Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.wect.com/story/31386547/man-loses-eye-after-e-cigarette-explodes?sf21982984=1

I don't know what to say.
No mention of the mod, atomizer, battery, etc...
I don't think the media is so stupid that they think "ecigarette" means one singular object.
So why aren't they reporting on the facts?
If a kid got bit by a dog walking home from school they would tell you what type of dog it was.
If a car had a design flaw and needed to be recalled they mention the cars make and model.
When an ecig blows up they don't tell you shit about it? - 5150

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
10027779_G.jpg

not a fuck given for dipfuckery.

Big bitchy ass plugs of ass stank in his head, a douchebag (hipster) zero nic huffer, a jenky mech mod... media calls it ecig explosion not Darwin almost got his dues.

What do you want to bet it will come out it was a mech clone, some fucked battery hybrid cap combo into and past the special olympics level of tard ohms.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
only 8% of th accidents happened whilebeing used most happened while being recharged......8% is pretty damn good......

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
out of that 8% those are 100% user error and stupidity.
yeah ..I like how the idiot in question usually starts out saying......I've benn vaping for 2 years, and I picked up my mod and it blew up......they are all supposed experinced vapers and yet they offer no explanation for what happened.....they all act as if they mod just went rabid on them....can't trust these damn vaping mods they'll bite their owners.....there's never ...."well I had this crazy ass build I saw on youtube that was supposed to give you nar nar clouds"...or "well I was vaping a a .09 coil on some batteries my friend had thrown in the garbage"..or my mods been acting up lately but I didn't want to buy a new one...or I thought this sub ohm tank would looking bitching on this hybrid mod, and.....nope the mod just went medieval on my ass.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
10027779_G.jpg

not a fuck given for dipfuckery.

Big bitchy ass plugs of ass stank in his head, a douchebag (hipster) zero nic huffer, a jenky mech mod... media calls it ecig explosion not Darwin almost got his dues.

What do you want to bet it will come out it was a mech clone, some fucked battery hybrid cap combo into and past the special olympics level of tard ohms.

Damn you beat me to it.
I was in the process of cropping my screen shots from this story:

http://www.whdh.com/story/31393198/north-carolina-man-loses-eye-after-e-cig-explosion

Then I saw the pic.

This dude looks like a total douchenozzle

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn you beat me to it.
I was in the process of cropping my screen shots from this story:

http://www.whdh.com/story/31393198/north-carolina-man-loses-eye-after-e-cig-explosion

Then I saw the pic.

This dude looks like a total douchenozzle
Bitch ass stank plugs in his ear, women's glasses and what do you wanna bet the bitch ass was wearing skinny jeans that did not fit and they asked him to take that funky fucking stank sock off his greasy head... so they could ask him questions without projectile vomiting from the stench of douche bag and that creepy eye socket.

Man the fuck up and rock the eye patch at least it is not like he has not earned it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you know when a car suddenly for no apparent reason catches fire, or the airbags just suddenly go off the car in question is named, there is a warning about that particular model of car....but when it's a mod it just is called ...those e-cigs...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://www.wect.com/story/31386547/man-loses-eye-after-e-cigarette-explodes?sf21982984=1

I don't know what to say.
No mention of the mod, atomizer, battery, etc...
I don't think the media is so stupid that they think "ecigarette" means one singular object.
So why aren't they reporting on the facts?
If a kid got bit by a dog walking home from school they would tell you what type of dog it was.
If a car had a design flaw and needed to be recalled they mention the cars make and model.

If a kid gets bit, it's a "pitbull" even if it was a Labrador.
If someone gets shot, it was an "assault weapon".
If someone's mech blows up, it's an "ecigarette".

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if some asswipe threads a godamed sub ohm tank with a flush 510 connection without a protuding pin onto a hybrid mod and it shorts out ...it's those dangerous mech mods...I think alot of this has to do with very low sub-ohm builds lousy or depleted batteries

If this shit keeps up they will outlaw rebuildables and they will outlaw regulated devices that will deliver more than 20 watts, and they will outlaw mech mods.....they will only allow devices that will give the most insipid of vapes it will be like going back to the days of cartomizers on ego twists.'
and all because of some dipshit whose trying to blow HUGE clouds.....and doesn't posses enough personal integrity or testicular fortitude to admitt to their mistakes.....If you wanna piss in the tall grass you have to run with the big dogs.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"Richards' friends and family are hosting a disc golf tournament at Good Hops Brewery in Carolina Beach on Saturday to help pay for his medical expenses."

What happened to Obummer Care?
Wasn't this douche supposed to be covered?
I guess "act of darwinism" isn't covered

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Richards' friends and family are hosting a disc golf tournament at Good Hops Brewery in Carolina Beach on Saturday to help pay for his medical expenses."

What happened to Obummer Care?
Wasn't this douche supposed to be covered?
I guess "act of darwinism" isn't covered

Doesn't most insurance disallow coverage for acts of pure stupidity? And thus avoid payouts 99% of the time. :D

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The eyeless dude is a hipster motherfucker with sissy plugs in his ears that stink so bad you can smell them 20' away, 99% of those same dudes wear their sisters jeans, and that knit watch cap without washing and smells as bad if not worse than those giant primitive plates in their ears.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol some of you guys are cynical assholes. I can relate sometimes, but shit. A guy loses an eye vaping and hes all kinds of retarded douchbag hipster shit head. Who knows what happened? Maybe he was clueless and wanted to get off cigs and the guys at the shop sold him a dangerous set up and told him it was safe. Could be a lot of factors. Whatever the reason, nobody deserves to be permanently disfigured and have their life ruined for tryin to get off cigarettes, or fuck it, even if hes only doin it to look cool.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol some of you guys are cynical assholes. I can relate sometimes, but shit. A guy loses an eye vaping and hes all kinds of retarded douchbag hipster shit head. Who knows what happened? Maybe he was clueless and wanted to get off cigs and the guys at the shop sold him a dangerous set up and told him it was safe. Could be a lot of factors. Whatever the reason, nobody deserves to be permanently disfigured and have their life ruined for tryin to get off cigarettes, or fuck it, even if hes only doin it to look cool.
0 nic. check
shifty modded mod. Check
Unknown battery and atty set up.. check

when it stinks like a filthy hipster, dresses like a filthy hipster and uses a shitty hipster cool clouds brra mod... you can only connect so many dots over the years that it was NOT he mods fault.
It is like saying guns kill people and dangerous weapons.. no fucking such thing. people are dangerous, and people kill people.

I would love to see how close to nail on head I hit with the mod.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That battery damage does not look correct to me for some reason.
agreed, almost looks like the cap shot off the rda.
never seen that before

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
agreed, almost looks like the cap shot off the rda.
never seen that before
Looks more like some plastic tank shit but HOW it vented still looks like an unsafe battery, handled by a stupid fuck.. lost an eye... big hairy fucking deal! motherfucker is lucky to be alive from his own retarded shit.

Kind of like that dumbfuck that failed his way into a coma.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mentioned before when I first got a mech mod, the shop I went to sold me a mod with a hybrid top and it wasn't until I kept pushing for answers that I got any help regarding the safety factor regarding it. When the device got hotter than what felt normal to me, I immediately took the battery out. I am not certain why the hybrid cap top thing is even necessary, I never used it.

Reading and hearing about these kinds of incidents just make me upset because while an accident has happened, I can't help but think SAFETY should always be considered.

Attention vape shops: If you are going to sale a device, PLEASE make sure to EMPHASIZE the need for SAFETY!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he said he'd been vaping for a couple of years....after 2 years you're still clueless then again the darwin theroy comes into play.....life is hard but it is harder for the stupid a law of the universe....also you can feel bad for him all you want , but he is chickeshit to not come forth and admitt to his resposiblity for the accident...as a result he get's to ......think he's beyond the reach of cause and effect,gets to evade his complicity and help make sure people that can chew gum and walk at the same time, will no longer be able to vape the way they want because the ANTZ will use him as a poster boy...and he gets innocent people to pay his medical bills....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks more like some plastic tank shit but HOW it vented still looks like an unsafe battery, handled by a stupid fuck.. lost an eye... big hairy fucking deal! motherfucker is lucky to be alive from his own retarded shit.

Kind of like that dumbfuck that failed his way into a coma.
yeah agreed if it was a glass tank the tank would have shattered not turned into a black mass..there is not shattered glass in the picture.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
he said he'd been vaping for a couple of years....after 2 years you're still clueless then again the darwin theroy comes into play.....life is hard but it is harder for the stupid a law of the universe....also you can feel bad for him all you want , but he is chickeshit to not come forth and admitt to his resposiblity for the accident...as a result he get's to ......think he's beyond the reach of cause and effect,gets to evade his complicity and help make sure people that can chew gum and walk at the same time, will no longer be able to vape the way they want because the ANTZ will use him as a poster boy...and he gets innocent people to pay his medical bills....

Yeah I'd have to agree. I've vaped for just over 2 yrs.... and before I moved on from the iTaste vv3 to something with removable batteries, I spent months picking all the battery-guru brains at ECF, so I could understand what was necessary for safety -- and I've never used a battery with "fire" in its name, and when I learned that I had gotten some counterfeit batteries, I took them to the recycler ASAP since I had no idea what they really were. The only semi-incident I've had was when my battery charger got very hot, which prompted me to unplug it and get the batteries out of it ASAP, and never to use that charger again -- and I rested those batteries for 24 hrs after that, before even attempting to put them into a different charger to see what was what. I'm gonna go along with BN on this, and suggest that anyone stupid enough to put those idiotic things in their earlobes, probably isn't smart enough to vape safely.

Andria

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it sure looks like a hybrid mod to me.why does it look like somebody drilled holes in the mod.
The holes are for better ventilation but the guy that this happened to must be a idiot, this is why you need to understand your battery's and ohm law before you go messing with mech mods.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The holes are for better ventilation but the guy that this happened to must be a idiot, this is why you need to understand your battery's and ohm law before you go messing with mech mods.

The giant plugs of stink in his ears are a dead give away and ad that "makes poor life choices" is his rule of the day not the exception.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

the only reason you need more ventilation is if you are doing things where you expect the need for more ventilation..in other words this numbnut was pushing the envelope to the very limits, he knew he was pushing the envelope......well I guess he found the limit.....and for what...bigger clouds bra.

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the only reason you need more ventilation is if you are doing things where you expect the need for more ventilation..in other words this numbnut was pushing the envelope to the very limits, he knew he was pushing the envelope......well I guess he found the limit.....and for what...bigger clouds bra.
He must of got some fat clouds bad luck he didn't get to see them

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the way the cotton looked I'm wondering if he had something besides e-juice in it...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still just trying to figure out why they put those totally stupid things in their earlobes.

Andria

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They want to promote the idea that all ecigs are dangerous so the make and model are of no importance when reporting the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They want to promote the idea that all ecigs are dangerous so the make and model are of no importance when reporting the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true statement they do it all the time just promote the dangers but not what the stupid idiot is doing with it and what he is using.

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
We had a numb nuts in the area that filled a cartomizer tank with jungle juice poppers back about a year and a half ago. What came out looked a lot like that. Blew the tank apart and the cotton (that the guy"stuffed"himself) looked a lot similar. Jungle juice is supposed to be alkyl notice I believe. Highly flammable.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont see any extra vent holes but i do see blood on the mod. The battery tube does not look to be mishapen which happens when the pressure builds. The top where is it burnt almost lloks fine. From the pic it looks like the build deck is almost completely intact. My guess is something happened inside the tank. Just my opinion. I know if it were me i would fess up. Out of lets say one million americans we only have a handful of these reportable accidents and most are chinese batteries that explode when charging i think we are doing great. I wouldn't want to be the asshole who put the nail in the vaping coffin.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The short answer is that people don't know enough. But that's too easy of an answer.

Your question crops up often, so here are some actual media answers. The following assumes there's an editor, which isn't the case a lot of times.

Scenario 1: The writer gets story and doesn't know enough about vaping. The editor doesn't either.

Scenario 2: The writer gets the story and is forced to write short. The editor might know a little about vaping, but can't figure out what to cut so there's room for the details.

Scenario 3: The writer and editor both know enough about vaping, but believe that if they include the brand and type, they'd have to write a technical novel to have it make sense.

Scenario 4: The writer and editor have the details, but believe that most readers aren't going to give a shit. Or they've read so many of their own stories about exploding ecigs that they've convinced themselves that all ecigs are like this.

Scenario 5: The injured person's family doesn't have the details to give the media. The writer and editor don't see a reason to put that disclaimer in copy, or convince themselves that the details aren't important.

It can be really sad how these things play out behind the scenes. I would have to fight to get perspective in stories. It's soul-sucking having to continually argue with people who are telling you "no," especially when they know nothing about the subject. Some editors just give in. The ones that keep fighting can end up with a bad reputation.

One more thing...
It's not enough for writers to know they should put these details in, or take the time to find them. They also have to know enough to write it well; clearly and succinctly. Trust me, there are a lot of writers out there who don't have that skill level. Especially when you consider that they have to write at that level about every single topic they're given.

VU Sponsors