Become a Patron!

Madecat_Vapes Review : Think Vape Thor

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Hello VU! Today I am reviewing for you the Think Vape Thor! Think Vape have mainly been know for their Finder DNA device and seem to have a solid reputation with that. The Thor is a bit of a departure from the DNA powered devices they have released in the past. Does the Thor live up to it's godly namesake, or has the time of Ragnarok come? Read below for my evaluation.

I have used the Thor for 3 weeks now and feel I can give a fair assessment of its quality.

This device was sent to me from Think Vape for the purpose of a review.

Specs
Dimensions - 88.5mm by 46mm by 32mm
Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
Advanced ST200 Chipset
Wattage Output Range: 5-200W
Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
Temperature Range: 200-600F
Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
TCR Adjustments
Bypass Mode
Lightweight ABS Construction
0.96" Intuitive OLED Display
Oversized Firing Mechanism
Ergonomically Placed Adjustment Buttons
Magnetized Battery Door
Micro USB Port
510 Connection​

Current Color Options
b9Xc5hs.jpg

Contents
Thor 200W Box Mod
Micro USB Cable
Instructional Manual​

Operation
5 click fire button lock/unlock device
3 click fire button to change mode
In TC Mode: hold + and - to change wattage
There is no way to turn off device other than taking the batteries out​

Pics
Instaglam1
oIcGPRx.jpg

Instaglam2
srpoaNN.jpg

Thor
y44iTYH.jpg

Front
p2enizu.jpg

Top/510
nsqf6yt.jpg

Back
W5UbVXO.jpg

Bottom
ALzu1aG.jpg

Battery Tray
3X4fFLP.jpg

Handcheck
6b9pTdf.jpg

Thor
The Think Vape Thor is small, lightweight device with some very interesting skin options. I have noticed this type of device gaining a lot of popularity over the past several months and I can see why. The size is perfect for a dual 18650 device and the lightweight aspect is very appealing without translating into feeling cheap. The Thor may be lacking a bit when it comes to features, but definitely seems to be mostly a solid performer, especially at its price range. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's jump off this review and start at the best place possible: the top.

Top/510: The Thor houses a 24mm 510 plat that, surprise surprise, houses 24mm attys. There are a few more mms between the edge of the plate and the edge of the device, so 26mm attys should fit with no issue. The threading is smooth and the positive pin is super spring-loaded.

Buttons: Travel down the front of the Thor and you have a tinted, plastic screen protector inlay that takes up most of the front of the device. The fire buttons, +/- buttons, and USB charge port are encorporated into the inlay. The fire button is a large, textured rectangular button that is raised a few mms from the device making it easy to locate with your thumb. Towards the bottom of the inlay are your +/- buttons that are black plastic and a decent size. They also protrude at least a few mms from the device and there is no issue depressing them. All buttons have a good clickyness to them.

Screen/Menu: The screen on the Thor is pretty simplistic but has all the information you need to see, like dual-battery indicators, ohms, voltage, wattage and puff count. I would like to have seen a percentage indicator for the battery indicators, though, and maybe a bit of color. There is really no menu to talk about with the Thor. You click the fire button 3 times to cycle through modes and that's really it. There's no TCR adjustment, Power/TC curve, changing brightness, or anything like that, and the only real "shortcut" function is holding + and - while in TC mode to adjust wattage. Personally, I don't mind the simplicity. I don't tend to use Power/TC curve, so just having functioning Power and TC modes is usually enough for me.

One thing that was initially concerning for me is, aside from taking the batteries out of the device, there is no way to turn it off. If you have batteries in the device it stays on at all time and the only thing you can do is lock it. I was unsure about this as I worried about idle battery drain. So I let the device sit on for 3 days to see what kind of impact this had on my batteries. Surprisingly, after 3 days of sitting on there was no change in my battery levels. This was a nice surprise as it was my biggest concern about not being able to shut it off. I'm still not a huge fan of not being able to turn off the device, but it's nice to know the impact on my batteries is negligible.

Battery Compartment: The entire back of the device comes off to reveal the battery compartment. The door is secured to the device with two fairly strong magnets, one on top and one on bottom. Because of the placement of the magnets on the door it can only fit on the device one way. The compartment has a decent sized battery ribbon for extracting batteries, spring loaded contacts on the bottom, and battery orientation is clearly marked.

Size/Styling: The main draw for the Thor has to be its size and styling. It's one of the smallest dual 18650 devices I have used, and one of the lightest as well. Even with two batteries installed, it's still ridiculously light. While there are no real ergonimic features to talk about as it's essentially just a rectangular device, the edges are very rounded making it extremely comfortable to hold. The "skins" available for the Thor are quite interesting as well. I really like the grafiti style that has gained a lot of popularity, so the Thor is right up my alley. The "skins" appear to be printed onto the device and have a smooth, rubbery texture to them. If you're not a fan of any of the "skins," Think Vape have also released Chrome variants that look pretty good as well. They do, however, look to be finger print magnets.

Performance: The Thor performed mostly well throughout the time I used it. Power Mode is just great! I've had the FreeMax Mesh Pro, StageVape Venus, Drop Dead, and VapeFly Pixie on it and performance was great throughout. It hits hard and fast like an eager teenager. When it comes to TC mode, though, it falls short. I tried using my standard 26x30 SS AVS claptons but it just would not heat them at all. I went with a smaller SS wire and it was finally heating it up, yet it seemed like there was no dry hit detection. Gonna have to mark TC on the Thor down as a fail.​

Final Thoughts
Pros

• Up to 26mm without overhang
  • Smooth 510 threading
  • Spring-loaded 510
  • Large fire button
  • Clicky buttons
  • Plenty of displayed information
  • Idle battery drain doesn't appear to be an issue
  • Strong Magnets on battery door
  • Clearly marked battery orientation
  • Small size
  • Super lightweight
  • Plenty of "skin"/color options
  • Great Power Mode performance
Cons
  • Would like to see battery percentage indicators
  • Lack of features/personalization
  • While it isn't an issue for batteries, I would like to be able to turn my device off when not in use
  • TC Mode performance

The Thor has a few issues that need to be worked out for it to be an all-around great device. However, if you're looking for a fantastic Power pusher that's super small, super lightweight, and dual 18650 then the Thor definitely will satisfy. For the price range it's at, I can't really argue too much about it's lack of features as you're still getting a superb Power driver. I do wish TC mode worked well.

Think Vape are also currently about to release their Thor Pro which incorporates a larger, color screen and an upgraded chipset. The "skins" have also been upgraded. If TC has been worked out, the Thor Pro could easily become one of my favorite devices.

Purchasing
  • Fasttech - $34.80 with MAP coupon code
  • 3fvape - $34.99 limited options
  • EightVape - $38.95
  • ElementVape - $39.95
  • VaporDNA - $39.99

Thank you...
...for your attention VU. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

I want to give another shout out to Think Vape for giving me the opportunity to provide this community with this review. If you want to check them out, you can follow them on their Facebook or Instagram pages.

Also, if you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram.

VU Sponsors