Become a Patron!

M80 licked it's nuts...

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, after a bit more than a month my smok m80 is officially a paper weight. I purchased it for a work, out and about "beater" mod due to being a fairly small, powerful vw mod with the ability to fire any build I care to screw on it and I have actually been very pleased with it. I went to charge it just now and nothing.... Charge port is loose and apparently broken.. Great!!

For a work mod I babied the damn thing, and was always careful charging it because I have had many micro USB plug ins break on cell phones, and I really wanted to see this thing live until the batteries quit holding a charge....
Soooooo, rather than lugging my beloved sig 150 or smk flagship v2 around I guess I'm in the market for another small, powerful vw box and I need some suggestions (haven't really even looked at any new mods for a while, I have been happy with what I've got). I would prefer something similar in size, power and price point. I trust opinions of my peers here rather that those of the local shop owners, so fire away with any suggestions...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My brothers just took a shit after 3 months all it does is say check Atty. I opened it up and all looks fine but something failed :( now he's hogging my ipv4 till he gets something else.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get a evic vt one can be had for less then $60 if you just buy the mod without the tank. 60w and temp control with ni200 or titanium

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take the batteries out and charge them till you can get a cell phone repair shop to repair the USB port. Vids on how to on youtube.
Heat vape invader mini may be what you need my friend.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@dre I've looked at the evic and like everything I see except the damn stripe, I just can't make myself like the appearance, I'm more of a plain matte black guy myself...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I buy everything and this is the best tc mod besides the m class. I also sell, trade everything but won't let this one go for a while.
Its a addiction:)

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eazy fix buy a j wrap :)
Yea I honestly didn't think about that... I might mention I never tried the tc on the m80, and while it's interesting it is not a requirement, I would rather have something around the 80 watt mark without it. Any thoughts there? I have been eyeing an ipv4 but haven't seen one in person, I'm thinking it is probably a little bigger than what I want

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its a little big. As wide as a m80 and about a inch and half taller but its my third best device that I've used and own.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a little big. As wide as a m80 and about a inch and half taller but its my third best device that I've used and own.
I figured as much, I'm also looking at the new sigelei 75w, do you possibly have one of those or have you heard anything about it?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@dre I've looked at the evic and like everything I see except the damn stripe, I just can't make myself like the appearance, I'm more of a plain matte black guy myself...

Then get a wrap for it.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone think this will be covered under warranty? It's just over a month old, their website says it has a 90 day warranty for manufacturing defects, I'm just not sure this falls into that category...

It has no visible damage, scratches ect even though it was my work mod it really has been taken care of, I never vaped it while charging and made sure to charge it in a safe place where the USB wouldn't be stressed by the cord as I was afraid of this very thing happening

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone think this will be covered under warranty? It's just over a month old, their website says it has a 90 day warranty for manufacturing defects, I'm just not sure this falls into that category...

It has no visible damage, scratches ect even though it was my work mod it really has been taken care of, I never vaped it while charging and made sure to charge it in a safe place where the USB wouldn't be stressed by the cord as I was afraid of this very thing happening

Only one way to find out, right??? Give them a call or E-mail :)

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only one way to find out, right??? Give them a call or E-mail :)
I am awaiting an email back from them, I I'm not very fluent in chinglish so I figured calling would be a waste of time :) wish me luck, I was hoping there would be someone else who has dealt with smok warranty issues on here, as I have heard horror stories about them thus far

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wishing you much luck:):)
Thanks, looking like I'm going to need it... Still no reply and their phone just rings and rings. I'm about to run up to the b&m where I purchased it (along with ALL my juice, mods, toppers, ect) with high hopes they will exchange it, or at the least offer me a deep discount on something else. This is why I purchase everything locally, not only to support local business but because I'd like to think the service after the sale will make up for the difference in price over buying online... I hope.

If they are unwilling to help me out I suppose I will be asking for suggestions for a trusted online vendor, as I have never purchased anything vape related online. Off we go!

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I didn't end up with another m80....after tinkering with the m80 and a couple phone calls I ended up getting an ipv4 for $40!!! It's a little bigger than I wanted but I'm loving it so far. I'm glad they decided to retain a customer rather than run me off and lose all that potential profit. Overall I'm pretty happy, we shall see how the IPV does now..

Last edited:

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1fb9f37f1fe2b321078c72a48de64c50.jpg

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I didn't end up with another m80....after tinkering with the m80 and a couple phone calls I ended up getting an ipv4 for $40!!! It's a little bigger than I wanted but I'm loving it so far. I'm glad they decided to retain a customer rather than run me off and lose all that potential profit. Overall I'm pretty happy, we shall see how the IPV does now..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Good news!!!! Better choice IMO, Glad you got a happy ending!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so peanut butter and jelly of the black finish :( the silver one is so dull

VU Sponsors