Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/17/mans-...arette-explodes-while-hes-smoking-it-6385339/

...and here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4125240/Idaho-man-loses-teeth-vape-explodes-face.html

...and here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vaper-shares-shocking-pictures-after-9633229

...and here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26285...losing-seven-teeth-when-e-cigarette-exploded/

...and here:

https://nypost.com/2017/01/17/an-e-cigarette-exploded-inside-this-mans-mouth/

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the truth on this one.

Here it goes:

In Facebook posts he claims his local shop built his coil A YEAR AGO but couldn't rebuild it for him BECAUSE THE FDA DOES NOT ALLOW THEM TO.
He then went ahead and built his own coils on his Twisted Messes RDA without the proper knowledge and testing equipment, ended up with a 0.06ohm (he admitted to it) pipe bomb, and was using doo doo browns (Brown 20 amp LG HG2)

Of course, it's still not his fault and he plans to sue.

He has told several different stories over the last 4 days all different from the one before.

0.06ohms = 70amps for those wanting to know.

I'd still like to know how the mod blew his teeth out then went on to blow black shit all over the ceiling along with breaking a chunk off the side of the bathroom sinks counter.

Seems like a lot of broken shit over one vented 18650 - 5150

Andrew Hall001.jpg Andrew Hall002.jpg AndrewHall What Really Happened.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/17/mans-...arette-explodes-while-hes-smoking-it-6385339/

...and here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4125240/Idaho-man-loses-teeth-vape-explodes-face.html

...and here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vaper-shares-shocking-pictures-after-9633229

...and here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26285...losing-seven-teeth-when-e-cigarette-exploded/

...and here:

https://nypost.com/2017/01/17/an-e-cigarette-exploded-inside-this-mans-mouth/

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the truth on this one.

Here it goes:

In Facebook posts he claims his local shop built his coil A YEAR AGO but couldn't rebuild it for him BECAUSE THE FDA DOES NOT ALLOW THEM TO.
He then went ahead and built his own coils on his Twisted Messes RDA without the proper knowledge and testing equipment, ended up with a 0.06ohm (he admitted to it) pipe bomb, and was using doo doo browns (Brown 20 amp LG HG2)

Of course, it's still not his fault and he plans to sue.

0.06ohms = 70amps for those wanting to know.

I'd still like to know how the mod blew his teeth out then went on to blow black shit all over the ceiling along with breaking a chunk off the side of the bathroom sinks counter.

Seems like a lot of broken shit over one vented 18650 - 5150

View attachment 71904 View attachment 71905 View attachment 71906
holy shit that is a ton of damage.
So this guy built to .06 on a 20 amp battery? No wonder it vented but still thats a ton of damage
Sad thing is it seems he had a good battery, a good mech, and a good RDA. just no knowledge. Who the fuck doesn't have a screwdriver?
Also how did he know it was .06 if he had no meter. that seems insanely low unless he brought some premade .1ohm coils and put 2 in the RDA

even with all that said, if he sues the FDA (not that he would ever win) it might not be a bad thing. If people started suing the FDA for not allowing vape shops to provide safety instructions (could be considered negligence of public safety) But to be honest it'll always fall on the user as most shops/manufacturers/websites have disclaimers saying "this is an advanced device and should only be used by those familiar with battery safety"

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
A simple Vented top of an 18650:

Andrew Hall006.jpg

Doesn't equal broken porcelain counter top:

Andrew Hall005.jpg

and also doesn't equal burnt bathroom ceiling:

Andrew Hall004.jpg

Was this clown hitting his mech WHILE he was IN THE SHOWER????

The maths just aren't adding up here!!! - 5150

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
every article he claims
"“I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.”"

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
every article he claims
"“I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.”"

But on facebook he claims that he decided to build his own coils because the shop would no longer build them for him because "The Law/FDA".

So he built a coil draining 70 amps from a 20 amp battery @ 0.06 ohms which is dead short zone for ohm ratings.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But on facebook he claims that he decided to build his own coils because the shop would no longer build them for him because "The Law/FDA".

So he built a coil draining 70 amps from a 20 amp battery @ 0.06 ohms which is dead short zone for ohm ratings.
Posting that and the quote I did in here would be great of possible. so clearly dude fucked up hard.
it's like putting diesel in your gas car and trying to sue the dealership

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
natural selection ......ever had those times when some idiot's spectacular demonstrations of full retard give you a brain freeze.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
natural selection ......ever had those times when some idiot's spectacular demonstrations of full retard give you a brain freeze.
Nope it makes me want to hit then in the head with a ball peen hammer and then light them the fuck on fire tho.

The Tao of Prachett Build a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Light a motherfucker on fire and he is warm the rest of his life.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope it makes me want to hit then in the head with a ball peen hammer and then light them the fuck on fire tho.

The Tao of Prachett Build a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Light a motherfucker on fire and he is warm the rest of his life.
yeah that works to...LOL

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He should sue the FDA for not allowing him to get he help he desperately needed
Not like he can sue the shop for following the law, he should just suck start a shotgun, while playing in traffic in the middle of a ghetto with a sammich board with racial slurs on it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No way in hell would that battery or mod exploding break off the corner of that cultured marble countertop. It takes a good swing with a 20 lb post mall to break that shit.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No way in hell would that battery or mod exploding break off the corner of that cultured marble countertop. It takes a good swing with a 20 lb post mall to break that shit.
I'd say that mod, hell no... but the energy contained in an 18650 locked inside a metal tube would be more than enough power to destroy that counter top, under the "right" circumstances

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
His landlord must LOVE him!
That being said that counter and burn means he is fucking lying because that force and heat would be third degree burns on a deaded dumbass.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah this has ..stupid asshole on drugs written all over it.... really mr. landlord my girlfriend didn't try and and crush my skull, with a cast iron skillet for screwing her sister in a drunken stupor ,missing my head and destroying your countertop....it was that damn chinese e-cig what done it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
really mr. landlord my girlfriend didn't try and and crush my skull, with a cast iron skillet for screwing her sister in a drunken stupor ,missing my head and destroying your countertop....it was that damn chinese e-cig what done it.
Sir.

You owe me a keyboard.

tyFGzUy.gif

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LG is already working on shutting out vapers from their batteries....

You can't protect people from stupid.
Damn gas cans are the results of lawsuits by dumbasses.
Can't even use the idiot proof/resistant spouts on them now.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya know you can see where the fucktard beat the corner of that sink with a hammer or something. If something as small as a tube mod rocketed into it and by some miracle busted it, it wouldn't have left that big of a crater... I know because I went to town on a old broken toilet (same material as that cheap sink) with a hammer. :facepalm: Dude just wants easy money (or so he thinks) :kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd say that mod, hell no... but the energy contained in an 18650 locked inside a metal tube would be more than enough power to destroy that counter top, under the "right" circumstances
I've flipped a few homes in the past, busting up those cultured marble countertops takes work with a 20lb sledge hammer.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've flipped a few homes in the past, busting up those cultured marble countertops takes work with a 20lb sledge hammer.
I have no idea what the fuck material that thing is made of...looking at the rest of the place..it looks pretty low end...however the break is clean and wide spread.. not chipped ..it looks like someone took a 9 pound sledge to the thing..

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what the fuck material that thing is made of...looking at the rest of the place..it looks pretty low end...however the break is clean and wide spread.. not chipped ..it looks like someone took a 9 pound sledge to the thing.
Exactly, especially since it was also glued to the sinkbase cabinet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont think the guy "fucked up" he got pissed that the shop would not cater to his laziness and or ignorance and decided to get even.

Id bet my right hand on it. Like you all can see thats a whole lotta damage in so many directions. Its a set up. He wants money to keep himself relevant and to keep himself lazy and taken care of for a while.

Just the quote of asking the shop, was an idiotic move, but in his mind a set up. I think he's not as stupid, but still pretty stupid to not think that people WILL investigate who know these angles etc. He knows the shop will suffer for it and he feels justified in ruining someones life over it.

I really hope there is Kharma, but I really think some stupid people just NEVER get it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's another of these phony hate crimes you read about.....must be some douche who smokes KOOLs trying to make vapers look bad.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless someone has a disability and physically can't they should stick with factory coils. The shop even selling him the Mech should be bitch slapped for selling him the Mech in the first place.

With that said though I really do hope he does follow through and sue the FDA.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see how it's possible for it to have broken the sink and left that black streak on the wall.

He posted a new picture today of himself. A selfie. Taken in the bathroom mirror in front of the sink. You can see the black streak on the wall behind him. How in the fuck could the mod make the streak and break the sink on the opposite side of the bathroom? The angles are all wrong. It's not possible. The mod would have had to make a 90 degree turn.

But, the good news is that he isn't my homeboy. He's from Oregon. Whew. Just a transplant.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Screenshot (15).jpg

Of course if you consider running a twisted messes RDA at 0.06 ohms in a hybrid mech drawing 70 amps from a 20 amp battery "the correct setup" then I guess he's right?

Also he never had a problem with it for a year because he had been using THE SAME COIL for an entire fucking year that the shop put in for him and just "recently" (most likely the night before he blew his face off) decided to install his own coil with no ohm reader or any other equipment
because what could go wrong? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Screenshot (16).jpg

^ Notice the warning and the "it ain't our fault if you are stupid and fuck up" warning directly from the mods website above

Sleeper2.jpg

Attachments

• sleeper3.jpg
    sleeper3.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 16

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't see how it's possible for it to have broken the sink and left that black streak on the wall.

He posted a new picture today of himself. A selfie. Taken in the bathroom mirror in front of the sink. You can see the black streak on the wall behind him. How in the fuck could the mod make the streak and break the sink on the opposite side of the bathroom? The angles are all wrong. It's not possible. The mod would have had to make a 90 degree turn.

But, the good news is that he isn't my homeboy. He's from Oregon. Whew. Just a transplant.
Grassy knoll?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 71951

Of course if you consider running a twisted messes RDA at 0.06 ohms in a hybrid mech drawing 70 amps from a 20 amp battery "the correct setup" then I guess he's right?

Also he never had a problem with it for a year because he had been using THE SAME COIL for an entire fucking year that the shop put in for him and just "recently" (most likely the night before he blew his face off) decided to install his own coil with no ohm reader or any other equipment

View attachment 71952

^ Notice the warning and the "it ain't our fault if you are stupid and fuck up" warning directly from the mods website above

View attachment 71953
And a hybrid at that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 71951

View attachment 71952

View attachment 71953
The idiot manufacturer contradict themselves...in the first paragraph "and it's hybrid connection allows you use virtually any RDA or RTA with no issues"

Then at the bottom: "Do NOT use sub tanks with short 510 pins, like the Atlantis"

The manufacturer has a very poorly worded disclaimer.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just a couple of thoughts.

I like to think that I know what I am doing. I build my coils (24 AWG Kanthal) and install them carefully an test them. I dry burn after every 2 to 3 tanks. I vape at lower wattages than most, normally between 19 to 23 watts depending on the E-Liquid I am using.

And at best, I get about 90 days of use out of a coil.

And this guy sez he is getting a year of use before it blew up?

Sadly, the publishers of the yearly Darwin Awards need to set aside a chapter for "STOOPID VAPERS"

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This guy is pissing me off. This story has been shared on my Facebook feed multiple times and is turning away a lot of people from vaping. Fuck this guy.

I had to vent and you guys are the only ones that'll listen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This guy is pissing me off. This story has been shared on my Facebook feed multiple times and is turning away a lot of people from vaping. Fuck this guy.

and here we are talking about it too, with links to 5 stories about it, that will now get much more traffic because we're here to read em

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. Are you guys calling people out that share this story?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

i mean couldn't it make sense to like reply on facebook to the story that he was not using it correctly?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is the TM hybrid safe even?
I sold mine and can't remember: but, looking at the TM square, I wouldn't put that on a hybrid.

What a fucking tool

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Fuck it, i replied to his post on facebook. whatever happens happens lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not consider any Hybrid style safe. A true hybrid is ok.

I would not cry if the hybrid style mods were banned.
It would do away with most of the blow up in yer face events.

The blow your balls off with battery in pocket with keys is a different issue.
That is just plain stupid.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do not consider any Hybrid style safe. A true hybrid is ok.

I would not cry if the hybrid style mods were banned.
It would do away with most of the blow up in yer face events.

The blow your balls off with battery in pocket with keys is a different issue.
That is just plain stupid.
Oh, I have a few hybrids, BUT, I also rarely use them anymore in favor of a good 510.
When I do use them though, I know what is and isn't safe.
I guess in a long winded way, I totally agree with you, and these dipshit should never have had it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thinking about it, the place that sold it to him should be sued, this wouldn't have happened if they never sold a total beginner a mech...and not only a mech but one with no visible venting and a direct battery connection

VU Sponsors