Metal boxes

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I have a sigelei 100+ and a mutation x v2. I have used it for the past few months with out a problem. Well I picked up a tobeco plume veil and a steamboat. Both of the new attys have sporadic ohm readings while my mutation is fine. I think I narrowed it down where when you screw the atty down until it stops it touch the box. When I unscrew it a turn or so it works fine. Is there anything I can do to keep it from touching and not causing a short? Has only else has this same problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update: screwed the plume into an ohm reader and it bounced around from 1 ohm to 8 ohm. Removed then screwed in the mutation and it read at .45 ohm with no issue and no bouncing. Put that on the sigelei and screwed it in all the way until it stopped and it fired and I am getting amazing results from it as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Mephisto does that too, it pushes the spring loaded pin too far down and as a result the ohms go haywire.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But clean everything first, threads and 510 pins etc.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The metal of the box won't affect it. It could be a loose screw on one of your coils or the positive pin in the 510 on the atty could be loose or worn causing poor connection.
TT

VU Sponsors