Become a Patron!

mech mod not heating well

So I got my first mechanical mod and I put my mutation v2 on the Apollo, it worked great with my box mod VV but when I fired it up on the Apollo it will not heat up enough to produce more or as much as my box mod. is there something I'm doing wrong?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The battery is mostly charged
.5 ohm parallel coil build
and the brand of battery is an Imren 18650 3.7v 2500mah 40a
Not sure if you know but, on a mech mod the charge of the battery is everything..Its not like the regulated types at all...you start at 4.2v then its all down hill from there..Always make sure the battery is FULLY charged before using it.

I see one of 2 things possibly wrong.

1.) The battery isnt charged enough as you might think it is.
2.) A possible bad connection somewhere not supplying you the full voltage.

The first process of elimination is easy...fully charge the battery.

The second one i really cant help with that much as i dont have the device in my hand to check for a connection issue.

Im not familiar with the four nine but some have adjustments for the battery connection on the bottom firing button and the 510 pin on the top to connect to your atty...both of those have to be adjusted proper for full voltage ,if this is your case.

Thats about the best i can help you with.

Not sure if you know but, on a mech mod the charge of the battery is everything..Its not like the regulated types at all...you start at 4.2v then its all down hill from there..Always make sure the battery is FULLY charged before using it.

I see one of 2 things possibly wrong.

1.) The battery isnt charged enough as you might think it is.
2.) A possible bad connection somewhere not supplying you the full voltage.

The first process of elimination is easy...fully charge the battery.

The second one i really cant help with that much as i dont have the device in my hand to check for a connection issue.

Im not familiar with the four nine but some have adjustments for the battery connection on the bottom firing button and the 510 pin on the top to connect to your atty...both of those have to be adjusted proper for full voltage ,if this is your case.

Thats about the best i can help you with.

I'll charge the battery and get back at you , it's really hard to tell if the firing pin is adjusted right but I'll check it out and tinker with it, much appreciated !

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a VW device you can control the power output where as like was said on a mech your battery is everything. With a fully charged battery in a perfect world of no voltage drop the best possible wattage output you can hope for with a .5 ohm coil is 35.28 watts...in reality though you're looking at more like 27-30 watts at best with a fully charged battery and as the battery dies the wattage output does downt as the batteries voltage output drops....I don't know what your prefered wattage setting is but maybe a slightly lower resistance would suite your vaping needs better with a mech mod.

with the battery you have you could rebuild down probably around .25 safely and it would give you a much higher wattage output on a mech. What VW mod and wattage setting were you using and what gauge of wire do you build with? If your connections are good on your mod/atty then maybe we can tweak your build setup a little to help you out :)

Thanks guys for the help, I went to my local cape shop to pick up a battery I forgot and the owners son told me 22 gauge wire will give me what I'm looking for . I just built parallel coils with the 22 Gauge and it's chucking heavily I'm still taking all your tips for future help, thanks !

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys for the help, I went to my local cape shop to pick up a battery I forgot and the owners son told me 22 gauge wire will give me what I'm looking for . I just built parallel coils with the 22 Gauge and it's chucking heavily I'm still taking all your tips for future help, thanks !
What did the new setup Ohm out at?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What did the new setup Ohm out at?

I am curious as well...my single parallel 23 gauge 6 wrap comes out to .24 on a 3.2 mm drill bit. The one time I did a 22 gauge the same way It came out at .18 ohm. It fired nice on my Sig 150 but I feel 24-26 gauge for dual parallels give better performance on a single battery tube mech...just my humble opinion... :) I love 25 gauge wire...I love all odd size wire, I don't know why but for some reason it just seems like the odd gauges make the resistance hit just right....kinda like the three bears story :D

chewedatty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
& keep a check that the battery doesn't get hot at low builds. Imren !!!! Dunno about those.

VU Sponsors