Become a Patron!

Lung Inhale vs Mouth to Lung Inhale

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'd prefer to lung inhale, but I simply CAN'T. If I try with either an analog or a vape I just can't. I cough like hell if I do. I didn't know people did that but I see more vapor production when people do it. I usually have 18mg nicotine in mine and I've never used 0mg (but I plan on doing so when I am completely done, also I want to have a vape with 0mg just lying around for taste) Is it nicotine that's the problem? I like 80%-20% vg-pg but I want to go with 100% vg because I like vapor production. What do you think my problem is? Is there some sort of lung hit technique or something?? Thanks for suggestions :)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I'd prefer to lung inhale, but I simply CAN'T. If I try with either an analog or a vape I just can't. I cough like hell if I do. I didn't know people did that but I see more vapor production when people do it. I usually have 18mg nicotine in mine and I've never used 0mg (but I plan on doing so when I am completely done, also I want to have a vape with 0mg just lying around for taste) Is it nicotine that's the problem? I like 80%-20% vg-pg but I want to go with 100% vg because I like vapor production. What do you think my problem is? Is there some sort of lung hit technique or something?? Thanks for suggestions :)

There are a lot of factors involved there. Biggest thing, if you're looking for a good lung hit, is the proper hardware. What are you using now?

You want something with airflow as wide open as possible. I personally love my Kanger Subtank on the widest airflow setting for good lung hits. Or if you're looking for a dripper the Mutation or Freakshow are great for lung hitters. Nicotine level does play a factor, the highest I can go now is 12mg/ml and that still gets me coughing when I take a full lung hit. You're getting a much larger volume of vapor in a full lung hit so your mouth and throat are getting hit with more nicotine. Good luck!

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
I agree with too much nic, I hate lung hits in my kanger sub or my dripper with 12mg I can't imagine 18mg.

With subtanks and drippers I stay between 3 and 6mg

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well right now I'm using a Protank II with a Spinner III at 18mg 80-20 and it has a sort of menthol to it. I'm going to have a subtank AND a dripper soon and they both are going to have amazing airflow. I'm going to have the Aspire Atlantis and a clone of the Hobo v1.2 Both of them with a Penny v2 Clone mechanical mod. Sound good? The Atlantis and the mod will be here soon with Sony 18650 1600 batteries.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sound good? I'm also going to get some low - 0mg juice just for when I want something if I just want to vape for flavor.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Atlantis is a perfect clone.

Also the protank II that I have right now has decent airflow. Much better than the ego $15 type shit from the gas station that I was using.

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
I'd be careful putting a kanger subtank on a mech mod. My kanger coils will pop at 30w.

Not sure about this but I heard that pg dominant juices will be a little harsher lung hit as well

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd be careful putting a kanger subtank on a mech mod. My kanger coils will pop at 30w.

Not sure about this but I heard that pg dominant juices will be a little harsher lung hit as well
Yes, that's right I know they are from experience. I'm thinking of getting some 100% VG 0mg of a really good flavor and some 20vg/80pg of some good flavor too. VG has less flavor when it's vaporized so I wanted to see if it was too much of a difference, like I'd try samples and then see. I hope 100% VG won't kill the flavor too much because I like to chuck dem clouds :D but I also like good flavor.

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whoaaaa.

18mg for lungs hits? Hell dont blame you for coughing for a lung hit.
I used to be able to do 24mg on a subtank but lung hits, thats a big no no.
Im down to 3mg, and that hits me harder than a normal 24mg mouth hit.
Try lowering the nic to like a 6-8mg.
Then doing a lung hit.

Just my advice.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whoaaaa.

18mg for lungs hits? Hell dont blame you for coughing for a lung hit.
I used to be able to do 24mg on a subtank but lung hits, thats a big no no.
Im down to 3mg, and that hits me harder than a normal 24mg mouth hit.
Try lowering the nic to like a 6-8mg.
Then doing a lung hit.

Just my advice.
Alright thanks! I was thinking that's the problem, because I've never tried anything lower than 12. ^_^

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep its the nic and probably airflow. i remember starting out i was trying lung hits at 12mg as well and had the same problem of the harshness. i tried 6mg and the flavor just exploded (green apple, will never forget that puff lol) as well as the harshness went away. give some of the lower nic juices a shot, i went from 18mg to 6mg in a week, only about a month after i quit cigs too

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what you do if you want to do lung hit...
Proper batteries
Rda/rta/rdta with a lotS of airflow
Start with 0mg nicotine just for practice... Start slowly until you get use to it...then work ur way up...
I was vaping on 18-24mg nicotine on a protank 3 for 2 years then I started dripping with 6mg,I'm not ready to drop it down to 3mg PERMANENTLY!!
BIGBOYVAPER

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't lung hit until I got my Istick 30 and my subtank mini. It made me cough a LOT at first, but after 20 minutes of hacking like a fool the irritation went away. Your lungs aren't used to having such a dense amount of smoke/vapor/anything that isn't air inside it. Look at how much smoke you would exhale from a regular cigarette vs how much you can produce from a vaporizer. As mentioned above you do need large amounts of airflow. Closed off devices simply produce vapor that is too warm to stand with a lung inhale (in my experience anyways) so your hardware is absolutely key. Just as an example, if I put my subtank mini to the one or two air hole setting I CANNOT hold a good lung inhale. It feels like fire. Once you have one of the open airflow devices, the next part is just sticking it out until your lungs adapt to what you're doing to them. Good luck!

Oh, regarding nicotine, ESPECIALLY if you get into sub ohm devices you want to use half, if not less nicotine % than you're currently using. I'm at 3mg/ml mixes now and I get a mad buzz first thing in the morning.

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Number one use a lighter nicotine liquid to start, and a high vg you wont even notice the hit. If your not used to lung hits I recommend also starting with a good glassimizor like a Innokin I clear 30s or an Atlantis Aspire wonderful tanks to get used to lung hits. give it a try and let us know how it works for ya
DAMgoodvapes signing off

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine level does play a factor, the highest I can go now is 12mg/ml and that still gets me coughing when I take a full lung hit. You're getting a much larger volume of vapor in a full lung hit so your mouth and throat are getting hit with more nicotine. Good luck!

Totally agree, I can only lung hit with 3-6mg. Anything higher is like glass on my throat!

Cephalon Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
18mg is pretty hardcore for a big hit. Anything above 6 and I cough like crazy! :eek:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh, you kids...I never thought I would turn into the guy yelling at kids the preverbal "get off my lawn"...but then again I never thought I'd see the day where mom was always right and it turned out I was wrong the whole time either :D

Anyways....I remember a time when I lung hit 24mg max vg liquid and now it stings my throat and gives me a headache above 6mg. I've said this over and over again....Sub ohm vaping, especially below .5 is uncomfortable even with the proper airflow in the beginning. And you don't have to build super sub ohm to cloud chase...I always try and make that clear. You don't have to lung inhale to enjoy vaping and you don't have to vape super low to enjoy it either.

But if you must....try lowering your nic level...it will take some of the sting you're getting in the back of your throat out for sure....max vg juice produces more vapor but is less flavorful than say a 50/50 or even an 80/20 vg/pg so a little PG, even with the extra throat hit it will have, gives a more flavorful vape. One thing you can do to help condition your throat to sucking in all that vapor is to take your protank you've got now and as you're inhaling it open up the corner of your mouth and suck air in while you're trying to lung hit off of it instead of a normal mouth to lung inhale like you would....it will produce more vapor and it will help condition your throat to get ready for full on lung hits.

When you do get your Atlantis and dripper, remember that clouds are a combination of airflow, coil build, amount of wicking, type of juice, how much power is going to your coil, and how you inhale. All of these factors contribute to vapor production and any one of them alone will not get the job done. When you're ready to start building start with like a 26 gauge wire and a higher build, above .5 . This will be a baseline reference for you to determine what you'll like in terms of vapor production and temperature and quality...if you dive in super sub ohm it's risky in the first place, and you think it's uncomfortable now? even a cool vape off a .2 coil the first time isn't pleasant if you don't know what's coming, :) It's like boiling lobsters, you gotta start slow and slowly work your way up...and in time you'll find that either you want more vapor as your body becomes accustomed to it or you'll find your happy place and stop there. :)

I have a couple of Mutation X's and such and blow clouds once in awhile, but the first time I built a .24 coil I even choked :) most of my builds are .4-.9 and are in flavor rigs like a magma, or a manta, or my tobh, or my storm V2 and they put out a decent amount of vapor but they'll never will a cloud contest by any means. Like I said....just try directly inhaling off your protank while sucking in a little bit of air threw the corner of your mouth to start with. What you've got now was never meant to be lung inhaled so it's not going to be able to be used for that in the first place since it's not what it's designed for. But if you can suck air in while direct inhaling off of it then you'll be on your first step down the path of the cloudy side of the force.

Vaping for me was all about being finally free from analogs and the hobby grew out of that. Just enjoy the journey of it all and don't try and rush anything. The drippers and clouds will still be there when you're ready for them...in the meantime find some tasty juice and enjoy while you learn the basics of ohm's law, the importance of battery safety, and basic coil building. Then when you're ready you can jump off the cliff head first knowing you're not jumping into rocks under the water down below....have fun and happy safe vaping :)

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you lung hit w/ analogs? why??? ive smoked (no longer) for a long time and have never been lung hitting cigarettes...did i miss something?

VU Sponsors