jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That’s an OSS tine dagger reproduction made by Scott Foster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those used to be illegal to carry, but with the changes in the law can carry them all we want now. I want one of those.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those used to be illegal to carry, but with the changes in the law can carry them all we want now. I want one of those.

I always thought it was funny how strict the knife laws were down there, I’m mean it’s Texas dammit. Hoosiers just can’t have ballistic knives...which makes me want one even more.

Scott Foster has a group on fb called Foster Impact Devices, he and his brother make blackjacks, saps, and other fun stuff like the tine dagger. Scott is a k-9 police officer (I think in NC) and Todd is a butcher so it can be difficult getting stuff from them on occasion.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I always thought it was funny how strict the knife laws were down there, I’m mean it’s Texas dammit. Hoosiers just can’t have ballistic knives...which makes me want one even more.

Scott Foster has a group on fb called Foster Impact Devices, he and his brother make blackjacks, saps, and other fun stuff like the tine dagger. Scott is a k-9 police officer (I think in NC) and Todd is a butcher so it can be difficult getting stuff from them on occasion.

With the law change we can carry a Conan the Barbarian sword if we so desired.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shit I've been after a mrn stack, for months on end

Sent from Amchitka
I have nothing that I'm not willing toi trade for the right deal.
I have a a number of stacks - purges, vapercloudz, complyfe. MRN is a beast. It is solid, big and heavy though. For a sidefire button it is smooth as silk. No arcing. Instantaneous fire. Hits like a mac truck. Threading and machining is exceptional. Michael knows how to make mods for sure. I prefer it to my stacked purge slam.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have nothing that I'm not willing toi trade for the right deal.
I have a a number of stacks - purges, vapercloudz, complyfe. MRN is a beast. It is solid, big and heavy though. For a sidefire button it is smooth as silk. No arcing. Instantaneous fire. Hits like a mac truck. Threading and machining is exceptional. Michael knows how to make mods for sure. I prefer it to my stacked purge slam.
Oh you have the side fire , I like the reg version. I almost grabbed a mrn snake but went with the awesome drip junkie by AV.

Sent from Amchitka

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running full Complyfe setup today.
Its pouring out here in Simi Valley,CA

I used to hate the comp lyfe deck and caps because their was no flavour but, I figured it out. Gotta run coils at .10 or lower. Unless you run a vw box than yeah
80e4684a32edd7d928765f42f4e1b25f.jpg

Sent from Amchitka

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
yeah. and I hope its easier than the G class.

I am probably over thinking this thing. but want to play it safe.
The thing that I've found with single battery mechs is to keep it simple. No beefy coils to suck up electricity and slow down the ramp up time. Fused Clapton coils using 28g kanthal cores are pretty damn good, and if you have access to N80 or SS, then you'll get even faster ramp up. I know r055co prefers using 2x28/38 SS317L fused Claptons in his single battery mechs.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah. and I hope its easier than the G class.

I am probably over thinking this thing. but want to play it safe.
Playing it safe will be much more important with the VGod.

I just got into mechs a few months ago. Make sure you do some research and don't get impatient. Not playing it safe with mechs can be downright UNsafe,

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing that I've found with single battery mechs is to keep it simple. No beefy coils to suck up electricity and slow down the ramp up time. Fused Clapton coils using 28g kanthal cores are pretty damn good, and if you have access to N80 or SS, then you'll get even faster ramp up. I know r055co prefers using 2x28/38 SS317L fused Claptons in his single battery mechs.
I'm still learning, but this is definitely the case. Vaping mechs is a whole different thing from regulated devices. A lot more to learn, but man are they rewarding when you get pointed in the right direction.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you can build for a regulated mod, you can build for a mech. Once you figure out a setup that works for you, you are all set and can repeat that over and over again. NI80 or NI90 (which has fast become a favorite) can help you get a fast ramp and instant fire.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What I meant was, getting it wrong on a regulated device means it doesn't vape good. Getting it wrong on a mech can be much more serious.

It can be but if you test the build, and it is safe and within specs, you will be rewarded with vaping awesomeness.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can be but if you test the build, and it is safe and within specs, you will be rewarded with vaping awesomeness.

Of course I agree :)

Mechs are like any other grown up possession. A car, a firearm, _____________ .

Use them right and they are perfectly safe and serve a very useful purpose.

It's just that Jinxd freely admits to being a bit tech challenged and I know the excitement of wanting to try new vape stuff, so I'm urging some sober caution is all.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yep, I am a bit tech challenged, I will be the first to admit it.

the build in the 2 tanks was done by gadget. ohm out at .20 each.

I just watched a few vids.
I got the safety part, wraps, 510, etc.
but they didn't tell me what I wanted to know = how to hit them.
as I said, maybe I am over thinking. but I am figuring that they are somewhat different than a regulated. and I want to have a clue before I try it.

am I good with = putting a good, charged batt, juicing the tank(let it sit). then start with small hits ?

one thing I noticed with this mech. the thing is slippery, and the trigger is firm. can't really fix the slippery. is there a way to make the switch softer ? now, saying this, I have not "used" it = this may be a non issue.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

as I said, maybe I am over thinking. but I am figuring that they are somewhat different than a regulated. and I want to have a clue before I try it.

am I good with = putting a good, charged batt, juicing the tank(let it sit). then start with small hits ?

one thing I noticed with this mech. the thing is slippery, and the trigger is firm. can't really fix the slippery. is there a way to make the switch softer ? now, saying this, I have not "used" it = this may be a non issue.

I cant remember if the Vgod has magnets in it or not. You can always try removing one if so and there are 3 of them in there or swapping it with a spring.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running full Complyfe setup today.
Its pouring out here in Simi Valley,CA

I used to hate the comp lyfe deck and caps because their was no flavour but, I figured it out. Gotta run coils at .10 or lower. Unless you run a vw box than yeah
80e4684a32edd7d928765f42f4e1b25f.jpg

Sent from Amchitka

My sweet spot came down to .07 on Ni80

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant remember if the Vgod has magnets in it or not. You can always try removing one if so and there are 3 of them in there or swapping it with a spring.

I never liked the switches on those, too weird a feel to hand. The best switches on a tube for me are on the AV mods

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have two beater VGods in the house. The switches are the best part of the mod. Never misfire. Not too hard. Almost zero arcing.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice!!! That's totally acceptable at my house

Sent from Amchitka

Of course, then there’s the people who would start the never ending of Battery safety. Well, if it vents on you probably it happened deservingly. I mean, I’m still alive and kicking

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Got this TVL snubnose recently. #069. Still looking for a 21700 tube one kid these days. It offers a refreshing break from review items now and then.
7ed881b690b9ed2bbef70edf2501eafe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you want a 21700 TVL tube, I can make that happen.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Need to gain some funds first. I think my TVL choice would be a SS Jmax hourglass

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty one for sure. When you get to that point you want one let me know. Will take care of you.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

spring.

as it turns out, once I started using it, neither is a problem. I did not figure in that my pie hole would be helping me press the button.
all is good in Da hood. I have been using it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
spring.

as it turns out, once I started using it, neither is a problem. I did not figure in that my pie hole would be helping me press the button.
all is good in Da hood. I have been using it.
When the vape starts to weaken check the voltage on the battery in your Opus. At least for me, I never let mine get below like 3.5 before recharging .

Now you need a couple of THESE. Hardest hitting 18650 which is great for mechs.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanx again, man. just put em in my cart.

just check the batt, 4.08v
I've got some batteries I keep marked as singles so I don't divorce any of my pairs by using them as singles. The 20s is the go to 18650 for mech users right now. A bit less capacity. but alotta punch.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've got some batteries I keep marked as singles so I don't divorce any of my pairs by using them as singles. The 20s is the go to 18650 for mech users right now. A bit less capacity. but alotta punch.

I need to get a few more batts. but you know me, I am something of a procrastinator.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, I just looked for a vid by Mooch, didn't find one. got any links ?
[url=https://www.facebook.com/batterymooch/posts/bench-test-results-molicel-p26a-35a-2600mah-18650only-25a-but-beats-vtc5a-equals/2214179795538261/]HERE[/URL]

VU Sponsors