Become a Patron!

Mechanical Mod Starter Kit?

Hello! I started off vaping to quit cig's about a year and a half ago with the original atlantis aspire sub ohm tank and their matching stick battery, used that for about a month or two and just couldn't do it. I just ordered an Innokin MVP 60w 3.0 Pro with the atlantis aspire 2 tank to get back into it to quit and cause vaping is just cool.. But upon further research I'm liking the mechanical mod + rda clouds and I really enjoy building the coils and all...
BUT! I have no idea what's good and I can't seem to figure it out... So any suggestions as to a good "starter kit" into mechanical mods and rda/rba's?

Thanks!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, gonna move this thread to Mech area , have a look around that area for great ideas and tips:)

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As for an RDA I would suggest one with the Velocity-Style deck, either the original Velocity rda (expensive) or a clone or one of the countless rdas using almost the same deck, it is just super easy to build on them and you have a lot of room to play around.
A mech is really hard to recommend, it depends so much on subjective likes. The safest way to start would be a (well made) dual-parallel box mod, if you decide to go for a single 18650 tube mod make sure you know what your battery can handle.
If you like simplicity the SMPL is an awesome device, I have two clones which work perfectly, but with hybrids you have to make sure your positive pin of your atty is sticking out far enough to prevent shorting.

As for an RDA I would suggest one with the Velocity-Style deck, either the original Velocity rda (expensive) or a clone or one of the countless rdas using almost the same deck, it is just super easy to build on them and you have a lot of room to play around.

How would this RDA work on my MVP Pro? Assuming it will heh. I've watched a ton of videos and read up on it and the Velocity seems pretty amazing.. And its only around 20 bucks.. But I do want to make sure I enjoy the RDA and all 100% before I dive into buying batteries and chargers and all that.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"...fires from 0.2 – 3.1Ohm", you cant know if you enjoy it before you use it ;)
It will be working but I have no idea what they mean with "Maximum Output of over 17.5Amp"
I guess you wont be able to vape it at 0.2 ohms and 60 watts.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The MVP 3.0 Pro is great to start using RDAs on. I use it to build on too, in built Ohms reader etc. I very strongly suggest that you start here rather than worrying about mech mods. I would suggest that you aim for around 0.7 Ohm dual coil builds using 26ga kanthal as a good sweet spot with the MVP 3.0 Pro.

The MVP 3.0 Pro is great to start using RDAs on. I use it to build on too, in built Ohms reader etc. I very strongly suggest that you start here rather than worrying about mech mods. I would suggest that you aim for around 0.7 Ohm dual coil builds using 26ga kanthal as a good sweet spot with the MVP 3.0 Pro.

I have 28g Kanthal, will that work? I like the thicker wires with the thicker holes in this Velocity RDA, makes it a tad easier on me. I found all the stuff to start building and the RDA for around 16 bucks on Fasttech.com and since I have my Sub-ohm tank and Mod already I'm not too worried about waiting 8-12 days.

Vapeness88

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally use RDA's (Kennedy 22 & Doge V2) on my Sigelei 75w and my Eleaf 40w with builds around .35-.5 and work really well.

Check out Vividsmoke.com they have cheap clones of both RDA's and Mech's. I'm personally about to order a Nonameboxmod dual 18650 box and build that.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
damn nice looking for $36

I always link it for people wanting to get into Mechs. They retail for like 90$ a set, at under 40$ for mod, RDA, and two caps its a killer ass deal.

I used one for a while before I got my Auth KSS

Great for builds .2 and higher.

ETA* Also designed, manufactured, and assembled in the US!

VU Sponsors