Making custom flavoring?

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! I've been considering going the DIY route for my juices, but I cant seem to find any reliable info reguarding making your own flavoring. I.E For a coffee vape could I just take coffee grounds and a small amount of water and make a concentrate of coffee? Could I just mush and filter blueberries to make blueberry juice? I hate to spend all sorts of money on flavoring that I could make myself, but Im no chemist and have a small understanding on exactly how the PG/VG + heat would react to said ideas. Let me know! Thanks =D

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! I've been considering going the DIY route for my juices, but I cant seem to find any reliable info reguarding making your own flavoring. I.E For a coffee vape could I just take coffee grounds and a small amount of water and make a concentrate of coffee? Could I just mush and filter blueberries to make blueberry juice? I hate to spend all sorts of money on flavoring that I could make myself, but Im no chemist and have a small understanding on exactly how the PG/VG + heat would react to said ideas. Let me know! Thanks =D
There are some great ways to make your own extracts, but in terms of saving money, I imagine a box of blueberries and time spent is more than a $1.69/5ml bottle of flavoring at eliquidmart (which surprisingly lasts a long time). However, if it's the hobby of it, I know there are some people here who do make their own extracts. Diy is awesome no matter what path you take.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah its not so much the financial aspect of it. I just want to be more involved with my mixes. =)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how to do a fruit extract while also making sure it ends up sugar free. Hmmm...thinking out loud.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Based on that...Coffee yes, fruit no. Well thats good, cause the blueberries was just an example. Thank you for taking the time to find that info Rocket! DIY Coffee vape here I come!
You're welcome. I love finding stuff. I'll keep looking.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
on the topic of home brew coffee vapes in the flavor art clear stream testing on coffee extracts from roasted coffee beans that it kills more living cells than cigarette smoke. just something to think about when looking at making your own extracts. its not always diacetyl and the gang to worry about.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
on the topic of home brew coffee vapes in the flavor art clear stream testing on coffee extracts from roasted coffee beans that it kills more living cells than cigarette smoke. just something to think about when looking at making your own extracts. its not always diacetyl and the gang to worry about.
Jesus really? I made some last night. Fortunatly it tastes kinda bad (used a flavored coffee) so its going in the bin anyways. Thanks for the info!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Jesus really? I made some last night. Fortunatly it tastes kinda bad (used a flavored coffee) so its going in the bin anyways. Thanks for the info!
for sure. I vaped a lot of home brew coffee and lots of cigarettes before I read that but now im off the homebrew stuff using a 12 step program. lol. I think we will be ok. try some FA espresso. you can use as little as 0.25% and get a nice flavor . last forever. usually my go to "coffee" flavor. personally anyways other people might recommend something different.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fair enough. I think I'd rather live a few more years than say "I made this from scratch" XD

VU Sponsors