in a vape. what I started doing is just limiting choices kinda. I just started making juice and letting them sample from what I made. I dont always use flavor art for everyone. I have this one guy who I just batched up 300 mls for this weekend. I know my flavor art would be wasted on him. he likes pow pow in your face stuff so his was a inawera recipe, a capellas recipe and a flavor art recipe which is his favorite , he gets 100 ml every time. granted I have hundreds of recipes I only really make maybe 10 or 15 choices for other people. those choices change a lot also . helps me sort through the real keepers and the just ok ones.

VU Sponsors