Become a Patron!

MCV Panzer?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured I'd throw this over here too. Anybody have any experience with one of these? I got it in a bin full of stuff from a guy on Craigslist. I gather it's pretty old, but it seems to be built really well.
20190129_005122_cr.jpg 20190129_005133_cr.jpg 20190129_005200_cr.jpg 20190129_005420_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He seems to like the clone more, which it seems clear that this one is. I've never had a clone of anything before. I do have to say that this thing is built really really well.

All the machining seems top-notch and the threads are super super smooth. A bit of tarnish on all the copper, and even a little bit on the stainless.

However this one does have the floating 510 pin although it's kind of short. no atomizer I have would make contact without screwing the 510 on the bottom of it out a bit.

I took the bonza 1.5 off of my bonza tube, and put it on it last night, and my bonza hit's quite a bit harder.

There's a bunch of factors at play there though I'm sure. For one thing the bonza has a 30t in it and the panzer is 18650 only.

I'm sure this one needs to be cleaned and polished too. With the .12 build in it, the switch area got kind of warm. A Samsung 20s.

I think the spring might be a little light for that kind of horsepower. I'll play around with it. I was wondering if anybody else here has ever had one of these.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a copper clone one, pretty beastly mod. On mine at least ya gotta be careful about screwing the parts together too hard or it can seize, but I think that is due to the softer copper more than anything. Make sure ya watch which way to tighten the reverse-threaded lock too or it may not come off again.

There were a number of manufacturers of the clone, some were terrible, some awesome.
I can't recall which were which now...it's been a few years. :huh:

IMG_2917.JPG

A good 'ol hard-hitting mech though, IMO.

I would be careful of the puny stock springs though if a clone, the weight of the mod plus battery and atty can be too much leading to an auto-fire situation. Happened to me with a AGA-T2 on it years ago. New stiffer springs fixed it though. :)

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does your positive battery contact pin on the top have to be screwed out pretty far to secure the battery?

And does the part that contacts the positive pin on the atomizer sit low enough in the threaded negative hole that you have to back out the positive on the atomizer for it to touch solidly?

I'm about 99% sure I have the same clone that twisted had in that video. My copper one is from "Red Phoenix."

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does your positive battery contact pin on the top have to be screwed out pretty far to secure the battery?

And does the part that contacts the positive pin on the atomizer sit low enough in the threaded negative hole that you have to back out the positive on the atomizer for it to touch solidly?

I'm about 99% sure I have the same clone that twisted had in that video. My copper one is from "Red Phoenix."

The battery contact screw part does have to be backed out a fair bit on mine. You can also adjust the switch's pin too somewhat. Good old manual adjust stuff. :D

Can't recall much issues on the top side of the 510, but most of my atties have long enough or adjustable 510 pins.

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

HCigar made mine I think? It's was like 2014, so don't remember well. ;-)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That black insulator part, can ya push it and the screw assembly up from the bottom?
It may have come down a bit.

Looks fairly normal though. It's not an adjustable 510, just adjustable for battery rattle and length.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That black insulator part, can ya push it and the screw assembly up from the bottom?
It may have come down a bit.

Looks fairly normal though. It's not an adjustable 510, just adjustable for battery rattle and length.

No, the delrin insulator cannot be pushed up any more.

It's supposed to be a "floating" 510 pin. I've tried like 6 of my atomizers on it and not a single one makes contact without pulling it's positive pin out at least some and sometimes quite a bit. What's the purpose of a floating pin if it doesn't touch at it's highest point? It could be like 3mm longer and it would make contact without adjusting the positive on the atomizer AND without having to back the internal contact out 2/3 of the way to get rid of battery rattle. From What I'm seeing, the authentics were just the same. Maybe I'm dense, but that makes no sense to me :) I wonder if I can find somebody in town who can make me one just like it only 3mm longer. I bet I can.

pin_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The guy also gave me one of these exact copper ones though needs a polish. It doesn't seem as nice the stainless one, but I just buffed up the contacts and it DOES hit ALOT harder. I'll try for some pics later.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, I wasn't familiar with that copper version, but seems to be a nice one. Still selling for like $50 on some sites. :)

IIRC, they were business partners with Pioneer4u back in the day.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two of the black clones. In I used for spares. The delrin sleeve didn't move on one so I got the other here. I may still have them. We're up for sale months ago but I think I forgot until now. Lol

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Love the Panzer. That Black Hawk is still one that gets used.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
None at all actually. Its still a perfectly valid mod. I use it at least once a week just because.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None at all actually. Its still a perfectly valid mod. I use it at least once a week just because.
I don't know if you saw above, but every one of my atomizers has to have it's 510 adjusted to reach the matching 510 in the top cap. I also am not crazy about having to adjust the positive contact pin out so much to hold the battery secure. Seems like a bit more length in the body of the mod's 510 pin would painlessly solve both.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Significantly cleaned with some water and some copper cleaning powder my landlady had that looks like it's been here since the Johnson administration. Have to be polished another time, but 100 times better.

panzclean_cr.jpg

VU Sponsors