Become a Patron!

Mile High Mods Nucleus v1.0

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured this mod needed a thread in regulated section rather than buried in the deals section. http://www.milehighmods.com/

Some of you may know I have been looking at this mod for a while. I kept up with production and when ppl started getting their mods I began to inquire about their impressions and how the mods performed. So after a fair amount of possibly annoying questions to other owners I figured I needed to have one of these in my hands, and that is what ever other owner told me as we lol. So here is my impression of the Mile High Mods, Nucleus v1.0

Before receiving this mod and through my inquiries I knew that the first thing people are surprised with when it comes to the Nucleus is the actual size. This is a large mod, large enough that it could have probably been fitted with a dual 26650 sled. Having done my homework this fact was not a deterrent to me though, and after having the mod in hand for a short while it just feels right in the hand. I suppose it is hard to predict current trends and no doubt the planning and development of the Nucleus occurred before the mini movement. Still this size imo does not take away from the mod at all as it is built just so rock solid, and without chip failure I foresee this mod outlast most any mod in my meager collection.

The Nucleus is fitted with a Yi-Hi SX350 chip and the mod functions flawlessly and is very consistent. The shell is a milled from solid aluminum with a magnetic back plate. Features a spring loaded 510 that has never missed a beat with any topper that I have put on the mod. The atomizer cutout is nice and large I believe the spec is 29.5 so large 26650 atomizers fit this mod without over hang or looking funny, in that regard the smaller atomizers look good as well. The internals in the Nucleus are very clean as well with nice tight wiring.

There was obvious attention to the details when this mod was created. This detail can be observed from the packaging and throughout the mod itself. I was concerned that with the price tag that there might have been buyer’s remorse as it is a higher priced mod, but that is not the case with this bad boy. Of course I understand that anything made here in the USA is going to be more expensive and at the time I was contemplating a dna 40 so the MHM mod falls into that price line of a dna 40 Hana. If anyone was looking at this mod they were having a 30 $ discount when I got this but I am not sure if the code Vaper4Life is still active or not.

Anyways not a review or anything I just wanted to give my impressions of the Nucleus from Mile High Mods and how I am very pleased to be an owner.
20150124_184756 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_184817 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_184848 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_185315 (576x1024).jpg 20150124_185750 (576x1024).jpg 20150124_185801 (576x1024).jpg 20150124_185816 (576x1024).jpg

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice device, looks stout, tough to lose. Still glad I jumped on my Hex, tho' dirt-simple, MUCH less expensive..and lifetime warranty. If I made fat money, I'd be trying to lay-one in.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice device, looks stout, tough to lose. Still glad I jumped on my Hex, tho' dirt-simple, MUCH less expensive..and lifetime warranty. If I made fat money, I'd be trying to lay-one in.
Thanks man the MHM is stout for sure.

I have a Hex v1 and it is a great device.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh wow those are beautiful. I'm gonna be up in Denver in a few months, if I can save up some $ I may just have to give them a call - I really want a box with more heft to it, my little XPRO BT50 feels like it gets lost in my hands (big hand problems lol).

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's awesome! I'm glad it's a good mod. I live 30 minutes or so from where they're made, so I've been following these since that initial thread. I really want one, it's just a bit out of my price range for now. If I get one, I'm gonna see if they'll let me pick it up at their place of business. Would be cool to check out.

Congrats man, i might bother you with some questions at some point if I get one. Check on durability and all.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow those are beautiful. I'm gonna be up in Denver in a few months, if I can save up some $ I may just have to give them a call - I really want a box with more heft to it, my little XPRO BT50 feels like it gets lost in my hands (big hand problems lol).
This definitely fits that criteria. If you do ever end up pulling the trigger no doubt you will be thrilled.

That's awesome! I'm glad it's a good mod. I live 30 minutes or so from where they're made, so I've been following these since that initial thread. I really want one, it's just a bit out of my price range for now. If I get one, I'm gonna see if they'll let me pick it up at their place of business. Would be cool to check out.

Congrats man, i might bother you with some questions at some point if I get one. Check on durability and all.
Thanks.

That is cool, hell yeah if I lived close to them I would of wanted to do the same thing.

I hear ya, I mulled it over for a while myself.

No bother at all, ask anytime as that is what I did myself.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This definitely fits that criteria. If you do ever end up pulling the trigger no doubt you will be thrilled.

Thanks.

That is cool, hell yeah if I lived close to them I would of wanted to do the same thing.

I hear ya, I mulled it over for a while myself.

No bother at all, ask anytime as that is what I did myself.
It would be like the program that BMW offers to come pick the car up at the factory. Then you get a week or two of driving it through Europe, and the Autobahn, drop it off at the port, and it meets you home. This would be a lot cheaper, though, and not quite as cool. Lol.

You have an iPV3 if I remember correctly, and like it, as do I. That definitely makes me trust your opinion. Enjoy, I'm jealous. Was just on the site, I wanted to get one SOOO badly. Can't right now, though.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one and have no regrets whatsoever about purchasing it. I've got a vapewell 26650 Dripper on mine and it works great, massive airflow if you want. Clouds, Bra, Clouds....

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I debated holding off on the iPV3 and getting one of these, but it was a gift, and I don't regret it at all. I would be damn close to affording one now, though. I want to rock my Colorado pride, and obviously have a badass solid device. I might email them, see what they have planned chip wise in the future. If they know what's coming next, and it suits me, I might just use that as something to save towards.

Glad you guys are enjoying these, it's awesome to know I can get a great mod built practically in my backyard, I'm in Boulder once a month or more, generally, too.

Can you let us know how the well the battery door fits onto the body? The pics on the website make it look like the battery door doesn't fit well. But it's hard to say with the bad lighting and goofy blur filter they use on every product image on the website.

It is also odd they don't list the size specs on the product detail page, especially considering how tall it is. Website issues aside it does look like a nice device.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be like the program that BMW offers to come pick the car up at the factory. Then you get a week or two of driving it through Europe, and the Autobahn, drop it off at the port, and it meets you home. This would be a lot cheaper, though, and not quite as cool. Lol.

You have an iPV3 if I remember correctly, and like it, as do I. That definitely makes me trust your opinion. Enjoy, I'm jealous. Was just on the site, I wanted to get one SOOO badly. Can't right now, though.
Yep I have an ipv3 and it is still a good device and so far to date has never let me down in performance. The ipv3 is on a different level than the MHM imo though with its construction but both mods serve their purpose and they both have their place.

Can you let us know how the well the battery door fits onto the body? The pics on the website make it look like the battery door doesn't fit well. But it's hard to say with the bad lighting and goofy blur filter they use on every product image on the website.

It is also odd they don't list the size specs on the product detail page, especially considering how tall it is. Website issues aside it does look like a nice device.
It fits well but there is a slight overhang at the curve of the frame, the back enclosure does not stick up but instead appears recessed a bit due to the frame at the curve. I can post a closeup pic tomorrow afternoon so you can see what I am talking about. I have found that since these are strong magnets the best way to remove the back lid is to slide it towards the curve and the door just slides right off without wrestling it on or off.

As to the size I will have to measure it to tell you that info but it is a larger mod both in height and in the thickness. Maybe Zamazam measured it previously. Like I said I knew this going in but with the small mod craze it might be a deterrent to some, but it was not to me after discussing the mod with owners. I know one guy was put off initially from the size and then after having it in hand for a bit he said he had no idea he even needed a mod this size before, so like any mod it all comes down to personal preference.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I figured this mod needed a thread in regulated section rather than buried in the deals section. http://www.milehighmods.com/

Some of you may know I have been looking at this mod for a while. I kept up with production and when ppl started getting their mods I began to inquire about their impressions and how the mods performed. So after a fair amount of possibly annoying questions to other owners I figured I needed to have one of these in my hands, and that is what ever other owner told me as we lol. So here is my impression of the Mile High Mods, Nucleus v1.0

Before receiving this mod and through my inquiries I knew that the first thing people are surprised with when it comes to the Nucleus is the actual size. This is a large mod, large enough that it could have probably been fitted with a dual 26650 sled. Having done my homework this fact was not a deterrent to me though, and after having the mod in hand for a short while it just feels right in the hand. I suppose it is hard to predict current trends and no doubt the planning and development of the Nucleus occurred before the mini movement. Still this size imo does not take away from the mod at all as it is built just so rock solid, and without chip failure I foresee this mod outlast most any mod in my meager collection.

The Nucleus is fitted with a Yi-Hi SX350 chip and the mod functions flawlessly and is very consistent. The shell is a milled from solid aluminum with a magnetic back plate. Features a spring loaded 510 that has never missed a beat with any topper that I have put on the mod. The atomizer cutout is nice and large I believe the spec is 29.5 so large 26650 atomizers fit this mod without over hang or looking funny, in that regard the smaller atomizers look good as well. The internals in the Nucleus are very clean as well with nice tight wiring.

There was obvious attention to the details when this mod was created. This detail can be observed from the packaging and throughout the mod itself. I was concerned that with the price tag that there might have been buyer’s remorse as it is a higher priced mod, but that is not the case with this bad boy. Of course I understand that anything made here in the USA is going to be more expensive and at the time I was contemplating a dna 40 so the MHM mod falls into that price line of a dna 40 Hana. If anyone was looking at this mod they were having a 30 $ discount when I got this but I am not sure if the code Vaper4Life is still active or not.

Anyways not a review or anything I just wanted to give my impressions of the Nucleus from Mile High Mods and how I am very pleased to be an owner.
View attachment 13851 View attachment 13852 View attachment 13853 View attachment 13854 View attachment 13855 View attachment 13856 View attachment 13857
very nice

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am intrigued, but this looks long to me. How tall is it? And how much does it cost hun? :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am intrigued, but this looks long to me. How tall is it? And how much does it cost hun? :)
Nikki, it is 4 & 7/8" tall. and the list price on the website is 266.00 when I got it there was a promotional discount of 30 $.

Obviously the mod will not appeal to everyone some for size, some for price, and some for what other various reason. For those that it does appeal to though it is freaking awesome lol.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a cool site that does some cool sx 350's saw them on ebay to follow to their web page only 225.00
very nice I think a bit strange of a acid washed case but that can always be redone

http://iconicmods.com/gallery.html
4708143.jpg

1421533632.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nikki, it is 4 & 7/8" tall. and the list price on the website is 266.00 when I got it there was a promotional discount of 30 $.

Obviously the mod will not appeal to everyone some for size, some for price, and some for what other various reason. For those that it does appeal to though it is freaking awesome lol.

Its nice looking, I like the gunmetal and clear colors .. it is a little tall, but handsome. It has the same style as one of Limwell's new "original" designs, but err I am sure this mod prolly came first ;-)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If you review it, I'd be happy to pick it up for you and have it get "lost by USPS", I mean, sent out to you. ;)

LOL .. I was got excited when I read "I'd be happy to pick it up for you" :p Somebody get me some contact info, so I can sweet talk somebody because I need to review this! :D

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I missed it, but built in usb charger? Looking for some thing to piss away some tax refund money on, and this is looking like a strong contender. LOVE the yihi chip. Hey @Zamazam you got a quick review? Was looking at the vaporflask clone to save a few bucks, but this looks like "fuck it it's only money" nice.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never mind, looks like it's right there under the up and down buttons. Still like to hear from some owners though. Always leary of first gen stuff from New companies. Look at all those satisfied VF owners:cool:

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Never mind, looks like it's right there under the up and down buttons. Still like to hear from some owners though. Always leary of first gen stuff from New companies. Look at all those satisfied VF owners:cool:
From a sheer 'toughness' standpoint, the VaporFlask seems pretty rugged, the MHM seems fucking tough..

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sorry for the delayed response I tried to get some shots but it is harder than it sounds with my crappy S4 lol You can see the slight overhang at the curve, also the pic with the magnets makes it sort of look like the magnet is raised but it is not. The 510 pic I just tossed in there because it was on my comp.

20150206_121115 (1024x576).jpg 20150206_121127 (1024x576).jpg 20150206_121345 (1024x576).jpg 20150206_121353 (1024x576).jpg

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its nice looking, I like the gunmetal and clear colors .. it is a little tall, but handsome. It has the same style as one of Limwell's new "original" designs, but err I am sure this mod prolly came first ;-)
I had to google it. Looks kind of like a Zero MHM Gi2 mash up.

LOL .. I was got excited when I read "I'd be happy to pick it up for you" :p Somebody get me some contact info, so I can sweet talk somebody because I need to review this! :D
lol

Maybe I missed it, but built in usb charger? Looking for some thing to piss away some tax refund money on, and this is looking like a strong contender. LOVE the yihi chip. Hey @Zamazam you got a quick review? Was looking at the vaporflask clone to save a few bucks, but this looks like "fuck it it's only money" nice.
The usb port is used for chip updates. Would be used for a charging port if it was a 60w version I believe.

When I was trying to find other owners to pick the minds of I started a thread on "another forum" and came across a couple owners there http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/639063-looking-nucleus-mile-high-mods.html @Zamazam gave a quick first impressions review in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/thread...sx-350-box-mod-made-in-usa.24504/#post-249303 @dasfast gave his first impressions in that thread as well.

From a sheer 'toughness' standpoint, the VaporFlask seems pretty rugged, the MHM seems fucking tough..
As Zamazam told me when I was inquiring about it 'I think you could probably run it over with a fucking truck and it would keep on firing away'. Not an exact quote but close enough as that is the gist lol.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cigarettes need not be 'tough', available at any c-store..but a device to replace cigarettes..had better be tough, reliable, get good battery mileage, have juice available...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cigarettes need not be 'tough', available at any c-store..but a device to replace cigarettes..had better be tough, reliable, get good battery mileage, have juice available...
why would a device have juice available that makes no freaking sense

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So just picked.one of these up in the green. Bamavapor has them for 199 free shipping. Probably like 10 or so left total.so chop chop if you want one. FC and Zamazam know quality devices so it they say it's worth it at 266, a total steal at 199 I think.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So just picked.one of these up in the green. Bamavapor has them for 199 free shipping. Probably like 10 or so left total.so chop chop if you want one. FC and Zamazam know quality devices so it they say it's worth it at 266, a total steal at 199 I think.
That's a great price. Semi local for me too. Next time I am down that way I will have to pop into their store to see what else they sell. Congrats on the purchase, and for tracking down a great deal. looking forward to your take on this bad boy as I really enjoy mine.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their site has lots of quality items, several at really solid prices looks like. Betcha their shop must be a good place for a vape and to look at a bunch of shit that will make one broke! Think this will be great for my needs, wish it had usb charging, but really looking forward to having it. Love the yihi chip. How are you finding finish? Hoping it's better than the VS.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their site has lots of quality items, several at really solid prices looks like. Betcha their shop must be a good place for a vape and to look at a bunch of shit that will make one broke! Think this will be great for my needs, wish it had usb charging, but really looking forward to having it. Love the yihi chip. How are you finding finish? Hoping it's better than the VS.
I will have to pop into that shop next time I am down that way.

Yeah no usb charging with the 100w mode but not a issue for me. As far as the finish I have not had any issues, and the finish looks just like it did when I got it, but I would imagine the only real finish issues would be on the made in usa text on the bottom over time. I did notice though that Vapor Skins has the MHM listed on their site as wrap options and was considering a clear carbon fiber.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So got mines today! Green #029 You already know what I'm gonna say as a first impression, so ill just skip that and vape on this for the night and post up an opinion later. Dude a wrap for this gotta look like an 8x10 for Christ sake!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So got mines today! Green #029 You already know what I'm gonna say as a first impression, so ill just skip that and vape on this for the night and post up an opinion later. Dude a wrap for this gotta look like an 8x10 for Christ sake!
Get a vapewell 26650 dripper for it. They were made for each other at 65watts.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I was gonna ask about a tank.or something that looks.like it belongs on there. Full size lemo just doesnt cut it, and forget a r91.My goblin less than adequate. I got this for work, which is driving a truck, so hoping to find a solid rebundable tank. However I am in the market for my first dripper, for around the house, so thx for the suggestion, I will definitely look at it. This puppy has a lot I really like, and a few things I'm less than happy about, so I want to hug on it for a full day before I shoot my big fucking mouth off about it!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I was looking at! I'm stopping by one.of.the local bm today, will pick one up if not.too expensive( and in stock too I guess)Looks like somewhere in the 50 range is about average, but ill go a bit up to support a local. Was looking at that vapewell also. I'm gonna have to.watch some vids o see what looks doable for my dumb ass as far.as.builds and whatnot but definitely the first one I'm looking at. Nucleus with a big budda---People are.gonna think I just stole Andre the Giants vape or I'm trying to compensate for something! My 2¢ review coming tonight. Thx @Zamazam And belated condolences as.well.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I was gonna ask about a tank.or something that looks.like it belongs on there. Full size lemo just doesnt cut it, and forget a r91.My goblin less than adequate. I got this for work, which is driving a truck, so hoping to find a solid rebundable tank. However I am in the market for my first dripper, for around the house, so thx for the suggestion, I will definitely look at it. This puppy has a lot I really like, and a few things I'm less than happy about, so I want to hug on it for a full day before I shoot my big fucking mouth off about it!
I am looking into that dripper that was mentioned by Zamazam myself.

I too used it for a bit before I made this thread so I understand. Criticism is not a bad thing especially in a forum setting such as this since it gives ppl reading this what to be be aware of when considering gear. There is no perfect mod imo as every mod I have that I use daily may be good or even awesome but still has some pros and some cons. When it comes to this mod my only complaint really is the size, but I knew the size and knew that before commitment. I don't take it out and about to much and it has it's spot on the coaster in the house.

As far as tanks go I think the full sized Sub Tank looks good on it as well, and would look even better if the o-rings were changed to a green, but the big Buddha no doubt fits her well I just don't have one.

20150306_083137.jpg

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The vapewell is a nice RDA. You can open it up and breathe through it, more than enough airflow, you can also choke it down to mouth to lung hits. I built a .2 Ohm dual parallel coil with 24 gauge and ran it up to 100 watts to see how well it chucked clouds. It put out massive, massive clouds, a bit hot for me, but the atty barely warmed up because the airflow travels downwards to the coils from the top section and out 2 huge slots that blast the coils with air. The effect is that I can chain vape this bad boy at 60 watts and it barely gets warm. It's a unique and cool design.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am looking into that dripper that was mentioned by Zamazam myself.

I too used it for a bit before I made this thread so I understand. Criticism is not a bad thing especially in a forum setting such as this since it gives ppl reading this what to be be aware of when considering gear. There is no perfect mod imo as every mod I have that I use daily may be good or even awesome but still has some pros and some cons. When it comes to this mod my only complaint really is the size, but I knew the size and knew that before commitment. I don't take it out and about to much and it has it's spot on the coaster in the house.

As far as tanks go I think the full sized Sub Tank looks good on it as well, and would look even better if the o-rings were changed to a green, but the big Buddha no doubt fits her well I just don't have one.

View attachment 16285

I have one and am rocking it as I type the response. All I can say is get one. Massive juice capacity and great cloud generation. Dual coils at .3 just kick ass with my 90/10 dripping mix. Tonight it's my Pirate's Passion Rum and Cavendish tobacco DIY.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So after a.Full day with the nucleus, feel like I got a pretty good handl on what I personally think about it.Banged through a full lemo, a Russian, half a goblin so like 9 or 10 ml. As always, ymmv.
To.start, the obvious. This thing is absolutely fucking huge! I mean, when I opened the box, I thought they sent me the toy version, it looked almost comically large. But the size wasn't a surprise, but I was a bit shocked to see it for real. If you want a carry around all day mod, most definitely not for you.It is however quite light, no heavier than my sx mini l.So done with that.
What I do not like first, a fairly short, but to me a real list. First, no directions in box. Minor, but if you are new to the mod world, or are looking for some info on chip or whatever, it's just not there. Second, and this absolutely fucking infuriates me is mine has screws on battery cover not magnets. I thought they were all magnetic doors, but obviously not. And they are giant screws, so you can't even use your mini screwdriver that you use to build RBAs, you need one you use to build houses. Fucking bullshit. Just a stupid design I think.
There is a.very slight overhang on the top and bottem on the curved side of the battery panel, which should have been corrected by a spacer of some sort. Minor, but at two bills, I bought the right to be picky. The up and down buttons are the hana type, and I personally don't like those, but that's preference. And I thinks that's about it. Everything else falls on the plus side for me.
The build quality is absolutely top.shelf. Solid block aluminum, aside.from.the slight mis fit door, extremely well machined. The connections inside are tight, from.what I can see the soldering is very nice. There is nothing but quality inside, and with the parts as well. The fire button is one of the best I've ever used, and the fat daddy 510 is awesome, as always. I absolutely love the YIHI chip. Has it all over the evolv, and this one goes to 100w if you need it.
I bought this for work, need durable, dependable, and great battery life. Was using my VS, but had to change battery during day sometimes, and ain't nobody got time for that. There is probably nothing more durable out there now, and I love the dual batteries. This thing could have fit 26650s but whatever I used it all day and still have like most.of.tomm.left in the batteries. Quality wise, there is no doubt in my mind that this mod will certainly outlast me. Made in 'Merica which I like also.
Overall I am very happy with this mod and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a home or at.work type mod. It is not for out and about, however it is what I was looking for. Great mod for.what it is!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@2ndInCommand The first ones came with screws. @Zamazam 's came with screws. Mine came with magnets because it was after the switch. You should do like Zamazam did and contact the MHM through their website and they will probably send you what you need to do a slight modification to enjoy the magnet version. I have heard the ones with screws are some serious screws, no little dinky blue screwdriver will cut it and a real screwdriver is needed.

As far as the instructions if you have not tracked them down on the internet I can pm them to you or send it through an email as the instructions I was given came via email from MHM rather than in the box.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thx FC appreciate it. I'm a gonna track them down, just a minor thing, but for two beans, give me the 3 cent.pamphlet. They are a screw appropriate to the mod! Was gonna email them to see if there was a fix, so good to.know.they are on it. Like the customer support,.very accessible. By the way Big Budda for 34 bucks on MFS SCORE! Left.me with a few bucks to get a fancy wood drip tip!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx FC appreciate it. I'm a gonna track them down, just a minor thing, but for two beans, give me the 3 cent.pamphlet. They are a screw appropriate to the mod! Was gonna email them to see if there was a fix, so good to.know.they are on it. Like the customer support,.very accessible. By the way Big Budda for 34 bucks on MFS SCORE! Left.me with a few bucks to get a fancy wood drip tip!

I sent the instruction page I got to you in a message.

Yeah they are responsive ppl to deal with.

34 bucks on MFS? I'll check it out thanks for the heads up.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a.side.note, really fits nicely in hand for something of its size. Also.it's anodized in and out, which is nice. I hate that hammond look.with those cheesy bulby buttons, so this is a nice difference from.that.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sent the instruction page I got to you in a message.

Yeah they are responsive ppl to deal with.

34 bucks on MFS? I'll check it out thanks for the heads up.
Got it thanks man. 34 seemed like a.real.good deal for the budda.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey maybe you guys can help. I know @Zamazam has one. How are you wicking the big budda? I watched several vids, many had one wick going through both coils then a good amount of cotton in the area of the juices channels. However a British chap had two wicks, with one end in the area.of the juice channels, and the other wrapped.around into that u shaped area on the side of the deck.for each coil. Any info would be appreciated. Hate to have a leak with 10 ml in there.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey maybe you guys can help. I know @Zamazam has one. How are you wicking the big budda? I watched several vids, many had one wick going through both coils then a good amount of cotton in the area of the juices channels. However a British chap had two wicks, with one end in the area.of the juice channels, and the other wrapped.around into that u shaped area on the side of the deck.for each coil. Any info would be appreciated. Hate to have a leak with 10 ml in there.
Not having one I can't add much. I would experiment and not fill up the tank all the way to make sure you have good wicking so that you are not leaking.

VU Sponsors